#48 Shock

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"So what exactly happened?" I ask.

The two girls glance at each other, and by the looks of it they were having an eye war, debating who should explain the situation to me. I sneeze suddenly, and the two girls jump.

"Uh...sorry."

There's another moment of silence, and when I turn around I jump when I see a gigantic apple in front of us. Odd how I never saw it when I woke up. I sit down, patiently waiting for the two to speak.

"Well, we were watching the news when you passed out." May sighs, scratching her head.

"And then what?"

"S-some guy came in and started shooting." Harper managed to whisper.

May comes over to her, attempting to give her a hug, however Harper turns away. A squeaky but muffled sob comes out of her mouth. For a second I stare in shock.

"W-what happened to the others?" I mumbled, not wanted to hear the answer.

"That's the thing...we don't know." May finished.

The world seems to darken and that very word, we don't know. I try to look around, slightly wanting it to be a joke and slightly wanting to hear something to make it all better. When I realize it won't happen I look down at Harper, still shocked. Never have I ever seen Harper like this, and that's saying a lot. I've seen her in the days when she was the most angry, happy and insane. However, I've never seen her this terrified and miserable. She looked absolutely wrecked.

"Are you okay?" I mutter.

I knew it was a very stupid question because of course not. How could someone be okay when they just witnessed practically all of their best friends being murdered in front of them.

"No."

Yep. Should I have known. I sigh, attempting to think of encouraging words that might help her. After some weak, but genuine smiles from May, I manage to think of something.

"Harper, I just wanted to say no matter what happens, we're going together."

~Authors Note~

Yes I know I didn't technically update last week (in case you didn't notice I just updating the last chapter again xD) I was still on the vacation thing. Any who, this the longest chapter here so enjoy <3

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro