25 - the one where he meets her mother

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Aayush had never before felt so nervous. He gave a last minute prep talk to himself as he stood in front of the wooden door of Miss Jaisingh's pretty house. Taara had apparently spoken to her mother and convinced her to meet Aayush over dinner. Taking a deep breath he rang the bell. Who knew being a boyfriend could be so stressful? He stared at the flowers in his hand. Taara told him that her mother loved orchids. Funny how he had never bought Taara flowers yet and here he was with a bouquet in hand for for her mother.

"Hi, Aayush!" Taara greeted him cheerfully. He smiled adoring her beautiful smile. "Come on in." She spoke, Aayush walked past her sending up a final prayer. 

He removed his shoes by the shoe rack. While Taara called out to her mom. He smiled when he saw a lady emerge out from the kitchen wiping her hands. He could now say that Taara got her beautiful eyes from her mother. She must be in her late forties or early fifties but she looked much younger. "Hello", he quickly wondered what would be better, Aunty or Ma'am? Perhaps Ma'am. "Ma'am."

She gave him a pointed look and then an analytic glance over. "Aayush." She said in a curt crisp tone, giving Taara a look. 

Aayush quickly extended the bouquet of flowers. "These are for you" he smiled and then he forwarded the cloth bag containing kulfis. "and these..!" He added.

She nodded giving him a tight lipped smile. Dang, this was just the beginning. 

"Maa, let's put out the snacks. I am sure he must be hungry after a working day." Taara smiled looking at her mother.

"Sure." Her mother muttered walking into the kitchen.

"What was in that bag?" Taara whispered walking closer to him.

"Kulfis."

"Wow." She whispered grinning.

"Just improvised on the plan. She doesn't seem in a great mood." He remarked looking around.

"Don't worry, give her some time the frost will melt and you'll see she's a kindhearted loving woman." Taara smiled giving his hand a squeeze. 

"I hope so." He let out a deep breath, turning to her.

"Taara . ." Her mother walked out and arched her eyebrows up, looking at them standing closer. Taara quickly pulled away her hand and Aayush grimaced internally. This just couldn't get better.

"I need you in the kitchen." She ordered turning around to go back into the kitchen. Taara nodded, rooted at the spot. Her mother was prone to overthinking. Taara was sure she already had conjectured images in her head about the two of them that would be far from their reality. 

"Now." She heard her mother. Aayush gave her a nudge and she immediately marched to the kitchen. Aayush sighed looking around. This was going to be a night he wouldn't forget for sure. 

"So, you're the Siya, Taara had gone out with and the Priya she texts and talks to over phone." Her mother spoke up placing a tissue by her plate. Taara looked at her mother and then at Aayush who sat right across the table's breadth from her mother.

He glanced at her. She gave him an apologetic smile. He took a deep breath. "I understand Taara lied to you about, our dinner meeting..the other day." He started, Taara's smile faded. He spoke like a parent admitting his ward's fault at a parent teacher meet. Aayush noticed her mother give Taara a look of disapproval. "But, actually the fault's mine. I should have told her about myself. And should have definitely made sure she wasn't lying to meet me. I--"

"Stop owning her faults. She'll make you do it always." Her mother spoke taking a sip of her soup. Aayush fell short of words.

"That's rude Maa." Taara commented.

"Anyways, Aayush, tell me about your family." Her mother spoke, ignoring her while  observing him. Aayush shifted uncomfortably in his seat. Taara gazed at him. She herself hadn't tried asking about his family. She was waiting for him to open up about it himself. 

"They stay in our native home, back in Chandigarh." Taara looked at him surprised, he didn't stay with his family? There was so much about him she did not know. "Yeah."

"Do you have siblings?" 

Taara noticed how he gulped and his face fell momentarily before he put up a smile. His eyes no longer shone. "Yes, two younger sisters." He answered stirring his soup with his gaze dropped down. 

"Maa, please could you pass the plate of potato fries." Taara tried drifting her mom's attention. She felt bad for Aayush.

"You're on diet." She heard his soft voice. 

She made a face looking at him. "Thanks for reminding!" She muttered pushing away the bowl. 

Her mother concealed her smile and said, "I will heat the dinner."

"And I will show Aayush around." Taara stated getting off the chair. He smiled. But Taara knew his real smiles too well to tell that was a fake one. Aayush noticed that her mother whispered something in her ears and walked away. Taara rolled her eyes signing him to follow.

"This is my room." Taara announced as she led him to her room.

He smiled walking around. "It's a cute room." He spoke looking at the painted walls. One had a painted garden, the ceiling had a night sky with planets and galaxies. 

"Maa, allowed me to get those walls painted when I was in ninth grade only because I secured the second rank. If I had got the first she would have let me paint them myself." She said dreamily.

"Thank God then, that you did not secure the first rank." He chuckled. Taara smiled seeing him back to his normal self.

"I am sorry if mom made you uncomfortable with her questions." She spoke walking towards the door. "Not at all." He spoke walking past her. 

"Terrace." She said excitedly holding his hand when he was about to turn to go downstairs.

"Taara, dinner is on the table." They heard her mother call in the next moment.

"Next time." He smiled and added, "The last thing I want is your mother to think we're up to something here." He shrugged winking at her. Taara have him a light punch on his upper arm as a response. 

Aayush could say that by the end of the desert her mother had warmed up to him. But she certainly still maintained a cold demeanor. Taara had whispered saying it was all pretense. He doubted it though. Here, he was standing outside near his car— technically his PA's—with her. 

"Trust me, a few more meetings and she'll warm up to you." Taara smiled holding his hand and giving it a light squeeze.

He pulled his hand away quickly and stepped back. Taara looked at him perplexEd. "The last thing I want is to find out your mother is staring at us from the window." He explained. Taara quickly moved backwards and peeped inside the metallic gates. "No, she's not. She's perhaps busy arranging those flowers in her favorite vase or eating an extra kulfi when she's off my radar." Taara grinned stepping close.

"Well then.." he also took a step closer. 

Taara blushed smiling. "Then?"

"We can say a goodbye."

"Right." Taara uttered holding his gaze. 

"Good night!" He mumbled staring at her face that glowed under the light of the lamp beside the gate.

"Umm, you are going to get home and text me that anyway." She grinned.

"Right, then.." he mused and then gave her a long gaze, his eyes appearing a sparkling gray and his lips settled into the most beautiful smile.

She smiled, very sure that her cheeks were pink. But thankfullythe street was mostly dark and the goldenish light of the street lamp would camouflage the pink hue on her face. "Thank you for calling me over." He spoke and as he did so she noticed his gaze drop to her lips. Darn, she could feel the heat on her cheeks intensify.

"Okay then" she stepped away. Kiss on the cheek was okay, but the way he looked at her made her freak out. Before she knew he leaned closer, his hand gently reaching out to hold hers and his lips pressed against her right cheek, gently, affectionately.

"Do I get one back?" He whispered in her ears. Taara bit her lower lip smiling and then gave him his answer by shifting her face towards him and placing a kiss on his left cheek. 

"Drive safe!" She whispered before turning around and quickly walking back in. Her hand slipping out of his hold like sand escapes a fist, easily and swiftly. He grinned running his hand through his hair. 

She was that, what was missing in his life. He smiled, maybe life wasn't just as bad. Strange, how someone's mere presence can make your life feel infinitely better!

With this chapter, I'd like to thank you all for making my life seem better.  You all have no clue how your votes and comments make my day lately! Thank you!💕

-Anami!♡

Don't forget to hit the 'vote' button!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro