1. Unforseen Journey

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Amidst the bustling atmosphere of the Regal University campus, the air was filled with excitement and anticipation as the most awaited basketball competition was about to unfold.

The clash between two of India's most prestigious universities, Regal University and Maharaja University, had drawn a massive crowd to the stadium, with each person fervently cheering for their favorite players.

Amidst the roar of the enthusiastic crowd, a cluster of girls huddled together, their eyes fixed on the intense basketball game unfolding before them.

Aashi sat with her friends Arsh, Shrisha and Vani cheering for Advait, Shwet and Avi. These seven had been friends since long. Aashi suddenly heard the voices of the girls sitting infront of her talking about their friends. She listened carefully.

"Advait is like a Greek god in sneakers," one of them swooned, her voice tinged with starry-eyed wonder. "I mean, have you seen those biceps? They could rival anyone! I can just drool forever looking at him."

Her friend nodded in agreement, her gaze still locked on the court. "And Avi, oh my heavens," she sighed dreamily. "The way he moves, so powerful and confident. It's like he was born to dominate."

A mischievous grin spread across a different girl's face as she piped up, "But honestly, Shwet is the one who makes my heart skip a beat. That dusky complexion and those piercing electric blue eyes... It's like he stepped out of a romantic novel."

The fourth girl couldn't help but chime in, her tone dripping with sarcasm. "Look at Vani. She's got Advait wrapped around her finger, and for what? She's just a basic girl-next-door type but just with extra weights."

The second girl's eyes sparkled with a mix of hope and uncertainty. "You know, I've caught Avi glancing our way a few times. Do you think he might actually notice me, this time?I mean, I've been practicing that hair flip."

She then added more,"It's been two years since that night. He was very passionate. I thought after that, we will have a relationship, but he has been ignoring me like a plague. I'd love to please every bit of him again."

The third girl said,"Don't worry. He is yours."

Their attention shifted back to the game, where Avi was making a dazzling play, his 6'7" frame towering over everyone else on the court.

"Wow, he's like a basketball wizard," one of them exclaimed, her voice brimming with admiration.

Avi's striking features were impossible to ignore; his honey-brown eyes seemed to hold a universe of secrets, drawing people in like moths to a flame. His sharp jawline and raven-black hair only added to his undeniable charisma, making it nearly impossible to look away.

The first girl sighed wistfully, her eyes fixed on Advait as he executed a skillful move.

"Honestly, Advait is the whole package. Tall, built like a fortress, and those blue eyes... they could melt the polar ice caps. I could look at them for hours."

The third girl leaned in, her voice a conspiratorial whisper. "But Shwet, you guys! There's just something enigmatic about him. Like, I can't even with Shrisha - she's totally punching above her weight. She totally doesn't deserve him. Damn those lips, I'd love to kiss."

As the game continued to unfold, their animated chatter continued, creating a tapestry of admiration, longing, and jealousy.

Unbeknownst to them, Vani, Shrisha, Aashi, and Arsh were quietly seated behind, inadvertently eavesdropping on the conversation. Vani and Shrisha's expressions soured as they heard the girls disrespectfully discussing their boyfriends.

Aashi's gaze shifted towards Arsh, his slightly slender frame accentuated by his deep black hair and captivating dark eyes. It whispered the notion of 'nerd' gently.

She leaned in with a playful smirk, "Care to wager on how long Vani and Shrisha can keep their cool?"

Arsh met her gaze, amusement dancing in his eyes, and questioned, "Aren't you feeling a tad bit jealous?"

Aashi responded with a nonchalant air, "Jealousy? Why bother?"

Arsh's lips curled into a knowing smile as he retorted, "Everyone, knows you have a soft spot for Avi." He chuckled, "Except you, of course."

Aashi felt a blush creeping up her cheeks; there was an element of truth in his words. She remembered her and Avi's first meeting that had mirrored a scene from a romantic movie.

It played out like the quintessential moment where the female lead stumbles, and the male lead catches her just in time, their eyes locking in a trance until reality interrupts. Aashi had lived that scene when she ran into Avi on her first day, him preventing her fall.

The sound of the bell snapped Aashi back to reality, signaling the end of the match, with Regal University clinching victory by a mere 4 points.

Post-match, Avi, Advait, and Shwet approached their circle of friends amidst the jubilant crowd. They stood before their friends, beaming with joy.

Advait's grin widened as his gaze met Vani's. Their relationship had bloomed over a year, and her hazel eye still captivated him, every time he looked at them. He embraced her tightly, a warmth spreading between them. He still didn't get over how her petite frame fits perfectly with his body.

Vani blushed, savoring the embrace, having missed him during her two-day absence due to a health camp organised by her parents.

Shwet embraced Shrisha warmly, a wide smile lighting up his face. They shared a brief exchange before he let go, a tender affection reflecting in his eyes as he gazed into her gentle light brown eyes and admired her finely chiseled features.

Her lips, adorned with a delicate layer of lip gloss, seemed irresistibly inviting, and he acted on that impulse by kissing her with genuine passion, conveying how much he had longed for her presence, even though it had just been a few hours since he last saw her.

Avi was approaching Arsh and Aashi. His brown eyes met Aashi's deep black eyes, which complemented her cute baby face, adorned with plump red lips and captivating large dark eyes.

As Avi prepared to speak to Aashi, he was interrupted by three girls who had been gossiping about him and others. The smile that had graced his lips upon meeting Aashi turned into a disapproving line, clearly showing his annoyance towards the girls.

Aashi, too, grew irritated by their interference.

The first girl spoke up, "Great job, Avi! We're your biggest fans now. You were amazing."

The second girl, trying for a flirtatious tone that came off more like a cat's dying meow, said, "I couldn't take my eyes off you the whole time," as she attempted to show off her cleavage and ran her hand over Avi's arm.

Aashi, seeing this, couldn't hide her displeasure. She approached Avi and gently removed the girl's hand from his arm, asking sweetly, "Want a hug?" It was their customary post-game hug.

But the same girl who had been gossiping earlier chimed in, "Hey, don't be greedy. He can hug me instead. I'm a better choice anyway."

Avi, paying no attention to the girl, kept his gaze fixed on Aashi.

The persistent girl,  moved closer to Avi, placing a hand on his shoulder, and said in a high-pitched, irritating voice, "Come here, baby."

Perhaps, around two years ago, such attention might have been appealing to him, leading him to engage with her or any other girl. They might have even shared a night together, during which he could have offered insincere compliments and momentary commitments driven by passion, only to dismiss her callously the following morning.

However, in the present, this kind of attention only seemed to agitate him. Deep within, he had already chosen someone.

Avi replied in a frosty tone as he retorted, casting his attention to them, "I'm not a child who hugs plastic dolls."

He promptly turned to Aashi, tuning out the girls' attempts. Aashi couldn't stifle her laughter, seeing the girl's embarrassed look.

The girl, stung and irate by Aashi's laughter, sought to assert herself, proclaiming, "Do you even know who my father is? Who are you laughing at?"

Unfazed by the situation, Aashi responded confidently with a smirk, "I might not know that, but I do know my parents are some of the best lawyers in the country."

Aashi with added,"And they won't mind clearing out my name for doing anything to you all."

Even though Aashi didn't usually invoke her parents' reputation like this, she wanted her to leave, uncomfortable with how she was staring at Avi.

Before Aashi could think further, her body seemed to act on its own, and she leaned in to hug Avi, giving him a kiss on the cheek.

This surprised Avi a bit. Although she had hugged him before, kissing his cheek was uncommon. He instinctively put his hands on her waist and drew her closer, softly asking, "Feeling jealous?"

Aashi met his gaze, her cheeks turning red, and replied, "No, I just dislike them."

Looking at her face, Avi whispered in her ear, giving her shivers, with a playful tone, "Whatever helps you sleep at night."

He then stepped back slightly, not wanting her to turn into a tomato. After a few moments, she turned her attention back to the other girls.

The girl that had asked Avi to hug her, spoke with jealousy in her voice, "You are idiot, you're so unattractive. Don't think you're anything special."

Her words dripped with venom as she continued and lied, "He kissed me just before the game started, and he was looking at me throughout the whole game!"

Aashi responded calmly, disbelief evident in her expression, "Your words match your face - fake. You're just imagining things. And as he said, he doesn't hug and kiss plastic dolls."

Aashi added," Advice for free if it isn't clear yet, don't believe your friends, he isn't yours, girl."

Before the girl can say anything further, Vani interjected, "Enough. We all heard your little crush sessions. Sometimes, before criticizing others, take a look around. They might be just behind you."

Shrisha then came closer to the girls and said with a smirk,"And maybe planning your assassination."

The trio of girls, realizing the futility of the situation, retreated in silence.

Arsh teased, "Well, that was anticlimactic. No drama this time."

The group shared a chuckle, chorusing, "Be thankful for the absence of drama."

After the incident, the seven of them decided to head to the cafeteria to eat. As they walked down the halls of the University, they turned heads and commanded attention.

At Regal University, a haven for the nation's wealthiest students and also the most brilliant minds, the seven of them stood out as the crème de la crème from prominent families.

Avir Agnihotri or Avi was the  transformative master of a multi-billion-dollar empire that he inherited at the start of his master's degree, two years prior. He was just 24 right now and was already turning into a business wizard.

Advait was from a lineage of financial expertise, Vani was a philanthropist with a doctor father, who was well known in the field of medical sciences.

Arsh came from a family of renowned jewelry craftsmanship, and Aashi was the daughter of the most famous lawyers in the country.

Shrouded in the mystery of government agent parents, Shirisha and Shwet found a unique bond that connected them.

Their popularity within the university wasn't solely attributed to their looks, but rather to the distinctive qualities that set each of them apart.

As the group strolled into the bustling cafeteria, the aroma of freshly brewed coffee and the chatter of students filled the air. Excitement filled Vani's voice as she addressed her friends, "Guys, we're still on for the trip, right? We leave this evening?"

However, Avi's expression turned apologetic as he responded, "I'm really sorry, but I won't be able to make it. I have a business meeting that I can't miss."

Aashi's face fell in disappointment, "It won't be the same without you, Avi."

With a mischievous grin, Avi leaned closer to Aashi and whispered, "Will you miss me? If you want, I can stay."

Aashi blushed, playfully pulling her chair away from him. He couldn't help but smirk at her shyness, and the others chuckled.

Vani's voice carried a hint of disappointment as she pouted, "Why? Didn't we promise that we will go together, no matter what?"

Shrisha's eyes locked onto Avi, her plea evident, "Avi, could you possibly reschedule the meeting?"

Avi's expression held regret as he met their gazes, "I truly wish I could, but this is a crucial commitment."

Arsh chimed in, "This isn't nice, Avi."

Shwet added with a touch of playful reproach, "Avi, the perpetually busy man. We can't go without you, though."

Amidst the exchange, the group weighed their options, grappling with the significance of their shared plans. This was more than just a trip - it was their collective birthday gift to Avi, a gesture of their bond. After moments of deliberation, the weight of the decision hung in the air as they collectively agreed to cancel the trip.

Advait's voice broke the silence, brimming with understanding, "Then it's settled. If Avi can't be a part of it, none of us will. We'll plan it again."

Nods of agreement rippled through the group. Avi, while grateful, couldn't help but voice his dissent, "But why? You all should go ahead."

Aashi's voice was firm,"No, Avi. We'll wait."

Vani's resolve echoed, "Absolutely, we won't let your birthday go uncelebrated."

Avi relented with a subdued nod, his heart touched by their camaraderie. Though he wished he could sway them, he understood their stance.

With their decisions made, the group turned their attention to their meals. Laughter danced in the air as they savored each bite, a reflection of the vibrant bond they shared.

After about half an hour, Avi said, "Alright, I should head home now to shower and change."

The rest of the group agreed, feeling a bit tired from the day's activities. As evening approached, they decided to call it a day, looking forward to a much-needed shower, especially after the intense game they had played.

With fond farewells, they all departed towards their respective ways.

The following morning, the six friends found themselves feeling a bit restless, with Avi still not having returned. Bored, they decided to make the most of their day by heading to their beloved cafe near the University around noon.

As they were contemplating on any activity to do, their phones chimed with a familiar notification sound, and a message popped up on their screens, it was a message in their group, 'The Witty Wit Seven'.

"Hey, want to join me at the new nearby resort? I have a meeting there. They just opened and have the best services in the country. Consider it as my apology for cancelling on you guys earlier."

The group exchanged glances, at unexpected invitation from, Avi.

Advait playfully teased with his message to Avi, "Can't you be a bit more patient, missing us already?"

Vani chimed in, typing, "You know Avi, he's never been good at waiting, but he must be missing Aashi not us." Causing laughter to fill the air. Reading this Aashi couldn't say anything but just blush.

Avi's next message came through, "Okay, okay, enough jokes. So, are you guys coming? I'll treat you all. And true, I miss her.(⁠◠⁠‿⁠・)"

Now, Aashi's face literally resembled a tomato, and the other just laughed seeing her expression. Everyone at the table knew that Aashi and Avi had liked each other since they met but for some reasons, they both never got together.

Aashi to divert the topic, typed," It's Royal Resort ,right? That just opened?”

Vani typed with a shocked expression," The one that just opened? It's already fully booked for two years."

Shrisha couldn't resist teasing and typed, "Ah, the perks being the Avir Agnihotri, you have access to pretty much anything."

Arsh joined in, adding his text, "And absolutely, we can't say no to a treat!"

Avi, with his characteristic sarcasm, replied with a text saying, "Alright, alright, enough of the drama. You're lucky I like you all."

The rest of the group typed their confirmations one by one, expressing their excitement with "Sure" and "Yes."

Avi then said, "Great! I'll send you the address. It's not far from college, just a 30-minute drive. Be here in an hour, and don't forget your swimwear."

They all acknowledged his message, feeling thrilled, and headed to their dorm rooms to gather the necessary items.

After meeting up again at the cafe, they set off together in high spirits towards the resort.

As they arrived, Avi greeted them, handing over the keys to their rooms so they could change and get ready to enjoy the day. The resort was a stunning oasis, surrounded by lush greenery and offering breathtaking views of the nearby mountains.

However, as they stepped into their respective rooms, a strange sensation washed over them, and they began to feel dizzy. Suddenly, one by one, all seven of them lost consciousness.

When they eventually woke up, they found themselves in an unfamiliar and bizarre place, surrounded by an otherworldly landscape. Confusion and curiosity filled their minds as they looked at each other, wondering what had happened and where they were.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro