3-- THE PINK UNICORN AND THE DARK HORSE

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

" In the face of  hopeless love...a distraction is just an attraction in disguise..."

(Four years later) (At a university)
The chitter chattering and laughing of a huge lecture hall slowly died down as the sound of the professor's heels came click clacking through the entrance.

"Good morning, everyone! I hope the short break didn't wipe out your brains completely. Nice to see that you actually still remember this place!",the professor joked to get the new semester started.

A roar of laughter got carried through the audience of students.

"Well first things first. We have some new students joining us this semester. The two of you can come in and introduce yourselves.", she gestured for the two people outside to come in. They walked in. An extremely handsome guy and an exceptionally beautiful girl.It was complete silence met by a few gasps in the crowd.

"Hello! I'm Jung Leo." Completely emotionless. He introduced himself in a cold and low tone. Right after he said his name there was a wave of whispers going around.

"That's the LTC group heir!"
"They say he's adopted"
"Oh My God. I've never seen anyone so perfect"
"He's got the looks and the cash books!"
"Couldn't he afford a private tutor?"

The professor slapped her hand against the desk. And there was silence once again. She looked at the girl standing next to Leo and nodded.

"Hi everyone! I'm Gwon Tae Ha! I look forward to getting to know all you guys!",the girl introduced herself with a slightly high pitched and happy ring in her voice. Complete contradiction.

"So now that everyone's introduced. Let's settle down. You two can take a seat over there. Just let me know if you have any questions.", the professor pointed towards to table-chairs that we're next to each other.

Leo and Tae Ha walked over to the free chairs and took their seats. Leo settled down almost immediately. But Tae Ha was spinning around 180', busy making friends, introducing herself and getting to know everyone around. Quite evidently, she was gonna be a class favourite. One of the "popular people". After a while, she turned to Leo. She looked at him for a few seconds, looked away for a split second and looked back at him.

"I'm Tae Ha. Since we're both new here. I think we should stick together. You know, like best buddies or whatever. So that we can get used to this place faster. Plus, we have a lot to catch up!", she waited for response, staring eagerly to get a glimpse of his eyes.

Tae Ha-being the same age as Leo-seemed much younger,brighter,
lighter,happier at heart. While Leo looked like he had cold bricks in his brain and heart. Tae Ha was a little shorter than Leo. But she had a pretty good height. She was slim but not skinny. Long legs and thin waistline. She had waist-length,long wavy layered deep brown hair which was a marriage made in genetic heaven with her grey eyes and fair-flawless complexion. Her fashion sense was as cool, chill and laid back as her personality. Black skinny with a choice of a check-shirt over the top paired with black or blue jeans and always, converse shoes to perfectly match with whatever colour scheme her check shirt took on for the day.

Leo, on the other complete opposite side of the world looked totally different than he did four years ago. He was all grown up now. Tall and handsome, and any girl's description of a completely perfect 100 out of 100 hottie. His hair was jet black and side swept to reveal one of his mesmerising eyes and partly cover the other. His skin was pale and freckles, which weirdly enough, made him look even better.He didn't have the slightest emotion written on his face. And like his chic and dark personality, his fashion sense was ordinary and meant to not catch any attention at all. But it did. Anyone with his body could make a potato sack look sexy. He wore a white tee with black leather jacket,black cargo pants.

Both of them were like a pink unicorn and dark horse together. Tae Ha kept glancing over at Leo to start a conversation or maybe some small-talk. But all he looked at where the blackboard, the professor and his notebook.

Finally, the class finished and the bell rang for their lunch break. Leo was the first to instantly get up-as if he knew when the bell would ring-and storm out the doors. The other students just stared at him, and quite a few of the girls were fanning themselves-not being able to contain all of his "hotness", as they described it. Clearly Leo was the odd-kid-out kinda person already. Tae Ha followed him with her eyes when he walked out and hurried to follow him.

Leo made his way towards a free table in the large cafeteria. He felt a tug at his arm.

"Hey,what's the rush? Wanna sit together?", Tae Ha suggested, having already assumed the answer herself and trying to drag him with her.

Leo felt a beat in his chest. He stared at her with his eyes wide open for a couple of milliseconds. He shook his head,coughed it off and took her hand away from his arm. And in a low voice he responds, "Whatever."

Lunch is not that long of a break. But short story even shorter, Tae Ha was talking the whole time.

"So where are you from?"  No response.
"I'm from Australia. I lived their for like 15 years.", she answered her own question.

"I hear you're an heir to some huge company. Must be cool to have a sure future like that. Is it fun?" No response.

"You don't talk much, do you?"

"No."

"Well at least you answered that.", she said with a sense of satisfaction in her voice.

"I gotta go now,Leo. See you in class!", she turned away and walked towards the exit.

While walking it she turned back to look at Leo and flashed the brightest smile at him followed by a tiny wink.

Leo found himself staring at the image of her walking away. His eyes became bright, as if her smile reflected on them.

He pulled his gaze away and stared at his empty cafeteria tray, lost in thought.
"What am I doing? I'm here to finish my studies. Take over the company and take avenge my family. She's gonna be a distraction, who I won't be able to let go of if I hold on to. I can't afford to get distracted."

He looked once more at her leaving the cafeteria. He subconsciously half-smiled..."Some people actually have the luxury to smile...."

Heyo! So I hope I kept my promise and that this chapter was a bit better  and exciting than the previous ones. Thanks for reading!!!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro