~ 3 ~

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I woke up the next morning with a yawn, I hadn't slept well, faces danced through my dreams and taunts filled my ears. I'd been running through a forest, I think. Someone had been teasing me, I knew running had been useless but I did it anyway. Fear had filled my mind and transformed me into the equivalent of a fleeting bird.

I'm glad that's gone now, hopefully I don't have another episode of the reoccurring dream.

I was easily suspectable to reoccurring dreams, there was this one I had of this place when I was really young. It was with faries, sometimes they welcomed me, occasionally we played. When I was eight I had a dream of swimming with mermaids, when I was ten, I hunted with Indians. Then there was flying, I was always flying.

Please no reoccurring dreaming, I just want to have a good nights sleep once in a while. I groaned and rubbed my face.  I had school today then Belle's silly disco. Then on Saturday I would have dance all day and then Sunday, church. Like always, I didn't believe in it myself, I just attended to please my father. Not only was his daughter classed as one of the highest in her grade, she was an extremely talented dancer and a religious, pure-hearted girl.

With an exaggerated amount of groaning, I pulled myself out of my bed, I dressed in the bland, blue uniform and did my hair in a partial preparation for tonight. Belle honked in the driveway and I slid my bag onto my back, running out to her, still trying to get the back of my shoe on properly. I chucked my bag in the back and uncoordinatedly slid into the passenger seat, sending a grin Belle's way.

She ran a hand through her blonde hair and then returned the grin. We both shared the blonde hair yet while her eyes were a sparkling green, mine were a soft brown. My eyes, that's where it all went wrong. They weren't a mind-blowing green or a glowing blue. There weren't even a weird colour like grey or caramel-coloured. No, they were just a soft, plain brown, no flecks, no colourings. Brown and browner brown.

I leaned back against the seat, "Bring forth Hell," I groaned.

School, surprisingly, took little time, perhaps it was because it knew I dreaded the thought of the Disco tonight even worse. Evans wasn't bad looking, he was one of those goofy jocks and it was hard to tell when he was sincere. I shook my head and rubbed the thoughts out of my head.

"Hold still!" Belle cried, "I've almost... Got it." I felt a stab of pain at the back of my head. As a dancer, I'd normally be accustomed to stabs of pain from Bobby pins, and my hair being tightly held. But this, it was almost like she was intentionally trying to hurt me. I whined like a sad puppy as she twisted my hair once more. "There." Belle breathed and I exaggerated a sigh of relief.

The two of us dressed and then applied makeup. I wore a simple, black skater dress and boots. I added black leggings and a simple black headband. Belle and I had wound little black ribbons into my hair. Apparently I was supposed to be Peter Pan's shadow. Whatever that was.

Belle had dressed up as Tinkerbelle because of the name relation. Her hair was done up in a bun and she wore a green tank top and a matching frilly, green skirt with matching shoes she'd modified. If Belle couldn't buy it, she'd make it. Belle's face was embellished with makeup glitter, my eyes were heavily lined with dark eyeliner.

We loaded into the car as the boys; Callum (Belle's honest boyfriend) and Evan would meet us there. We drove together and Belle played some music which we danced along to to avoid the awkward silence and my grudge for her dragging me along with her.

We met the guys at the door, Callum and Belle were all over each other. I noted that Callum was dressed up. I tentatively walked up to Evan, smiling nervously. "What are you?" He asked, a question covering his face.

"Peter Pan's shadow," I muttered. "Yourself?"

"Me," He grinned, offering an arm for me to take, I placed my hand on top of it gently, hoping not to weigh him down too much. That would be rather embarrassing.

We entered into the hall where it was set into a cheesy theme. There was a large centrepiece, chicken-wire tree. Fairy lights bunched upwards to it and the excess lights twirled and pulsed within the tree, making it seem like it was alive. A snack table was to one side and onstage, a dj, wearing a Peter Pan hat and skull headphones danced to the same beat like the others that were twirling around on the dance floor.

I don't want to be here. I thought to myself. I could be at home, reenacting Neverland with a box of popcorn and chocolates. But no, I had to go to the real thing, where there were other people my age and a place that I was expected to interact in. Besides, this is stupid, it's all stupid.

Callum and Evan stood back as Belle dragged me into the dance floor, twirling around to the beat. I refused to dance, slowly backing away. I soon lost her in the crowd and ran to the practically empty canteen.

"I love her Ev, you know that," I heard a male voice, "but what about you and Maria though?"

"She doesn't mean anything to me man, you know that, all she does is follow everyone around like a lost puppy. She's pathetic."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro