16 ~ Quidditch & Dance

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Congratz to @atrueGryffindor (cool username by the way) for guessing Drew's fatal flaw correctly! It is indeed pride, and you earn a follow!

Leo's POV

Sunday was the day of the dance, but we decided to play Quidditch first.

I grabbed my broom. The Golden Trio and Ginny were going to see how good Drew and us demigods were at their wizard game. I had heard about Quidditch, but I wasn't very interested in it because the brooms looked so uncomfortable. But Ron and Harry explained everything with so much detail it was starting to sound fun.

And it turns out the brooms had cushions! That had me sold instantly.

All of our brooms were Nimbus 2001s, even Drew's,  though I didn't ask how she'd gotten it.

Hermione and Thalia sat at the stands and watched us, though Thalia still refused to admit she was scared of heights. Katie, Hazel, Frank, and Will also sat with them, because they weren't really interested in playing.

We split into teams. Harry as Seeker, Ron as Keeper, Ginny, Percy, and Annabeth as Chasers, and Jason and Piper as Beaters on one team.

Drew as Seeker on our team, Nico, me, and Clarisse as Chasers, Lou as Keeper, and the Stolls as the Beaters.

Frank released the balls for us and hurled the Quaffle into the air.

Ginny and Nico raced for the ball. Nico seized it and tossed it to me. I threw it at the hoop farthest from Ron, but he managed to block it and send it out towards Ginny. A Bludger headed my way, and I ducked as it whooshed over my head.

Travis whacked the Bludger, but lost grip on the bat, which tumbled to the grass. "Holy Hermes! That thing is heavy!"

"Look out!" Connor yelled. The Bludger had come back.

Instead of twisting his body on the broom to hit the Bludger with the bottom of the broom, Travis actually got off the broom, and used the handle as a baseball bat and knocked it to the other side. He nearly fell, and I heard him say he wasn't trying that again. He dove back down to the ground to retrieve his bat, which he had somehow dropped.

After a few minutes, it was now 50-20, with us on the winning team.

"Ha-HA!" Percy flung the Quaffle through the hoop. 50-30. His gleeful laughter faded in and out as he circled the field. "We're catching up!"

Harry suddenly shot towards the sky. Drew yanked her broom up and followed, swerving as a Bludger tried to hit her. Connor smacked it to the other side.

Harry stretched out his hand, and his Firebolt took him farther and farther from Drew. They made a sudden turn, then Drew called, "Harry, watch out!"

Harry yanked his arm back to his broom and spun around. Nothing was coming toward him; it was a trick. Drew made a swipe with her hand but cursed when she got nothing. "It's gone," she looked around widely.

"Hey! Look at me!" Percy was riding his broom like a skateboard, "This is so cool!"

Soon everyone started trying to ride it like that and forgot about the game.

After a while, Drew suddenly got back onto her broom and sped to the right.

Harry stopped helping Ron stand on the broom and chased after her. A Bludger was going straight for them.

"Hey Drew, behind you!" Annabeth yelled. Drew must have not believed her or something, because she continued after the Snitch.

Harry looked back for half a second and saw the Bludger, "Bludger incoming!" She pretended she hadn't heard and stretched out her arm. Piper and Travis chased after the Bludger.

"Drew! The Bludger!" I yelled. She finally turned around and dove to the right when she saw it.

But it turned with her and slammed into her left arm. It flew away and Drew lost her balance, flipping under her broom with only her legs to hold her up. Her jeans slipped off the smooth handle of the broom. She made a wild grab for it but was already falling.

Hermione whipped out her wand, but she didn't need to do anything.

Percy had already formed a pool of floating water, Nico had made a cushion of shadows, and Jason had summoned the wind.

So Drew was hovering over some smokey shadows and a bunch of water.

She looked down, "Cool!"

Jason let go of the winds, so she fell into the water, then after a second dropped down to the shadows and dispersed it. When the shadows cleared, she was holding onto her arm and staring at it. Everyone came down.

"Is your arm okay?" Percy asked.

"Well, it doesn't hurt," she said, but she was obviously lying. "It's fine..."

"Oh yeah," I said sarcastically, "a Bludger just slammed into your arm, and a ton of bruises are forming. Yes, your arm is definitely okay."

Drew frowned at me, "No need to be sarcastic."

"Look who's talking."

"Whatever," she flexed her bad arm around.

I was alarmed, "Why are you doing that?"

She shrugged, "Cuz it hurts when I do it."

"To be honest that response is a little concerning. You need to go to Madam Pomfrey."

"No, I'm fine!" she insisted, "I want to play! I almost got it!"

"You would have got it if you believed Annabeth or Harry."

"How was I supposed to know they were telling the truth?"

"Come on, just get to Madam Pomfrey."

"No, I'm fine."

I was getting frustrated, "Your arm is broken. You're not fine."

"No seriously," she picked up her broom, "it just hurts."

"What if a monster attacked right now?"

"I use my right arm to fight more."

"It obviously hurts a lot, just go to the infirmary."

"I. am. not. going."

Annabeth sighed, "Well the game can't last much longer anyway. Just make sure you go later."

Now it was 90-50, with us on the winning side. Drew managed to catch the Snitch even with a broken arm.

"HA!" she said, "See? I can use my arm fine! I got the Snitch!" She waved it in my face like I might not be able to see it.

"Yeah," I pushed her arm down, "I can see that. Now will you go to Madam Pomfrey?"

"Yeah fine," she tossed me the Snitch—I barely caught it—and trudged into the castle, dragging her Nimbus 2001 behind her.

I gave the Snitch to Frank and went with her to make sure she actually went.

"Hey, how come you didn't join the Quidditch teams?"

She growled, this was obviously a sore subject. "Believe me, I did try. In second year I tried out for Chaser and nearly crushed the competition. But you might've noticed that there aren't any girls in the Slytherin Quidditch Team. The captain hated that I was a) a girl, and b) not a pureblood. He snapped my broom in half and kicked me off the field."

I frowned, thinking that the story can't be over yet, "Then what?"

"I stole another broom and tried out for Beater. I mean, if I couldn't join, I could at least make them look horrible. I also set the changing room on fire. And the hoops. Maybe I could've gotten in, but hey, I lost interest. Plus, working with Malfoy was going to be a pain. I subbed a Chaser one time in sixth year, but other than that, I don't play."

"Oh," and after a while, I said, "your arm looks scary."

She looked at it, "Nah, last time it looked a lot worse."

When we got to Madam Pomfrey, she poked her head out holding a love potion antidote.

"My arm's broken," Drew said.

Madam Pomfrey stared at it, "Come on in, and...when exactly did this happen?"

"Thirty minutes ago I think, or twenty."

"Thirty?"

"Or twenty."

"Sit down." Drew sat.

"Drink this," she handed Drew a potion from the cupboard, "your arm should be fine in three minutes, and don't move it around like that!"

"Alright, alright," Drew muttered. She gulped down the vial.

"I'm going to go to lunch now," I slipped out the door, "I'm taking Calypso to the dance!" I closed the door, and turned my head so she could see both of my eyes as the door closed. She snorted at me.

At the dance, I plopped down in my seat. After taking a few bites out of my food, I noticed Goyle—or Nott, I can't seem to remember who is who—dropping something into Thalia's drink when she wasn't looking. Yeah, doing it when she wasn't looking, but when about ten other people were looking.

Thalia picked up her cup.

"Don't drink that!" Nico shrieked. Then he realized what he had said, "I mean, yeah sure, drink that."

Thalia gave him a weird look.

He looked at me, and when our eyes met, we burst into uncontrollable laughter.

"What is wrong with you two?" Thalia demanded.

"Just having a normal conversation Pinecone Face, try asking when you want to butt your nose in," I said.

She rolled her eyes and brought her cup back up to her mouth. We kept staring at her.

She put it down again, "What are you idiots staring at?"

We turned away, "Nothing."

"Don't drink that," Annabeth said, "Theodore Nott dropped something into it."

"Why did you tell her that?" we whined.

"She wouldn't want to fall in love with anybody."

"Exactly why you shouldn't have told her!"

Thalia glowered at us.

We were allowed to bring people not from Hogwarts to the dance, so of course, I brought Calypso, Lou brought Cecil, Clarisse brought Chris Rodriguez, and Will brought some girl I don't know the name of from the Aphrodite Cabin. He didn't seem very happy, and had muttered something about the guy he liked not being reasonable.

Annabeth had forced Thalia to wear a dress instead of the casual clothes she wanted to wear, so Thalia had ordered Nico to wear a tuxedo so that it would be fair.

She also said that he didn't need to call her Your Highness until the dance had ended. After that, he had immediately started screaming, "PINECONE GRACE PINECONE GRACE!" over and over, and he was screaming it so loud Thalia couldn't even talk over him. Then Percy and I joined in and even started dancing around Thalia. She had beaten our faces in.

Drew didn't have anyone to force her to wear anything—Eliza had already returned to the Underworld—so she just wore jeans and a blouse. So she totally stood out at the dance.

Malfoy ended up going with Pansy Parkinson instead of Thalia.

After Dumbledore commenced the dance, I held my elbow out for Calypso to take, and grinned cheekily. "May I have this dance?"

She smiled and took it. I saw a bunch of guys staring at us. Well...not at me. They were mostly looking at Calypso and no doubt wondering what a girl like her was doing with a guy like me.

Nico's POV

"Wanna dance with me?" a girl asked me.

I declined without looking up. This was the seventh person already! And six of them already have dates!

"Aww come ooonn Neeecooo!"

What is wrong with this world? I shook my head again.

"Pweaase?" I heard Thalia giggling.

I finally looked up and screamed my head off. I actually flipped off my chair, and yanked off a few streamers on the table when I got up. A lot of people started staring at me.

Before I looked at the person again, I rubbed my eyes and blinked a few times to make sure I was seeing things correctly.

"Uh, what happened?" Drew asked.

Before I answered, I looked up again to the person in front of me who had asked me to dance.

It was a person I did not expect to ask me.

It was a person I did not expect to ask anyone.

It was a person who was not even supposed to ask anyone.

It was a person who didn't even want to go to the dance in the first place.

It.

Was.

Thalia. (Did ya see dat comin'?)

I glanced at Drew across the table, who was staring at me with a What the Hades is wrong with you expression. She had been listening to music, so she probably hadn't heard what Thalia had said.

I backed away from Thalia towards Drew's side of the table. Thalia took a step forward. I whipped around and tripped over a chair, knocking it over. I scrambled over to Drew and hid behind her chair.

"What are you doing?" Drew stared at Thalia, "And why is she smiling at me?"

"I-I-I-I d-don't think she's sm-smiling at y-you..."

"What's wrong with you? You're like, stammering!"

Before I could answer, Thalia whined, "Neeecoo-pooo!!"

Drew fell out of her chair.

She got up wide-eyed, "Who is that?"

"Thalia..."

"You sure? Not some...creepy barbie doppelgänger?"

"I-I think so..."

"Connor and Travis are looking our way and trying not to laugh," Drew noticed.

I looked, and sure enough, they were. When they saw me looking, they turned away. "So?"

She gave me an You're an idiot look.

Thalia wrapped her arms around my waist. I screamed again and punched her in the face. I backed away from "Thalia".

"Who are you?" I kept my eyes on her to prevent her from coming out of nowhere and hugging my lights out.

"Thalia!"

"Uh, what's your favorite color?"

"Blue."

"Um, okay then, uh, use your powers."

She lunged, grabbed my arm, and shocked me.

I yanked it back, "That IS Thalia!"

"The Stolls obviously did something!" Drew said, pointing to them, "Did they do anything to the punch you gave her?"

"I don't know..."

"Did you turn your back on it?"

"Well yeah, only for a second because Connor wanted to show...wait...I'M GONNA TO KILL THEM!"

"Kill who?" Thalia asked, "You're going to kill someone for me?"

"Course not! I mean, not in that way, but AHH! STOP THAT!"

I pushed her face farther from mine.

"Drew help me!" Thalia kept trying to get her face close to mine.

But Drew was too busy laughing, "Oh my God..." She kept laughing and laughing.

"Hey!" I glared at her, "No seriously, GET THIS THING OFF ME!"

Drew was turning pink now.

"Look Pinecone Grace—" I told Thalia.

"Oooh we're making nicknames now? Or is that going to be the name of our daughter?"

"Our WHAT?" I guess the thought of having a daughter with Thalia was too disgusting or something, because I puked in my mouth a little.

"So that's the name of-"

"NO!!!" I shook off her, and ran straight at the Stolls, who were just chilling at a table with Katie and Lou.

"STOLLS!!!"

They shot up in their seats, and hid behind Percy and Annabeth, who were dancing.

"What now?" Annabeth asked them, then she saw me and understood the situation, "What did they do?"

'Something, extremely horrible."

"What?" Percy asked.

"We," Travis giggled, "gave."

"-Thalia," Connor continued, "a-"

"Love Potion!" they giggled. Then stopped when they saw my expression.

"Whoa, stop," Annabeth said, "why would that make you mad?"

"Mad? Of course I would be mad! She was freaking trying to kiss me!"

Annabeth jaw dropped open, "They made Thalia fall in love with you?"

"Yes!"

"Neeecoo-pooo!!"

I hid behind Annabeth with Travis and Connor and screamed, "GET THAT CRAZY WOMAN AWAY FROM ME!!"

Annabeth sighed, "Stolls, take her to Madam Pomfrey."

"But-"

"Just go!" she shoved them in the direction of Thalia.

They dragged her away. I'm going to kill them later.

I punched Drew in the arm.

She frowned at me, "What was that for?"

"As if you don't know."

She grinned, "It was funny."

I punched her again and sat down.

What was your favourite part? I laughed while writing this :)

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro