19. Knight or queen

Mร u nแปn
Font chแปฏ
Font size
Chiแปu cao dรฒng

Felt kind of happy, so here's an early release.

๐‘ธ๐‘ถ๐‘ป๐‘ช:

๐‘ถ๐’๐’† ๐’„๐’‚๐’ ๐’๐’๐’๐’š ๐’‘๐’“๐’๐’•๐’†๐’„๐’• ๐’˜๐’‰๐’‚๐’• ๐’‰๐’‚๐’”๐’'๐’• ๐’‚๐’๐’“๐’†๐’‚๐’…๐’š ๐’“๐’๐’•๐’•๐’†๐’ ๐’‚๐’˜๐’‚๐’š.

Like dried leaves crumble under the force of the strong autumn gusts, Asami's life collapsed under the weight of Kite's words.

Savagery was an understatement, the man was a complete and true monster. As his laugh rode around the room, leaving echos of his spiteful voice, Asami couldn't help but shiver. She felt like a derelict wasteland being ripped off of its vegetation- weak, betrayed and hopeless.

How could he?

She wouldn't say that her life used to be perfect. In fact, it was as tragic as anyone's could be. But who was he to toy with her life, her body and her emotions? What kind of degenerative ambitions stirred him to make a living doll out of her; a doll he could tear apart and sew together and repeat... repeat until she was broken to the extent she could not be pulled back together into one piece.

๐˜‹๐˜ช๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ซ๐˜ฐ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ? ๐˜‹๐˜ช๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ง๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฌ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ง๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ต๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ? ๐˜ž๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ง๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฉ, ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฑ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜บ ๐˜ง๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ ๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜บ?

Her still wide, outraged eyes gave her face an almost pathetic expression.
How could you?.. screamed her blue orbs as they lost even the little trace of life left in them. He wanted her to be a vessel, and she became one; albeit an empty one.

His laughter died down, but not the pitiful expression morphed into Asami's once beautiful face.

"Be grateful, my dear," he hissed, tracing the sharp edge of the knife down her cheeks, making the blood ooze out of the barely visible but deep cut, "I gave you power and you enjoyed your little skit of revenge. Too bad your goal is quite contrary to mine. You wish to wipe POWANs out of the face of Earth and I wish to lead them into power, which I have been working on for quite a while. You see, most POWANs aren't violent, they rarely transform into their POWAN forms unless out of a need of nutrition or paranoia. So, why is the population of this species riding uphill? Simple, because of me. I am the one testing out of my handiworks. See, ain't I doing a magnificent job?"

He scrutinized her response, but none came. Far from it, her face only seemed to calm down. Calm was far from what she was feeling, though. Her inner turmoil just got too messy to be projected through facial expression.

๐˜ˆ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ด.... ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ... ๐˜ง๐˜ถ๐˜ค๐˜ฌโ€“

"It's been going pretty well," he leaned away, along with his scalpel after he carved out an incomprehensible kanji on her cheeks out of bloodโ€”to which she didn't bat an eyelashโ€”and adopted a serious tone, "your great grandfather's been doing a decent job in helping us control them. But you see, we need more than just one controller. And that's where you come in, Asami."

His lips crooked up into a smile, but what caught her attention were his words, as she slightly lifted her head to notify that she was listening.

"We need your body to experience enough pain to make you immune to any kind of senses and for your brain to stop functioning straight. Once that happens, we have the technology to put you to use. The same cables you saw on your relative would be connected to your body and you will be our fuel. In the world I create, I will be the king, humans will be my pawns, and Asami," he rested her chin in the crook of her index finger, "you will be my knight."

A knock caught his attention as he pulled his finger away from Asami's face and turned his gaze to the direction of the disturbance. His female assistant stood with a clipboard tightly secured in her hands, eyebrows scrunched up in concern.

"Sir, it's time for the routine checkโ€”"

"I think I told you not to disturb me while I am busy with her," his demanding voice made her flinch, as her shoulders slumped in disappointment.

She looked up again, the hopeful shimmer in her eyes aiming towards Kite, "I am sorry, sir, but you asked me to remind you of the routine checkup five minutes beforehand."

Kite pinched the bridge of his nose as his teeth rubbed against each other in irritation, which slowly relaxed as he released a hefty sigh, "Fine."

He turned to walk towards the exit, before he jerked his head back and gave Asami a doting look. "Listen," he began, "this world is not the kind of place one would want to protect. Useless imbeciles are eating away at the foundation of this society, and it is on the brink of falling apart. One can only protect what hasn't already rotten away. So instead of playing the pretend hero, try facing reality for once."

His footsteps were the last thing she heard.

๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฏ'๐˜ต ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜บ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ข๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜บ...?

True. This world was rotten. No matter how many times she tried to convince herself, she couldn't get the thought away from her mind. If this world was rotten, then she was a part of this world. Smitten with a selfish desire to end something for someone dead, what was she truly seeking? For what purpose was she fighting? To protect the weak? Who were the weak? How to find them? How did she know she was truly stronger than them? What was the reality and what was the illusion?

๐˜š๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ต.

Her frown grew more intense as she got more and more lost in her unpleasant reverie.

๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฌ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ? ๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ ๐˜? ๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜บ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ'๐˜ต ๐˜ ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ข๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜บ? ๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜บ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ถ๐˜ค๐˜ฌ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ข ๐˜ง๐˜ถ๐˜ค๐˜ฌ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ?

Taking a deep breath, she looked down at herself. Vulnerable and weak, that's what she was. She could taste the iron of the blood dropping on her lips; the blood which was still crimson, despite her being a creature so distant from humans.

Silence filled the room and her mind.

๐˜๐˜ง ๐˜ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ? ๐˜ ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฌ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ. ๐˜‰๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฌ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ...?

The pace of her breaths intensified as she closed her eyes to shut those damn thoughts up.

๐˜•๐˜ฐ. ๐˜•๐˜ฐ... ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ด... ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ. ๐˜...

She bit her lip, staining her pearl teeth red as they dug deeper into her skin.
The thought came to her mind almost instantly, as if it weren't her own. Sick, mortified, that was all her life managed to make her feel. All she had acknowledged of her existence was failure.

๐˜๐˜ง ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ, ๐˜ช๐˜ต'๐˜ด ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต ๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ. ๐˜๐˜ง ๐˜ ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ ๐˜ข ๐˜ฅ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฐ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต, ๐˜ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜จ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ.

Her eyes shot open, her blue orbs back to life with a completely strange and terrifying determination.

๐˜ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ซ๐˜ถ๐˜ฅ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฌ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต. ๐˜๐˜ง ๐˜ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ, ๐˜ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ง ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ด. ๐˜๐˜ง ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ, ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ ๐˜. ๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ'๐˜ต ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต. ๐˜ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ง๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ช๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜ณ ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ด.

The naked woman looked up, face bloodied red with the putrefying stench of her body mixing in the air.

๐˜๐˜ง ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฌ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ, ๐˜ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฒ๐˜ถ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ฌ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฎ. ๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜จ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ, ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ด ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ด.

Her mouth stretched into a horrendous grin, skin stretched like a dirty mop as Kite's female assistant came in her line of sight.

"And I have got just the plan."

When you have many lines to write as QOTC but you gotta choose one!!๐Ÿ˜ฅ

Anyway, here it is. End of this volume. I have to get to work for the new volume cover but first I have a maths exam to give. Minna-san, ogenki!!!

Bแบกn ฤ‘ang ฤ‘แปc truyแป‡n trรชn: Truyen2U.Pro