[5]

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

your pov

I slurp on my f/f slushy. "So what's your deal? Why does everyone seem to be wary of you?"

JD sighs and leans against the seven-eleven counter. "People just don't appreciate a good work of art. To see art, everyone sees it in a different perspective. You just saw something worth staring at.

I nod slowly, "yeah, I guess you're right." I take another slurp of my slushy. "You move around a lot?"

He nods, "yeah, never really been in a place long besides Sherwood, Ohio."

"Oh, I've lived here my whole life." I sigh, "it's nice at first. Then it gets boring."

"Well, that's because you haven't had a guy like me to hang out with." He smirks.

I shove him playfully. "Jerk, but I'll admit that my life's been more interesting in the forty-eight hours I've known you."

"Well that's because I'm a very interesting person." He agrees, sliding closer to me. "But you're the only person I've gotten close to."

"And why might that be?" I ask, turning to look at him and my face heats up when I realize how close he is.

He sighs and wraps an arm around me, "for that answer you'll have to pay."

I roll my eyes, "pay how?"

"Dinner. Tonight. Meet me here." He kisses my head and saunters out of the seven-eleven.

"You have a what?" Heather Chandler exclaims. "A date?"

"Ooh! Anyone we know?" Heather McNamara asks, twirling a piece of hair around her finger.

"No," I sigh, "he goes to a different school." I lie and smile, thinking about him. JD has affected me in a way I thought no one could. I had given up on high school guys until him.

"What are you going to wear?" Heather Duke demands. "You need to look your best."

They pull me into Heather Chandler's walk in closet and hold numerous dresses next to me, contemplating each one. "This dress really brings out her eyes," Heather McNamara exclaims, holding up a yellow dress.

"Ew, she looks like a bumblebee." Heather Duke laughs. "Let's go with green." She holds up a short green dress.

"Guys, let her pick." Veronica sighs. "Honestly, y/n, go with whatever you want."

I pull through the racks of clothing and one catches my eye. It's a short f/c dress with a sweetheart neckline, and smooth. "I think this is the one." I hold it next to me so they can judge and see.

They look at it for a moment. "Oh yeah, that's it."

"Oh most definitely."

"Hell yeah, girl!"

I smile and look for a pair of shoes. "What type of shoes?"

"Black heels,"

"Black converse,"

"Black flats,"

"Black boots."

I look at Heather Chandler, "your idea of black heels will kill me." She only responds with a laugh.

"Heather, I'll take your black flats." I tell Heather Duke.

She smiles and hands me a pair of flats. "Beautiful! Now go get ready!"

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro