18 ~ Revealing

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Nico's POV

At breakfast the next day, the Headmaster stood behind his podium and tapped his wine glass, effectively quieting everyone.

"I have a very intersting announcement to make," Dumbledore said, "will the exchange students please come up to the front?"

We went to the front of the Great Hall.

"Why are we going to the front?" Percy asked, with a totally puzzled expression on his face.

Annabeth slapped his head, "We're revealing ourselves idiot!"

"Oh...oh right."

Once all of us were at the front, Annabeth said, "There's a reason why you need to learn hand-to-hand combat and get your bodies in good shape. There's also a reason why you need to learn about Greek Mythlogy. The thing is, we aren't wizards, we're demigods, Hecate blessed us the ability to do magic. The Mist hides strange Greek or Roman things like monsters and swords from mortals, or muggles. But you guys don't have the Mist helping you."

The Great Hall exploded into protests.

"LIAR!!"

"You insane?"

"Demigods?"

"No way!"

"Blimey!"

"Water cannon up my nose!"

Dumbledore held up a hand and everyone quieted down, "Let them continue please."

"Voldemort is back," Annabeth continued, "and stop protesting! It's true. He has an army of Greek monsters and Death Eaters. And as some of you might have seen, when a ton of monsters attacked Hogsmeades, they were from Greek Mythology. They can't be hurt by your spells or our spells because they are completely Greek. That's also why spells from you guys can't harm us, because we're half god. Like how Hagrid is half giant and isn't harmed by the Stunning Spell. Some Greek monsters have to be killed a certain way, which is why you need to learn about Greek monsters, and since your magic can't harm them, you need to use weapons."

Still, nobody believed her. People began to contact St. Mungos.

"I guess you guys want a demonstration then?" Annabeth asked.

The Great Hall quieted down. A few people called out, "Yeah!"

"Alright then, I'm a daughter of Athena, and I've been in two wars and one Great Prophecy. I don't have any powers, you would know that if you read Chapter 2 in the textbook, but my mother gave me this cap for my birthday." She held up her Yankees cap for everyone to see, then put it on and disappeared. Then she tapped her bracelet, and her ivory sword appeared, "This is my weapon," then she reached into her pocket and pulled out a tiny lump of metal, "this is Daedalus' laptop, he wasn't in the textbook, but he was a great inventor like Archimedes, he gave this to me." She pressed a button, and it unfolded into a laptop, "It has Wi-Fi anywhere, can turn into a phone, tablet, or TV, can call people, buy things, and it runs faster than any computer."

Everyone oohed and ahhed. Someone screamed, "I want that!"

And someone else yelled, "What's Wi-Fi?"

"I'm a son of Poseidon!" Percy said, "I was in two Great Prophecies, and two wars. I was also the praetor of Camp Jupiter, the demigod camp for the Romans." He waved his wand in the air, "This is my wand," he put it down on the floor. "I can control liquids!" Water flew from the cups of some Gryfindors and formed a ball of water above their heads. He moved his hand, and the ball of water moved too. He made it explode in midair. There was a light rain for a few seconds in the Great Hall. Everyone's mouth dropped open in shock, so they were catching some water in their mouthes.

"Me next me next!" Leo shrieked. He ran in front of us, "I'm a son of Hephaestus," he said really quickly, then screamed at the top of this lungs. "THIS, BOY IS ON FIIIREEEEEE!!!!!!!" He burst into flames.

The front row screamed and squirted water from their wands. Leo was drenched, "Aw come on! Don't hate on Fire Boy!" He shook water out of his curly hair like a dog.

I stepped forward, "I'm a son of Hades, I can make holes in the ground that trap you in the Underworld. I can summon skeletal warriors, and control shadows." I made a hole rip open in front of me and a skeleton crawled out and bowed to me. Someone at the Hufflepuff table fainted. Some people screamed something about a Fury (Inferi) and screamed Stupefy at the skeleton. It scratched its head and returned into the hole, and the it closed up.

Thalia's turn. "I'm a daughter of Zeus, I've been in two wars. I'm also a Hunter of Artemis, which means I can't date people." She glared pointedly at Malfoy. "I can blast things with lightning and have some control over the Mist. I use my shield Aegis," she tapped her bracelet and it turned into a shield with Medusa's ugly face on the front. Everyone's eyes got wide and scooted farther away.

She put it away and said, "I use my spear too, but mostly my bow and arrows given to me by Lady Artemis." She shot an apple from the hands of one unsuspecting Slytherin. He shrieked, stared at the arrow and the apple in the table, and started breathing really hard with a terrified look in his eyes, looking like he was going to die from shock.

Thalia smirked. Hazel's turn, "I'm a daughter of Pluto. I can control gems and precious metals. I can also control the underground. Make tunnels or collaspe them." She raised her hand, and some goblets rose into the air, then sunk back down.

Frank stepped forward, "I'm Frank Zhang, son of Mars, praetor of the Twelth Legion Fulminata. I was in the Giant War, and one Great Prophecy. I am good at fighting and using weapons, and I can change into any animal I want."

With that, he changed into a cat, then a dog, then a bear.

Then Travis grinned, "We're sons of Hermes, the God of Thieves!"

"Or travelers!" Connor added, "if you want to be nice."

"People usually aren't though," Travis frowned.

"We can teleport short distances, can pick locks, sense hexes or curses in locks, and we're super cool!" they said. They teleported backwards two meters.

Once all of us had gone, Malfoy yelled, "I figured it out already! I figured it out the week they came! I knew! I knew! Even Mudblood Granger didn't figure it out faster than me!"

Pansy Parkinson gasped, "He really is smart isn't he?"

Percy stared at him for a second, "You didn't figure it out, your father told you. And he didn't figure it out either, the Greek monsters told him."

Draco blinked, "No! That's not true! I figured—"

"Sit down Mister Malfoy," Professor McGonagall snapped. Malfoy sat down and glared at us.

Annabeth went on and explained about demigod life, the enemy's change of plans, and how the students are going to start with weapons. She also explained how the students are going to learn self defense every day.

"Okay," she said when she was done, "you can go back to your breakfast."

Of course nobody ate, instead they whispered among themselves.

Once we sat down, a ton of people asked questions about what we did, what Camp Half-Blood was like, blah blah blah.

***Physical Combat Class***

Annabeth paced around the room, holding her ivory sword, "As you people should know from the speech I gave you back at breakfast, we are going to start training you guys with weapons today. And in case some of you," she glared at Malfoy, "don't believe that we are very good at fighting, we will have a demonstration."

"I would like to volunteer," Malfoy stuck out his chest, "I have trained with my father!"

Annabeth stared at him, "Actually, I meant a dual between me and Percy, but...if you insist," I could tell she really hated that idiot. "Who do you want to duel?"

"Di Angelo of course!" This guy has a death wish doesn't he.

"Okay," Percy said cheerfully, "pick a weapon." He gestured to a huge crate full of dangerous weapons.

Malfoy strolled confidently over to the crate. He selected a thin steel sword. He must have thought I was only good at scaring people and not good at sword fighting or something. He sauntered over in front of me.

He sneered at me, "I bet you fight like a girl!"

"I bet you fight like an old woman!"

"I bet you—"

"Stop with the Thalia and Nico arguement," Annabeth rolled her eyes at us, "just start!"

I let Malfoy come at me first. He swung his sword and went for a strike to my stomach.

I blocked and disarmed him in two seconds. His sword clattered across the floor.

Malfoy just stood there blinking, then he yelled, "You cheated! You cheated!"

"How did I cheat then?"

He blinked a few more times, "Er...you..."

"Do you want to fight someone else Malfoy?" Annabeth asked, "How about Katie Gardner?"

"What? Her? She's no match for me! I want to duel IDiot Angelo again!"

"What? To chicken to fight her?" Ron asked.

Malfoy turned red with rage, "Of course not! Sure! I'll fight her! She's going to wish she was never born!"

"We'll see," Katie smirked. She wasn't the best fighter at camp, but she was still a demigod who was at camp for years.

"GO GET HIM!" Travis jumped up and down. Connor looked like he still couldn't believe that Travis would say something that.

"GO!" Annabeth yelled.

Malfoy struck first again, slashing at Katie's head. She ducked, and he went for a stab. She parried, and caught her dagger at his sword and pressed downward to the side. He let go of his weapon, and stared in disbelief at his sword on the floor.

Then he just stared in shock at Katie, who just smiled sweetly at him.

Then Malfoy looked at his hand, "It's broken! It's broken!" he cried. He held his wrist and shoved it in Percy's face, "It's broken! You should have her removed from the school! I'm telling Snape! I'm telling Dumbledore!"

"Malfoy," Percy said calmly, "you're hand or wrist or whatever you're saying is broken, is not broken. It's not even hurt. But I know what is hurt."

"What? As I said, I'm injured, and I'm telling Snape! I'm telling my father! You should lock her up! She's evil!" He looked at his hand, "What's hurt then? My fingers?"

"Your ego," Percy said.

The wizards tried all the weapons and took the weapon type they were best at. Then they find the weapon that's the right length, weight, et cetera.

Malfoy went around to and tried to show off with his skill with weapons.

Drew threw a knife past the target and it stuck into the wall.

Malfoy smirked at her, "Hey Drew, remember what a target is?"

Drew snarled at him, then said, "Why don't you try?"

Malfoy picked up another throwing knife and threw it. He ended up throwing it right at the ground in front of the target.

Drew smirked, "Hey Malfoy, remember what a target it?"

"Of course I remember! It's that thing!" he glared at her and pointed at the target.

Drew's eyes widened in mock surprise, "So you do remember! Well I think you're having trouble seeing it. You're a bit far away aren't you? Maybe you should go...hmm...right there? A metre from the target. It's your level, and you wouldn't be able to miss it."

"As I recall, you missed the target too!"

"Mine hit less than a foot away! You mistook the floor as a target!"

Hi guys, I can't believe SO many people chose Nico to win that bet...Omg I'm so sorry about that. When I wrote that chapter there was only one comment which was for Thalia, then after I published it was like 3 for Nico. Then later it was like 10 for Nico and two for Thalia. Should I rewrite it or something? D:

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro