10. Beginning🍁

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

(Few months later)

Issac's POV

I gently opened my eyes and stared at my ceiling longingly. It was still dark but my ceiling was glowing. The ceiling was decorated with Galaxy of Day-Glo stickers. I stuck them when I was six years old. I couldn't remove them, because then I had to bring down the whole ceiling with them.

I picked up my phone leisurely to check the time. It was five-thirty. I glanced at my alarm clock. Last night I set up an alarm at six a.m. But I was feeling so restless that I got up before the alarm. I couldn't help.

I was going to be a college student from that day on.

I groaned and rolled out of my warm and cosy bed. I stepped in the shower and let the warm water work on my tense muscles.

I stepped out from the shower and swiped my eyes on my room longingly. Everything I would be needed in my new dorm-room, was packed nicely and neatly. We already moved a few things there beforehand.

When I finally came downstairs, it was already six-thirty. Everyone was on the dining table, eating their breakfast.

"Isaac," my mom called me. "Come, have some sandwich."

I opened the fridge and took out the mixed juice bottle and took a big sip. "Nah, I am good."

"Are you sure, you don't need us to drive you there?" Dad asked, concerned.

"Dad, I'll be fine." I answered as I took another long sip from the bottle. "Ian will pick me up."

We all, I, Ian, Jake, George got accepted in New York University. We didn't expect that much. It was like a miracle.

Emily also got accepted there.

A pleasant smile slowly formed when I remember that we were going to attend the same college.

I still couldn't believe she came to meet me the other day. She just figured out it was me with just a few hints from Martin. I was glad she didn't think of me as a stalker or something else.

She spent so many hours with me the other day. We talked about so many things. That was the first time we talked face to face. I could see all her expressions while talking. It was like a dream came true. She was the one who suggested that I should apply to New York University.

When I told my parents about my thoughts about New York, they were shocked, but happy. I also made my friends apply there. Although they were whining about it.

"Cough, cough." I was brought back to reality when dad cleared his throat. I looked at them. Dad put down a little fat, beige coloured envelope on the table. "We were thinking of giving you this as your college acceptance gift." I curiously looked back and forth between the envelope and my parents. "Open it."

I cautiously picked up the envelope and looked into it. I gaped on air. There was a large stash of cash inside that bulged envelope.

"It's not much." My mom said quietly. I looked at her. "We hope it will help you a little."

I counted the amount. There were a total of three grands in that envelope.

"Mom, dad, you don't have to..." I lost in words.

"Fine, give it to me then." Abby promptly acted to take it from me.

"Shut up!" I quickly hid the envelope inside the inner pocket of my grey jacket. We all laughed merrily.

"Thank you." I smiled at mom and dad gratefully. Dad smiled at me happily. Mom just winked at me.

Ian came half an hour later. Jake and George were in the same car. I loaded my remaining things in his white truck. I already shipped my motorbike to the dorm. It was not safe to drive a motorbike there. It was a long way there.

"Don't forget to call and text," Dad yelled with a happy tone.

"Try to visit on weekends," mom added with an extra cherry tone.

"Don't cause any trouble there," Of course my dear sister wouldn't forget to show her smugness. I stuck my tongue out at her.

My phone suddenly chimed. I took out to see I got a message from Emily.

"How far have you got?" I smiled gratified.

"Ready to go?" Ian asked.

"Yes." I took a deep breath and put back my phone in my pocket. "Let's go."

Author's Note:

Vote.

Comment.

Share.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro