49.Buttercup

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Please VOTE  and Follow me dear readers.Is it too much to ask.🥺🥺🥺

Davina's POV

"Don't you think you owe me an excuse?" Alan smirked at me.

"In your distant dreams, Mr. Willis," I gave him a mean smile.

"And to what do I owe you this unexpected visit?" I asked him. It has been three weeks since Siyara's custody case, and Alan requested a meeting with me at my office.

"Please save me from David's wrath. Only you can help me now. He has been avoiding me since Siyara's custody case. And if I give him these documents now, he will kill me, "he whined, showing me the papers in his hands.

"And what makes you think I will help you? "I smirked.

"Because you are the kindest, composed, and the most charming woman I have ever seen in my life," he smiled.

"Is that so? But that was not your opinion about me. I am a gold digger in your eyes, right, Mr.Willis?"

"Come on, Siya...Move on from the past now. I'm sorry. I have been an ass in the past, "he cried.

"You have a point there," I chuckled.

"About what?" He furrowed his brows.

"About being an ass," I laughed. "Okay, I forgive you but for that..."I paused.

"Anything for your forgiveness Siya," he looked expectantly at me.

'Anything? "I asked.

"Yes, anything," he said confidently.

"You will have to make a contract ...which says I will forgive you, but you will not forgive yourself, "I controlled my laughter and teased him.

"Aargh, Please, Siya. Stop teasing me. Can't you just forget about that stupid contract and help me out with this situation. Don't you think you should help me out here after you almost ruined my engagement with Ariana?" He said smugly.

"Speaking of which ....how's Ariana. Is she still marrying you? "I teased again.

"She is good, and yes, she is marrying me. How can she resist marrying such a hot handsome, and eligible solicitor who is... "

"A fool," I completed for him.

"Excuse me. I'm not a fool," Alan defended.

"Keep saying that. But I owe Ariana an apology for ruining her special day," I said, thinking of my drunken episode on their engagement day.

"It was my special day too...he complained.

"That's my only regret," I mocked him. "Okay, as compensation, I will help you with the documents. So what exactly will I have to do?"

"Hmmm...You will have to divorce David, "he stated grimly.

"What the hell? No way I'm divorcing David. How dare you ask me to divorce him? "I screeched.

"Hear me out first, Siya. This is the only way I can terminate that contract. These documents contain your mutual divorce papers with David. Once you both sign these, the court will grant you a divorce", He continued pointing to another set of documents. "And these documents are your remarriage papers with David, which you both will sign, and I will submit the next day. Don't worry; these procedures are done confidentially, and not a soul other than the three of us and the registrar will know about it. And this time, your marriage with David will be without any contract. And I will be the happiest man in the world," he explained.

"And you think David will agree to this? "I asked him curiously.

"Never. David will rip me apart if I even try to mention divorce. That's why I'm asking you to help me out," he said smugly.

"And you think I won't rip you apart? "I retorted.

"Please, Siya. I know you are an Angel. I will give your firm free legal advice as long as I live," he said with his puppy eyes.

"No...My company is fine without your legal help. Don't even think of destroying my company. Stay far away from it, "I shrieked.

"Okay... Okay...You will know my value one day," he said dramatically.

"Alright...Now stop being dramatic. I will talk to David soon."

"Really?Thank You. I love you so much Siya," he jumped out of his chair and hugged me.

"You are melodramatic like my brother, "I laughed, seeing his antics.

"Convey my regards to Ian," he grinned and sat back on his chair.

"He is in Spain right now. You can convey your regards to him yourself. But if you want, I can give your regards to my elder brother, who is in LA right now," I snickered.

"Damien is in LA.No, thanks. I'm good staying invisible to Damien," he gulped, standing up to leave.

"Scaredy cat, "I mocked him.

"Ya, whatever. How's David? Is he still avoiding Siyara? "Alan asked.

"No, he is good. He is slowly coming around. Last week he took the kids and me to Disneyland, Tokyo. He set aside his differences and personally requested Drew to let Siyara accompany us. He was beyond happy when Drew gave his consent. We all had a good time there," I told him, reminiscing the events of the previous week.

"That's good. So how are the kids? Are they okay? "He asked.

"They are okay with the idea of getting pampered by both David and Drew. And today, Drew and Amy has taken the kids to Disneyland, Florida. So, in short, my kids are on a Disney world tour. David has come to terms with Siyara staying with Drew and Amy. He is now visiting her often, "I emphasized, thinking of David's change of behavior towards Drew and Amy.

"Hmmm...finally, everything is falling into pieces. So this is a good time to convince David," he sighed in deep thought.

"I think so. Maybe tonight I will convince David to sign these documents as he plans to take me on a dinner date," I assured Alan.

"Perfect.All the best. Seduce your husband so much that he agrees without question," he told me with a thumbs up.

"Get out, Alan.You are asking me to seduce my husband for a divorce" I yelled.

"I'm out...but don't forget," he said before rushing out of my office.

I laughed at his antics and continued with my work. I almost finished my work when I heard my phone ringing. The number on display made me smile, and I picked up the call happily.

"Davy...I'm almost done here. I will be back home in half an hour,

What?...How?...You can't be serious. Where is she?" I broke down hearing the news David shared.

"David..I will be right there. Just hold on", I told him and picked up my wallet and cellphone. My hands were shivering, and I was on the verge of a panic attack. I couldn't believe that when everything was finally falling into place, another disaster struck our life. Tears rolled down my eyes, thinking of my baby. I couldn't process whatever David was saying. All I could hear was his whimpering. I wanted to be there with him as soon as possible. I rushed out of my office, somehow controlling my emotions. But I was stopped by my secretary at the exit.

"Vina..." she called urgently.

"Serah..whatever it is ...hold it for later. And also, please cancel all the meetings for today. I'm in a hurry right now, "I said, brushing her off.

"Vina..It's urgent. There's a call for you on the office phone. The caller said he wants to speak to you ASAP," she said fervently.

"Serah...Just ask that person to call me later or even set up an appointment with me at the earliest. Right now, my family needs me," I said, walking out, but Serah followed me outside.

"Vina...I tried convincing the caller that you were busy, but he said that he wants to speak to you regarding ..." she paused.

"Regarding what?" I urged, not wanting to waste any more time.

"Your daughter...he said he wants to speak to you regarding your daughter," Serah said, looking confused.

My legs froze, and I automatically walked back into my cabin and asked Serah to connect the call. I held my forehead as I waited for the call to be connected on my office phone.

The phone rang, indicating that Serah had connected the call, and my heart trembled uneasily as I picked up the call.

"Who are you? And what do you want?" I spoke nervously to the caller, whoever he or she was.

"Buttercup...Missed me?" The caller answered, making the receiver fall from my hands.

How was the chapter?

What do you think happened?

So Yippeee...Villain is here...I'm so happy.I hope you are also excited.😎😎😎😈😈😈😌😌😌

Please VOTE,Follow and share this story.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro