➤8

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

edited and expanded a bit :)

Red. Everything was red. Blood was everywhere. Everything they laid their eyes upon was covered in it.
The floors and carpets were covered in the gooey substance.
The stench was unbearable, you could barely breathe from it.
Aside from Jungkook's incoherent cries and yelps, the only other sound was the buzz of dozens of flies flying around the room and the bodies sprawled on the floor.

Taehyung's stomach lurched. The bodies.

Two were next to each other lying in pools of presumably their own blood. They were face down, which Taehyung was thankful for, but he still knew that they were Jungkook's parents.

Jungkook was cradling another body, a boy a bit older than them, and Taehyung was sure that that was Jungkook's brother despite his bloated look and almost green skin. There was blood all over his shirt and it looked like all of it came from a wound on his neck where a part of his skin was missing and the flies kept landing, covering the dark red flesh.

Taehyung was practically forced to take it all in, he couldn't force himself to look away no matter how much he wanted to. He had to breathe in the smell of decay, his stomach turning themoment his did so and he knew he was going to puke. He did just that as Jungkook let out another strangled sob and continued screaming and crying.

"They're dead!"

Taehyung whipped his mouth after there was nothing more to throw up. He was disgusted, but Jungkook was still devastated and inconsolable on the stained floor. It already seemed like they were there forever, every part of the scene forever imprinted into their brains.

Taehyung couldn't stand to stay another second in that space.
Eventually, he managed to drag Jungkook outside.

"Taehyung, they're all dead!"Jungkook cried out when Taehyung grabbed him, but the older stayed silent as he dragged the younger away from the corpse of his brother and outside the house.

"Taehyung they were killed!" Jungkook screamed and they halted.
Taehyung was feeling much calmer now. He knew he needed to keep Jungkook and himself safe. The younger obviously wasn't about to be okay with seeing his family dead and presumably murdered so Taehyung needed to be strong for both of them. He mastered that skill a long time ago. Ever since Jungkook became his friend, Taehyung felt the need to protect him, as he was two years older.

He grabbed the younger by the shoulders, "Jungkook, look around!" He listened to him. They were in the park, the same one in which Taehyung found Jungkook after his parents threw him out. It was completely empty, with not a soul in sight. Which was weird because the park was always filled with children, especially during the day. Now alert, Jungkook frantically looked around.

There was no one besides them. Absolutely no one. Anywhere.

"Wait... It's so empty here... Taehyung what is happening? Do you- Do you think that what," he gulped, "whatever happened to my parents..." He wasn't able to finish, choking on his words.

"Somethin is happening, yeah," Taehyung confirmed. "And it's not good."

He bit his lip, "I'm not sure what we should do. We got no idea what is happening here and no way of knowing. It's like an apocalypse."

Jungkook was still looking around but he nodded in agreement at Taehyung's words.

"It really is like an apocalypse here. There's blood here and there a-and everywhere. What the hell even happened? A murderer on the loose?"

"It feels like half of the city was killed. Or maybe everyone evacuated. I doubt they would if it was just one person though."

"So what happened? A terrorist attack?"

"It's weird how there are no dead bodies outside. But a lot of doors on the houses we passed by were opened," Taehyung kept calm and collected while he laid out facts.

"So not a terrorist attack?"

"I feel like there would be more fire or something then."

"Don't tell me..." Junkook paled even more if possible. "A-a zombie outbreak?!"

Taehyung gave him a look but he couldn't really deny the possibility. The situation was already crazy enough and he couldn't let things surprise him too much. Especially if he wanted to stay alive.

"It's possible," he mumbled, mostly to himself, and shrugged. "Actually," he remembered how Jungkook's brother's corpse looked, "did you notice how the only injury your brother had was on his neck. Like something bit off his flesh or something. And it was fatal. They all died from a loss of blood, I'm positive about that."

"So, vampires? We're dealing with vampires here?"

"Or like an invasion of rabid animals."

"Or blood-thirsty aliens."

"I mean we have no way of telling. Whatever it is... Whatever happened here... It's not good. We should stay wary. Of everything," he said in a strict node, expecting to see the younger nodding.

But Jungkook was focusing on something behind him.

"Somethin moved there," Jungkook pointed out. "Huh?!"

"I think someone is running. Quick!" Jungkook ran off in the direction of whatever he saw.

Taehyung couldn't believe he had gone and done such a stupid thing after telling him they should be careful aND STAY TOGETHER.

But, with no other choice, he started running after him too. He was starting to become nervous again, after all, Jungkook could be running straight into danger for all they knew, and he couldn't stop him. He tried to shout for him to stop but he was already out of breath and Jungkook was much further before him. The fear boosted his adrenaline but he was still slower compared to Jungkook and thus wasn't able to catch up with him.

"Aish, damn it!" He gritted his teeth, trying to muster even more energy to lessen the distance between them.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro