(20)

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

★━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━★

Goodness....

This name is so familiar!

Come on Hana, try to remember where you've seen him!

Somewhere, I don't clearly remember. Ugh!

I watch him give away the mic to the man, bowing to the crowd and walking off of the stage.

"This feels like....like a dream..."

"Right? Who could say such a shy looking boy would be able to sing in a crowd?"

If only you let me.....

"Anyways, mom?"

"Hm?"

"d-do you perhaps....know him personally?"

"No, Mrs. Han just introduced me to him. Are you interested?" She eyed me playfully.

Jeez.....

"That's why I didn't want to ask you." I shook my head in irritation, getting up.

"I'll be back, I'm going to the washroom over there." I pointed at the back and she nodded, talking to another unfamiliar woman sitting beside her.

Her usual habit of talking to strangers and making friends so easily. I could never.

As I walked to the back, I smiled when I came face to face with Yena, a cheerful grin playing on her chapped lips when she looked at me.

"You're Hana right?"

"Uh...yeah."

"You tried to commit suicide some days ago, if I'm not wrong?" Her gaze changed into a judging form, piercing black eyes boring holes into my body as I looked down.

"That's not what you think-"

"I know. Depressed people like you keep a lot within themselves. You know, maybe because of love life and stuff..." She moved her fingers over her perfectly manicured nails, eyes glued to my form.

Love life? Seriously?

"You really think it's all related to love? There could be other problems like academic tension, family pressure-"

"Wait a minute...mom told me."

"Told you what?" I balled my hands into tight fists, trying to hold myself back because my only wish right now was to punch this lousy girl to death.

"Oh, nothing. Must be personal for you." She swept my hair back with her hand, taking advantage of being an year older than me.

"Don't mind me please, I'm not good with words. It might sound rude, but nothing hurts if you don't let it. Better luck next time, hm?"

With that, she walked past me, and I just stood there, questioning everything.

Am I getting famous for hurting myself?

People probably saw that I harmed myself, but always mistook the reason that why I did it.

It's not because I'm weak. It's because I am drowning and no one notices.

I'm losing everything. Even my will to exist. And even if I pass away one day, no one will say that I was a fighter.... instead they'll mock me for not being able to survive this rat-race.

I sighed deeply, my throat was dry. I was at the verge of tears when I realised I was standing in the middle of the hall. So I controlled my emotions, and walked over to the washroom.

I locked the door and sat on the seat, shutting my eyes tightly and letting my emotions flow in the form of tears, all over my cheeks.

"....why does no one understand? I'm not a joke..."

"....I want to be like others... I want to be confident... I want to fly too!"

I murmured, a few hiccups escaping my throat as I swept my hair back, a film of sweat covering the back of my neck because of the humidity.

"I shouldn't have come here. It would have been better if I was in my room, away from these people." I sighed, suddenly realising that I was wearing make-up and it would probably be ruined now.

"Oh no!"

I quickly got out, staring into the mirror as I touched my puffed up eyes. It wasn't all ruined.

Wiping my face with a tissue paper, I noticed the below of my eyes looked fuzzy. But no one would notice. Because who even would look at me?

Fixing my dress, I scurried out of the washroom into the thin corridor, when my eyes fell on...

Yena?

She looked here and there before walking into a room. On the other hand, the ceremony had begun. Mrs. Han was a close relative of the bride, so why is Yena around here?

I gulped before walking past the room, trying to ignore because I didn't want to make any fuss again.

But I had to stop when my gaze accidentally turned to the glass window of that room, and inside I saw...

Yena and Jung.... Kook?

My heart hammered with sudden realisation. The room was only lit by a single bulb, it wasn't much clear but I could see the two facing each other.

What are they doing here?

Are they......

Even if they are, why should I care....

I wanted to let go but I couldn't divert my gaze from the view. I could eavesdrop, but it would become worse if I get caught.

Then why do I think something is wrong?

"So, Jungkook?"

Yena spoke and I lowered my head, peeking from the glassframe.

"You know, that it's me who always scores the top marks in our class?"

"I know that..."

"And maybe, you also know how?"

Oh my god.

"I know that too." Jungkook spoke and I looked into his eyes, which were filled with anger. His jaw was tightened.

What is going on...?

"I figured that out. That's why I wanted to meet you, alone."

"Shut up. I know your sincere mother. Just because she's the headmaster's close friend, it's quite easy to figure out why and how you easily top most of the subjects."

Oh lord. What the hell.

"You actually know too much-"

"And that's why you and your filthy mother were acting like snakes when you found out that I accidentally scored more than you this time. Right?"

"Fine, you can grab that rank this time. I don't need it. But I want you to keep this a secret. I swear if you tell someone-"

"Isn't that a crime? Or are you scared your mom's pretty reputation would get spoiled?"

"You know what? If you even try, I won't leave you worth going to university anymore."

"What would you do? Kill me?"

"That's too much. I can accuse you.." she took a step closer, and my breath escalated when she grabbed Jungkook by the collar.

"Of sexually assaulting me."

What the actual hell?

I furrowed my brows and my palms became sweaty. I didn't know what to do.

Jungkook stood there shocked himself as he took a step back, pushing her off his body.

"What in the hell are you doing?"

"Isn't that obvious? People would believe me because I'm a girl. And you would be accused and sent to jail."

"You're crazy Yena!"

That's it.

I can't see this happening anymore.

I took a deep breath and pushed the door open with a thud.

A/N

Hi! Still enjoying?

To the new readers, I would be so happy if you would vote and comment your reviews. Let me know if you like it!

Here comes the drama-
*evil laughter*

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro