7 - Golden Eyes

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

CHAPTER SEVEN: GOLDEN EYES

"You guys okay? Good."

Hal landed next to Barry, with Alex landing right behind him. Diana, Shazam and Cyborg were all gathered in the middle of the pile of rubble, all staring at Green Lantern as though he was their de-facto leader in the absence of Batman. Which he was.

"Uh..." Hal looked at everyone, an awkward expression on his face. He definitely wasn't used to leading, was he? "We need to, uh..."

"We need to play offense," He added, sounding a little more confident than before. "Instead of coming up all to bat."

"Um what?" Barry looked at him, confused.

With a similar expression Diana added, "I apologise. But I don't know your games."

"What exactly do you mean?" Alex also asked, confused at his words. She was never a big sports fan anyway and his analogy was pretty much going over her head.

"I think what Lantern is saying is that it's time for some teamwork," Cyborg said. "So, let's pull it together."

"Yeah, baby! Clap it up!" Shazam enthusiastically held out his hand, hoping for a high-five. But when nobody obliged him, he pulled his hand back, letting an awkward smile appear on his face. Alex shook her head slightly. From what she had read about him in the news, he was pretty childish. How did he even get his powers, was what she would love to know.

"Well," Hal said, tapping his gloved hand on his chin. "He blasts those beams out of his eyes, right?"

"It's settled then!" Diana swung her sword through the air in a graceful arc. Alex stepped a little bit away. She didn't want her face accidentally cut off. "We blind him!"

"That's as good a plan as any," Hal replied. "Yeah, we follow and we stay out of sight. I'll turn on the fireworks to get his attention. Princess, you get in striking distance and stab that son of a bitch in the eyes."

'Princess? Why would he call Diana that? Not that she isn't a princess, but still...why?' Alex thought, a slight frown appearing on her face.

"Like poor damned Oedipus," Diana replied with confidence.

"Yeah, what the hot Greek chick said," Shazam said, pointing towards Diana with a grin.

"And the invasion of monsters raining down from the sky? What about them?" Barry questioned.

"Yeah, exactly. Those creatures will definitely try to stop us," Alex added.

"I might be able to send them back where they came from," Cyborg stated helpfully.

"Good enough for me," Hal stated. He started to glow green once more as he slowly rose into the sky. "Here we go, team. We got this!" He turned away, flying in the direction Darkseid had gone earlier.

Alex rolled her eyes as she took off behind. 'We got this'? What kind of a stupid battle cry was that? We got this? Did they really though? Barry voiced out what she was thinking as they caught up with Hal.

"We got this? That's your big battle cry?" Barry said, almost rolling his eyes beneath his cowl.

"Don't worry about this, smart ass," Hal replied. "Stick to the plan."

"It's a stupid battle cry anyway," Alex muttered lowly, but loud enough so that Hal could hear her. And sure he did because he turned his head towards, shooting a slight glare at her before turning back to look at the road (sky) ahead.

Darkseid was about a hundred feet away from them, surrounded by his army of monsters. He was leaving destruction in his wake as periodically, lasers shot out of his eyes, blasting the ground and causing multiple explosions. People were screaming, frantic as they ran to take cover.

The unlikely team of heroes had almost caught up to him. With four of them flying through the sky and with Barry running on the ground, they surely had a chance against him...right? Right?

"Okay remember, I'll distract -" Before Hal could say anything else, he was interrupted by Shazam lighting up his fists with electricity and flying towards Darkseid with a single battle cry. "What the-?!"

Alex facepalmed. 'Why did he have to do that?'

They could only watch as Darkseid spun around, grabbing Shazam and stopping his attack midair. The monster started squeezing him, trying to break the bones of the hero who was now struggling to break out. Darkseid held Shazam tighter before tossing him straight into Cyborg, taking both of them down.

Alex barely had time to dodge as she rolled out of the way, almost getting hit. But she steadied herself in time and flew towards Darkseid the same time as Hal, both of them blasting the monster with their powers. But he kept on retaliating, fighting against the group of heroes with full force.

Alex couldn't even concern herself with the others because she was fighting a fight of her own along with Cyborg as they worked together to take down the alien creatures that were surrounding Darkseid. They had somehow found themselves nearing the harbour as they fought against the creatures and the monster that controlled them.

A horde of them surrounded Darkseid as he hovered above the ocean. Lasers burst out of his eyes as he attacked them, along with the creatures. Alex blasted them with cosmic energy, tearing off her gloves and tossing them into the ocean. As she floated above the water, facing against the creatures, she spotted Barry running towards Darkseid.

He appeared to be a mere blur, his speed higher than she remembered. She turned her attention back to the creatures, knowing that Barry could handle himself. She needed to worry about herself and the others because they were completely surrounded by monsters.

Alex raised her hands into the sky, pulling as much cosmic energy as she could. When she felt the energy build up and reach its peak, she threw it at a horde of monsters, blasting them all straight into the ocean.

"Hey Darkseid!" Hal yelled, somewhere behind her, creating a wickedly cool and very massive green gun construct. "Eat this!"

Darkseid flew straight at him, ready to attack, as Hal fired the gun, shooting bright green bullets at the alien. The alien was too strong; ramming into Hal's guns and sending him flying straight to the water.

Alex had barely turned to look at him when she found herself being tackled by two of the smaller alien creatures. She grunted in pain, almost falling into the ocean. But she managed to stop herself in time; she lit up her fists in bright blue energy and slammed them together, creating a massive shockwave that blasted the two (and some other creatures) away.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Diana battling Darkseid. After letting the alien's lasers ricochet off her sword, Diana raised it high above Darkseid's face. In one furious motion, she drove the sword through his eye, blinding him.

Darkseid yelled in pain as Diana pulled her sword out, jumping away. Out of nowhere, a green submarine erupted through the water, tackling Darkseid and sending him flying into a horde of his subservient creatures.

As Alex flew next to Diana and Hal (who had just come out of the water), she heard Diana say, "One down. One to go."

The three of them nodded at each other before flying off to the edge of the docks where Barry, Shazam and Cyborg had assembled. The horde of creatures was not too far from them, hiding the monster that controlled them. The entire group was in battle positions, ready to attack. The creatures moved out of the way, revealing Darkseid's injured eye to them. It was oozing a thick red liquid which almost made Alex groan in disgust. She looked at Diana, who had a triumphant smile on her face. 'What a badass.'

Then, it happened.

Darkseid flew at them with the creatures following behind. Alex was ready in a battle position, but before any of them could react, Darkseid had grabbed Wonder Woman slamming her through metal and concrete as he flew behind them through the buildings. Alex and Barry were the first to react as they flew (and ran) right where Darkseid had taken Diana.

As soon as they found her, both of them started to attack Darkseid with Barry punching him and Alex blasting him with cosmic energy. She was beginning to be very annoyed by this stupid alien. Why couldn't he just fall down? For fuck's sake, he was blinded in one eye!

She only hoped Batman had been able to find Superman soon; because she had a feeling that they would not be beating this alien without their alien being on their side.

Almost as though Darkseid was angry (which Alex had to assume he was), he slammed his massive fists straight into her and Barry, sending them flying into some sort of car which exploded into flames. Alex winced slightly as she rolled out of the way, secretly thanking her fast healing process.

Darkseid growled at them in anger, before he shot his lasers at them. Alex mentally cursed as the menacing red light made her way towards them. 'Come on, think. Think, you idiot!' But then Hal flew out of nowhere, a green shield construct formed in front of him. The red lasers hit the green shield, sparking before Hal made another construct, this time of a giant fist, sending Darkseid flying backwards.

Alex flew into the sky above as Shazam and Cyborg also joined the fight; attacking the creatures. With a deep breath, she closed her eyes, letting the cosmic energy build up inside her. This was her hidden card, her power move which she had only perfected last year. It was perfect for intimidation and absolutely perfect for attacking a monster from another dimension. She just hoped it would work against the strength of Darkseid; because if it didn't...well, she didn't want to die and not save the world. It would work.

Alex would have to believe in herself. Which she did.

Once the energy had reached its crescendo, Alex opened her eyes, but instead of her normal bright eyes, her eyes glowed a menacing golden as she, herself, was surrounded by a golden aura. She smirked to herself.

Alex stared down at the monster who was currently fighting off both Shazam and Cyborg. "Time to take down this slimy bastard."

I'm so sorry about the lack of updates! I literally had zero inspiration to write for this in the past week, even though the chapter was half-written but I rewatched Justice League: War again and I suddenly got some inspo so I quickly finished up this scene.

As you can see from this chapter, I suck at writing action scenes; I've only written a few that I am actually proud of. But hopefully, the next one should be a more improved chapter and a better battle scene.

I hoped you liked reading this chapter. Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro