9 | friends or foes

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Marinette was not ready to make it be known to her follower that she was currently armed. The man, most likely, was probably looking for some money, or in a worse case scenario, someone whom he could force to be with him for a one night stand.

What Marinette didn't know, was that two figures were watching her. One, she had caught onto immediately, and the second, stayed hidden quietly in the shadows.

A dark and somewhat evilish chuckle erupted from the darkness, and her eyes were immediately fixed on where it had come from. The first figure she knew had been on her tail stepped out from under the dim light of the lamppost, making himself visible.

Marinette immediately began to study his features. From her view, the man was dressed in all black; but she didn't miss his green sneakers, blue baseball cap, and devilish dark eyes.

She didn't utter a word as he stepped closer. She wanted him to make the first move. "What are you doing out here all alone, little lady?"

That's how all criminals approached their naive prey. Except this little lady wasn't as naive as this idiot thought.

"I beg your pardon?" Marinette replied, though his tone of voice was sarcastic. "I absolutely have no idea what you mean, sir. I'm simply taking an evening stroll."

The role she set as an innocent, stupid, young, naive woman pulled into effect well, because the man soon removed his hand from his belt loops... where his weapon probably lay hidden behind his waistband.

"Why don't you come with me?" He asked, obviously buying the act she had laid out before him. "I'm sure we could both give each other what we want tonight, wouldn't you agree?"

As disgustingly as that sounded, Marinette kept up her act. "Of course, you kind, sir. Before we do so, however, would you be ever so kind as to direct me someplace?"

"And might where that be?" He grinned mischievously, letting his golden teeth shine under the light.

That's when Marinette grinned with an all knowing smirk and pulled out her own weapon from her waistband. Aiming it straight at the man's head, her naive voice disappeared, and her accent broke through— fierce and dangerous. "To the Parish Police Station," She said, cocking her gun. "I'll even get you the finest cell."

His grin was gone in an instant, and he quickly raised his hands up into the sky at the sight of the gun she held.

In one swift motion, Marinette cuffed the man and called for backup. Because her crew was off shift, it would take them a bit longer than usual to come take away the prisoner. But Marinette didn't really mind listening to the man bicker.

"H-How could you do this?" He practically spat, as if trying to threaten her. Even though his hands were cuffed behind his back, Marinette used another hand cuff to keep him tied to the lamppost.

She leaned against the wall of a nearby building, inspecting her gun with little interest in what her prisoner was doing, or rather, saying. "What me?" She looked up at him, only to bat her eyelashes  innocently. "I have no earthly idea on what you mean."

"You know clearly well," he growled back. "You tricked me!"

Marinette barely heard his last sentence, because in the moment he had said it, she had picked up another unpleasant sound coming from the darkness. A second figure entered her radar, and it was impossible for her to know if it was a threat or an ally.

She grinned, using her brains to her advantage, she replied loud enough for the prisoner and anyone else in the area to hear. "Ah, well, we all know you played a cop."

"We?" The man continued to babble. "You fool. There are only two of us here."

Marinette raised an eyebrow and pushed herself off from the wall. "Are you sure about that?" She quizzed, and she knew whoever else was watching the scene could clearly hear.

"I beg to differ," Marinette added after she let a moment of silence pass by. Cocking her gun, she also added, "There is someone else watching us. Probably more focused on your pathetic self."

When the person who is watching you gets caught, his plan has failed. But when there is another person watching both you and the person, it's a bit frightening.

The man who was cuffed to the lamppost didn't seem too comfortable, especially when he realized he was now being watched. "What do you mean we're being watched?"

"What?" Marinette titled her head to the side innocently, pouting playfully. "Are you afraid that someone's watching you? How does it feel? Do you like that feeling?"

The man shook his head frantically in fright, as if he knew who was right around the corner. "We have to get out of here." He warned her.

Marinette scoffed at that, "And you say I'm the fool? Only a fool runs from danger." She kept her eyes focused in the darkness as she waited patiently for the newcomer to show himself.

Then, she heard footsteps approaching them loud and clear, and she knew her prisoner could hear them as well. He frantically continued to pull on his cuffs, almost as if he though that would free him from his bondage to the lamppost.

Marinette's eyes darted to his figure, confusion written all in her features, as she wondered why he was in a hurry to run for the hills. However, her eyes quickly snapped back into the darkness when she heard a low growl.

The man grew more nervous. "Please," he began to beg, "Let me free! We need to run!"

However, Marinette stood her ground. Running was not an option for her, and whoever this person was wasn't about to scare her away.

She watched as the second stranger stepped into the light.

Marinette had expected an angry animal after hearing that unpleasant growl. She assumed it was an alley cat or some wild stray. But her eyes quickly widened when she realized her guesses were far from right.

It was definitely a cat, but not exactly what she had pictured in her mind.

It was a man dressed in a cat costume.

Marinette did her best to hold in her laughter. Now this was something she had never seen before (and she had seen a lot of weird things.) Why on earth was a grown man wearing a cat suit?

However, he was the first to break the silence. His green, glowing eyes focused on her prisoner, and he snarled, "Harold, what are you doing in my territory?" His clawed finger pointed at his own chest, emphasizing the my in his question.

Harold was his name. Marinette now knew her prisoner's name. The next thing she wanted to know was why this cat-man claimed this area of the city as his own.

Or, more specifically, why he even thought he had a right to claim any part of the city.

"I swear I was just passing through!" Harold exclaimed, and seemed fearful for his life as he scrambled as far away from the cat as he could. But cat-man didn't seem to believe him, and he got even closer to her prisoner.

His razor sharp claws were visible now, and he directed them towards Harold's neck. The man was frantically trying to escape the cat-man's clutches, and from Marinette's point of view, it seemed as if the cat man was ready to kill his prey.

As entertaining as this was, she couldn't allow him to do that.

"Remove your hands from him," she said sternly as she aimed her gun at the cat-man. "Lay a finger on that man, and you will have a witness against you in the court of law."

The cat-man backed away the minute he heard Marinette's voice. His glowing eyes poured into hers as he replied, "What these?" His innocent eyes danced along his clawed hands as he flexed his fingers playfully. He offered her a grin, though his smile looks far from friendly. "And who's to say you will live to see that day?"

"I could kill you right now."

The cat-man snickered, "So could I."

Marinette doesn't hesitate to recite a passage she learned back in the academy. "A man who kills for glory is a fool, but a man who kills for a purpose is a hero."

The cat-man seemed to admire her bravery, because he removed his clawed hand away from Harold's neck. He eyed her up and down, and the tenseness in Marinette's body never faded away as she followed his eyes.

The sound of the multiple sirens came into earshot, meaning her backup was close behind. Upon hearing the sounds, cat-man moved at the speed of light and landed in front of her in a matter of seconds, and despite his closeness, she let him lean in and whisper, "I have a passage of wisdom for you as well. A man who runs from fear is a coward, but a man who stands up for justice is a savior."

He doesn't give her a chance to respond. In the blink of an eye, the mysterious cat man is gone, disappearing back into the darkness.

Her backup pulled up onto the curb a second later.

So finally, Chat Noir has been introduced!! I think this is the longest chapter I've written so far.

Have any of you ever played around with Siri and have said awful things to her or made fun of her? Honestly, I do it all the time when I'm bored and I just had to share this one with you.

I'm so dead

Vote?
Comment?
Share?

Thanks!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro