1.2: Empathic Connection

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

*BING BONG BING BONG*

Caleb groaned when he heard the bell ringing. He put his leg brace back on as he listened to the daytime announcement.

“Attention students, it is now 7 am, therefore it is daytime. All of the nighttime rules are now inactive until 10pm.”
Stumbling out of his room, Caleb saw an equally groggy Blanchette and Hakue stumble out of their rooms. Judging by their surroundings, they were the last ones awake.

“Welp, I guess that means we’re last to what I presume is breakfast.” Hakue said.

Blanchette nodded. “F*ck us in particular.”

Caleb chuckled. “Startin’ to like ya already, Red.”

“Your funeral, old man.” She sarcastically replied. “But since you’re with us, can we take the elevator with you to the Cafeteria?”

“Shore.” He replied, chuckling.

The three of them made their way to the elevator. Caleb called for the elevator, and when it arrived, they all got on. As they waited for it to reach the second floor, where the cafeteria was, Caleb looked over at Hakue and Blanchette.

“Out of pure curiosity, who’s files do you two have?” He asked. “I won't tell anyone.”

“I have that Samuel guy’s one.” Hakue replied.

“I took Bellatrix’s.” Blanchette spoke.

Caleb nodded, and went back to his notes to mark those down.

‘Me- Kazan

Kazan- Rin

Rin- Jackie

Hat Kid- Me

Rosie- Akshar

Akshar- Rosie

Lamb- ??? (Hat Kid’s?)

Gerald- Alisa

Alisa- ???

Akane- ???

Samuel- Hakue

Hakue- Samuel

Bellatrix- ???

Blanchette- Bellatrix

Franklin- ???

Jackie- Blanchette’

“Also, Hakue.” Caleb said to catch the attention of the robotic monkey. “I think Samuel has your file. Maybe you can trade files with him?”

“I dunno,” Hakue said. “Monokuma said we couldn't take our own file…”

“But I said nothing about trading your files, did I?”

The sudden appearance of the black and white bear caused all three to jump and flinch.

“What?” Monokuma said. “I let you guys ride with Caleb if he wanted you to. I'm all for rule bending, as long as it does not allow you to break another rule.”

“So I can trade Samuel’s file with Samuel to get my own file?” Hakue asked.

“Well, I never said you couldn't! Have fun!”

And just like that, the bear was gone, and the elevator door opened. It was only a short walk and a turn left before the group of three was in the Cafe. Kazan, upon noticing that Caleb was there, waved Caleb tio come sit with him. Caleb shook his head, motioning to Blanchette and Hakue.

The three of them then got the breakfast Rosie had made, Sunny side up eggs with toast and chocolate milk, and sat together.

“How did you two earn your talents?” Blanchette asked.

“I invented many things. A gun that shoots railroad spikes into the ground, a steam powered tunneling drill, and more.” Caleb said.

“But didn't Henry Bayshore invent those? He patented them.” Hakue said, innocently.
Caleb snarled at the Monkey robot, who realized that he most likely just shoved his foot in his mouth by saying that.

“Let's just say he stole my patents and leave it at that.” Caleb said, before sighing. “Sensitive topic, sorry.”

“Sorry, I didn't notice.” Hakue apologized. “And you, Red?”

Blanchette nodded. “Let's just leave it at the fact that the Big Bad Wolf drove me to this.”

Hakue nodded, finishing his breakfast. “Well, if either of you need me, I’ll be with Samuel.”

Hakue got up and left, leaving Blanchette with Caleb.

“So, anything you wanna talk about, Red?” Caleb asked.

“Yeah. Wanna trade files with me?” She asked.

“Kazan would hate me guts if I gave ya his file, so no.” Caleb replied.

“Oh, okay. I don't wanna be the reason you die, so let's just leave it at that. Speaking of Kazan, can you introduce me to him?”

“Sure, let's head over to him.”

The two took their food and made their way to sit next to Kazan.

“Oh hey Caleb!” Kazan said, chuckling. “Made a new friend?”

“Yeah, and she wants to be yer friend, too. This is Blanchette. You can call her Red, though.”

Blanchette and Kazan exchanged greetings, before they heard yelling.

“HOLY SH*T, THERE’S A BAR!” Samuel’s french accent filled the room as he exclaimed about finding the bar in the room next door.

Their Monopad’s all collectively buzzed, and when Caleb looked, he saw why. There was a new rule.

Rule 8: Students under the age of 21 will not be allowed to drink alcohol. Hakue is the only exception to this rule, as I am counting his programmed age, not his chronological age.

Caleb then motioned Kazan and Blanchette to follow him. “Round on me?”

“If there’s Sake, yeah!” Kazan agreed.

“Why would I ever say no!?” Blanchette asked.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everyone of the required age limit had a few drinks, with the exception of a few, with Jackie making them, and generally was enjoying this moment of peace and bonding over a drink or two. But something was wrong.

Caleb noticed that Samuel, the supposed heaviest heavyweight, was acting...weird. Only 3 drinks in and was acting very aggressive. Akshar was the one to drag Samuel back to his room. But now it was getting late, and Caleb decided it would be a good idea to head back to his own room before he became belligerent in his drunkenness. 

Caleb was the only one on the elevator, since he was the first one to get on at 6 pm. Thus, he had time alone with thoughts. He would be ostracized if it was found he was the Deathslinger. He would be. He had to keep a tight lid on this secret. He just hoped and prayed that Hat Kid was able to defend it. But he had high hopes for the kid.

He saw someone pass him in the hall as he made his way back to his dorm. They were carrying what looked like a cup. Maybe they came down here for water? The Sink in the cafeteria was broken, and Monokuma said he would have it fixed by tomorrow. But Caleb didn't pay any mind to who the person was, as they clearly didn't want to talk to him.

Stumbling into his room and locking the door behind him, Caleb made his way over to the bed and took his leg brace off. Soon, sleep claimed him.

But soon, he would get a nasty awakening.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro