22 - the one where her mother is upset

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Aayush: There?

Taara read his message once she had changed for the night and settled on her bed. "You mustn't laugh like that, when I give you a hint that I am in a fix." She typed.

Aayush: You mustn't lie to your parents. Girl up and tell your mom you have a good looking boyfriend. ;)

Taara smiled stupidly. "God. Please. Stop with praising yourself. You got home?"

Aayush: I am gratified by your concern. Yes I reached. 

Taara yawned smiling at her screen. How had she got so lucky? "I had a great time today. Thank you!" She typed. 

Aayush smiled reading the text message he received, while laying back on his chair in his study. In a minute, she was fire and in the next she was water. She was dynamic, unpredictable and weirdly enchanting. He closed his eyes remembering that goodbye kiss. Opening his eyes he glanced down at his screen and typed, "I should be the one saying that. I really enjoyed the outing. We must do it often. And....I prefer the original you to this cheesy AP." He chuckled swaying his chair. 

Taara giggled laying back. "Good night!"

Aayush: Night! 

By the way, you look prettier when you blush.

Taara blushed. Like her mind's continuous thinking about the moment wasn't enough. "Sleep, Mister."

Aayush:  Have you ever been thrown out of class at school?

Taara : Not that I remember. Why?

Aayush: Cause you're a tremendous distraction.

Taara : Seriously Mr.Rathore? 

Aayush: That was an original!

Taara: You need sleep, I suppose.

Aayush: Maybe you do. See you tomorrow then?

Taara: Tomorrow. 

Taara ran down the stairs. She was late. As she hurriedly entered the kitchen she greeted her mom. Suprisingly, her mother did not respond. Assuming her mother was lost in her thoughts she hugged her from behind. "Good morning."

"The breakfast is on the table. Help yourself." Taara frowned staring at the older woman. Now, what was bothering her mother?

"What happened?" She asked while filling her water bottle.

"Nothing." He mother shrugged giving her a cold gaze and walked out. Taara followed her mother out. "Maa, what's wrong?"

"Why?" She looked at her sternly, "nothing." 

Taara folded her arms staring at her mother. "Say it. What is it?"

"How does it matter? Eat." Came her mother's sharp reply.

Taara sat on the chair beside the one in which her mom sat. She was already running late and her mother looked upset about something. A great start to a day!  "Mom? Please it matters."

"If it did, you would have told me about Aayush."

Taara's eyes widened in shock. How did her mother know? "Mom, how do you know?"

Her mother looked away.

"Mom?" Taara repeated wanting her attention. " You checked my mobile?" Her mother glanced at her. "Seriously!?" Taara sighed.

"You could tell me about him. I thought we were open about things." Her mother stared at her coldly.

Taara was angry. What was she, a teenager? "You could have waited to let me tell you about him. I can't believe you checked my phone."

"I am your mother, Taara, "

"But you're supposed to respect my privacy when I need it." Taara argued.

"You're supposed to not lie to me." Her mother snapped as angry as her.

Taara's lips drew into a straight line. "I was going to tell you about him."

"Of course, you were. Probably when half the world knew about it." Her mother exclaimed getting up from the chair and grabbing her bag. 

Taara stared at her. She was both guilty and irritated. "Where are you going now?" Taraa asked loudly as she saw her mother march to the door. Her mother ignored her question and walked out asking her to lock the door on her away out. Taara sighed staring at the wall clock. This was so not a good day.

Aayush had become increasingly sensitive to the beep of his phone. He pulled out his phone on hearing the beep. The fact that he was entering a boardroom didn't deter him from replying back.

Taara: Can't make it today evening. 

Aayush : All okay?

Aayush looked at the chat window, during lunch break. There had been no reply from her after his message. He wondered what went wrong. Should he call her? But the possibility that she perhaps was busy and he would be disturbing her made him drop the idea.

Later that evening, Taara parked her scooter in the parking lot of her dad's office. Her parents might have separated. But when it came to her mother, there was no one better than Mr.Mittal, her father, to guide her. She prepared herself to talk to him about her boyfriend- Aayush. It was easier to talk to her father about such matters than her mother. She just hoped he had a way out of this mess. Like he always did. 

She was so engrossed in her thoughts that she didn't pay heed before turning around the pillar of the parking lot. Consequently, she bumped into someone. "I am so sorry." She muttered holding onto the person's arms. She raised her gaze to meet those familiar greyish eyes. Was she day dreaming now?

"Aayush?"

"Hey!" The smile that adorned his features made Taara's heart perform a somersault.

"What are you doing here?" They both asked in unison and grinned.

"Is everything okay?" He asked. Taara couldn't help but go mushy over the fact that his hands had a strong grip on her shoulders, still.

"Yeah. I mean no. I mean it's..."

"Taara, come tot he point. What happened?"

"Mom came to know about me lying. And...she is upset." She spoke in a single breath.

"Told you, to not lie."

"Shut up. It's not.." she began replying, her tone louder than usual.  She felt his finger press against her lips as he pulled her aside. Her eyes widened and words faded.

"Stop shouting, Taara. We are at someone's office." He said looking around.

Taara blinke,  remembering she was at her dad's office. And he absolutely hated it if people weren't on time. But another part of her couldn't get over the closeness. He was gazing at her, his face so close to hers. His finger pressed again her lip. His other hand holding her arm. As though realizing what he had been doing Aayush pulled back his finger and then his hand that was on her arm.

"Umm," there again he rendered her short of words. "I will talk to you later. Bye." Saying that Taara quickly sprinted past him into the office. While he looked at her perplexed.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro