55: Important Talk

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

We choose to sit outside at an umbrella covered table. I slide on my sunglasses as Hazel points at something behind me.

"Do you want to go look at them?" Daniel asks her.

I turn around in my chair as Hazel runs off. There's a farm behind the restaurant and goats grazing in the fields. Goats aren't something Hazel gets to see every day at home.

I turn back around to face Daniel as a waiter brings us menus. We order sandwiches and Diet Coke for ourselves and a slice of chocolate cake with apple juice for Hazel whose too busy petting a baby goat that the caretaker showed her.

I turn in my seat again and take a picture of Hazel as she holds the baby goat in her arm, telling him something that I can't hear. When I face Daniel again, he's watching me.

I raise an eyebrow at him, "What?"

"You've been thinking about something." He says.

I nod in reply the warm feeling from the car returning to my heart. "The helicopter ride brought back memories."

He smiles at me, clearly thinking along the same lines as me. "I was thinking of those too."

Daniel reaches out and takes my hand in his, rubbing it as he speaks, "I can't even remember what it was like not being married to you."

"Do you remember Tess's speech at our wedding?" I ask him with a smirk.

"'Emma and Daniel were married even before they officially tied the knot.'?" Daniel quotes Tess.

I laugh at the reminder, "Were we really all that mushy?"

"I didn't mind the mushiness." He laughs with me.

The restaurant has a lot of customers so I force myself to not kiss Daniel as the waiter comes back with our food and Daniel leaves to fetch Hazel. We eat our food, talking about the helicopter ride. Hazel is having a wonderful day: the helicopter ride, baby goat encounter and now cake to top it off.

An hour and a half later we're back at our hotel suite. Daniel and I are tired from the long day but Hazel took a nap on the drive back and now she's fresh and recharged, hence, her insistence on going swimming.

We check with the concierge and find out that in five minutes the Westin's swimming pool is having a kid's hour where no one but children will be allowed under strict surveillance of life guards. Deeming is safe for Hazel, I take her down to the pool and hand her over to one of the life guards who reassures me that Hazel will be safe.

When I return to our suite, Daniel's on a couch in the living room scrolling through his phone.

"Everything okay back home?" I ask, sitting down next to him.

"Yes. Jeremy wants me briefed before a meeting tomorrow." He replies.

"Back to work tomorrow?" I ask, knowing the answer.

"Can't be helped." Daniel replies solemnly, kissing my head.

I sigh and lean into his side who in turn wraps an arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer to him. I feel him rub my shoulder as my mind goes back to thoughts I've been keeping to myself for some time now.

I take a deep breath and ask, "Daniel?"

"Hmm?" He replies.

"I've been wanting to talk you about something." I sit forward and look back him.

"About what?" He asks, setting down his phone.

With a sinking heart I realize that there's no beating around the bush about this.

"Daniel, I want to try and have another child." I get it out before I cower again.

I can see that I took him by surprise because he stares at me for a couple of seconds before taking a deep breath, "Emma..."

"I know how dangerous the entire process of pregnancy and conceiving is more me but Hazel should have someone other than Vanessa and...I'm ready emotionally to deal with any short comings." I reassure Daniel's worries.

I watch him sigh and think about my words. We sit in silence, thinking about my revelation.

"Emma if there's any way I might gave given you the impression or anything to go on that I want another child, it's not what I was conveying. I love Hazel and I'm perfectly happy with what I have. I don't want to put you through any pain or trauma."

I take his face in my hands and shake my head, "You never have Daniel and that's one of the so many reasons I love you. This isn't about anything you did or said, it's about just the right time now."

He holds my gaze for a second before sitting forward, "Is this truly what you want? With no outside pressure?"

I nod, "Yes. I do."

"Think about it and if this is what you want, then I will be honored to have another child with you." He cups my face and kisses me.

This is what the last few chapters were leading up too!! AHHH! THE CAT'S OUT OF THE BAG!

BTW @MichelleMoon0 and @beautyforever2004 thank you for your comments ❤️ I would love to know what everyone else thinks of the story too :) PLEASE COMMENT!!

-T

P.S. frequent updates from now on :)

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro