|14|

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

TW: Mention of lack of consent and bullet wounds
Virgil silently laid on the top bunk, forcing Roman onto the bottom without choice.
There was nothing to say that he could think of. He winced, it feeling unbearably awkward. He couldn't say anything though...where questions usually were- there was silence.
And clearly he wasn't the only one feeling it.

"No harassment tonight?" Roman scoffed.

"What does that mean?" Virgil rolled his eyes as the silent tension was broken and an angry tension set in.

"The questions, the endless questions, that you ask every night." Roman sighed, "Where are they?"

"What? Do you miss them?" Virgil spat angrily.

Roman paused, "No, not in the least- I'm just a man of habits I suppose." He said with a bit of sarcasm.

"I don't know." Virgil shrugged, "I guess I just...gave up."

"On what?"

"On getting you back." Virgil blinked, "Not that, you care though, no, your head's too far up your own ass for you to believe anything I tell you."

"Why would I? With an attitude like that." Roman grumbled, "You're just as pushy as that Lea."

"What?" Virgil laughed in confusion.

"The way he signed to Tom he loved him and how he looked at him and- it's disgusting, he needs to know when to lay off." Roman shrugged.

Virgil sat up in bed, suddenly growing defensive for the boy with sunglasses, "Tom is Lea's boyfriend, you dimwit!" He scowled, picking at the skin along the sides of his nails angrily.

"What!?" Roman yelped, "B-but Tom wouldn't- he wouldn't do that to me-"

"Yes, yes he would! Because he doesn't love you!" Virgil threw his hands up, "I don't think he even likes you, Ro."

"Don't call me Ro- you're not allowed to act familiar with me like that." Roman growled.

"I'm not allowed to?" Virgil mocked, "Oh, and I suppose you're going to do something about it? You've taken the thing I love most from me, Roman, you can't beat me if I'm below rock bottom."

"Stop pretending you loved me! You hurt me- you hurt me." Roman turned aggressively on his bed.

There was silence.

Then Virgil spoke.

"I don't care what you think I've done. Or if I've hurt you. Because you," Virgil laid back down, turning his back to the cell, "You killed me, Roman."

Roman opened his mouth to respond but something kept him from doing so.

There were no more words spoken that night.

Tom twitched uncomfortably on the top bunk.
He and Lea were back to sleeping each in their own beds, and Tom couldn't take it.
His heart hurt which kept him restless and the guilt that plagued him wouldn't leave his mind.
"Lea..?" Tom tried for what felt like the millionth time tonight.
And, for the millionth time tonight, again, Lea didn't respond.

"Something, please, just say something." Tom frowned, then shook his head, "No, not even, just listen to me." He sat up and made his way to the edge of the bed, hanging his legs over it. He waited for a few minutes before sighing, "Look, I'm not going to come down to see if you're listening...I'm just going to talk, Okay?"

No response.

"Okay." Tom responded to himself, "You...it was an accident- and I know you're not going to believe that, but hear me out...he remembered, Lea, he remembered..." Tom smiled slightly, "I didn't even think I cared until- well, I touched him on the shoulder to tell him to take a seat- I could feel the bullet wound from under his jumpsuit but...the moment I touched it, it was as if he rebooted. He just stood there for a second before saying my name in such a disgusted voice that I knew he remembered...I got so frightened that my hand flinched and when he got back to his broken state, he recalled my hand running along his shoulder and..thought I was trying to come on to him.." Tom mumbled, "He just- in one swift move he had me on the wall with his lips on my face- I didn't kiss back, Lea- I-I would never do that." Tom's shoulders hunched.

Still no response.

"For god's sake, Lea!" Tom swiftly made his way down to ground level and turned to face Lea who was laying down, back facing Tom, "I know you're awake, you don't sleep with your sunglasses on." Tom put his hand on his hip with a frown before letting it fall to his side, "Lea, I'm trying here, I'm trying so hard, please, give me something!" He went limp slightly with his shoulders sagging.

Still no response.

Tom knelt beside the bottom bunk, "I know you're mad me, trust me, this sucks, this really sucks." He paused, "I realize I'm in the wrong here, no matter what happened, I'm in the wrong here- a-and I hurt you...god, I hurt you, Lea..." He said this as if it had just hit him, "I'm so sorry...I- really, I'm not one for admitting I'm wrong, or apologizing, or any of that c-crap, but...nobody's meant this much to me before. Not Virgil, not Roman, not anyone, jus you...you who threw his heart to me in probably the strangest place to throw it...and I didn't catch it until it almost fell...I'm sorry for that too- and...I'm sorry, just sorry in general, for any time I've belittled you just please, please speak to me...this is going to drive me mad, it's been two days of silence now and- what am I saying?" Tom sighed, "You need time...I- emotions are failing me." He turned to lean his back against the bed frame, "I can wait...I can wait."

Tom sat there for quite some time before he felt a hand touch his shoulder.

There were no more words spoken that night.

Virgil's eyes shot open.

Roman had remembered the sign for I love you.

////
Double update wowee
These chapters are just comin' fast, lots of extra time at school
Any who,
More updates to come in the future
-Jay💓

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro