00|| Prologue

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Prologue
The disaster

The anklets and the bangles jingled loudly in the silent night, her breaths were uneven due to running. Her legs hurt yet the fear of getting caught scared her more than the bleed dripping down from her arms and legs because of the tripping in the jungle filled with broken branches. 

Ya allah! Help me.” She cried out and begged for his lord's mercy.

She was tired yet her mind was too clogged by the situation to plan something and save herself. She turned around and a group of men from far were coming towards her, yelling and screaming in anger.

She kept running, holding up her heavy yet simple red lehenga, the heavy Jewelries weighing on her body. She tried to remove it but the chains were tangled and struck on her hair.

She stopped as she perceived that she was far away from the men who were in search of the runaway bride. Her eyes scanned the dense forest, not a sign of any end. She sat down near the tree and caught her breaths.

Few hours back

“Here, take this.” Her chachi gave her a red suit and a set of heavy jewelry. She eyes them in confusion but takes it nevertheless.

“Shareef bhai agreed to marry you.” The wicked woman happily clapped but she felt the floor slip under her feet. She took a step back in disbelief.

“But chachi he is old.” She spoke softly, her energy drained out by all the work she had since morning but her Chachi glared at her.

“My brother isn't that old! He is just 38 and divorced but he will keep you very happy.” Tears welled up in her eyes.

“I don't want to marry him!” She exclaimed and that's when her chachu entered.

“You have no choice.” He said sternly. “You have ruined your dignity long back, no one is ready to marry you. You should be thankful that Shareef at least agreed to marry you.”

Chachu please!” She cried out.

“Minal, try to understand. You are of age of getting married but due to your past—” He mid stopped, feeling shame on continuing his word.

“Why don't you people believe me? I never—” She broke down. Her chachu sighed but listening to the words of his wicked wife, he took the decision thinking the best for her niece.

Unwillingly she got ready. Tears slipped down as she took baby steps toward the stairs to descend down. She was about to step down when she heard her cousins whisper.

“Minal! Come here.” She thought to ignore them but nonetheless walked to them with a blank expression.

The sole reason for her destruction.

“Here,” They handed her the cash and she scoffed. She was about to angrily leave when one of the cousins held her hand. “Wait! Listen to us.”

“If you want to congratulate me on my destruction then thank you!” She spat and again, was about to turn.

They all looked hurt. “Minal, we didn't mean to.”

“Right. You just had a little fun.” She said, her voice breaking.

“Guys! It isn't the time to sort that problem out.”

“Exactly!” Minal sarcastically said. “It's time to sort this out,” She pointed to herself. “This problem.” They all looked hurt and their eyes were already red from crying.

They opened the door fully, pulled her inside and hugged her. She stood in shock and confusion but the warmth of the hug’s of her beloved cousins brought a nostalgic feeling in her.

“We all will miss you.” She sniffed but didn't hug back. They broke the hug and pointed toward the wide open window. She looked at them in confusion.

“Run.”

With the help of her cousins who once destroyed her life, saved her from an unwanted marriage.

She stood up and started walking in another direction rather than running straight. She didn't know of the upcoming but she kept her faith on lord. She didn't walk less than a mile when her eyes caught on something flashy.
The light of day which was hidden by the huge trees.

She squinted her eyes and increased her pace even more, upon reaching close she realized that they were men and a big jeep on the road. Her heart fluttered in relief.

She quickly stopped and sneakily walked, not attracting them. If her runaway news had spread around then the men were not safe for her to ask for help. She hid behind the trees, covered with thorny climbers and wild bushes.

“Do you hear that?” One of the men step inside the forest, a few inches away from the tree and yelled to her companion.

“Rowdies yelling again,” one of the men in a deep and slightly familiar voice said. “That is how the khans are. Loud and noisy as nasty pollution.” Hatred dripped from his tongue.

Her eyebrows furrowed. She peeked but wasn't able to catch the glimpse of a man whose voice seemed familiar. She then sat back and relaxed her muscles.

“We need to leave. I can't face them.” He said and was about to leave when he heard a shuffling voice behind the trees.

He walked toward the tree, she thought to peeked but realizing the footsteps voice getting closer to her, her heart beated abnormally.

“Excuse me?” The familiar yet unfamiliar voice called and she ducked her head, her hands shaking.

“Ali, what are you doing?” His companion called out to him and that's when she realized and quickly raised her head.

Gasped!

The pair of familiar eyes was like a slap on her cheeks. He was equally shocked and both stuck at their spot. All the bitter memories flashed between them.

"Baba stop!" She screamed and tried to stop his father. Her cries are getting louder yet no one dares to step forward and stop him.

“Amma please stop baba, Please!" She cried out and begged her mother but she shook her head.

“We trusted him and this is how he repaid us?” Disgust dripped from his mother's tongue.

“Call the ambulance again! Why the heck are they taking their time?"

“Minal!”

He clenched his jaw and looked at her condition. “Who did this to you?” Ali, who had changed into an even more handsome man, angrily growled.

“Ali?” The man came near him and gasped seeing her.

“C-chachu.” She whispered and feeling comfort in his presence, tears streamed down.

He ironically chuckled. “That is what you khans are good at Making people look bad and miserable. ”He clenched his fist and turned around.

He walked to the jeep. Opening the car, he took out his mother's shawl and came back. He gave her the shawl which she silently wrapped around her as she stood up.

“Let's move quickly.” She didn't move an inch. All the bitter past scared her and she didn't want history to repeat again.

“You are helping her?” The man asked. “They will kill you.”

“They did ones. I survived.” He said darkly and walked near her. “Stand up and let's move.”

“Thanks for the help but I'll survive.”

“Minal.” She looked at Ali and her heart painly thumped against her ribcage. She missed it. “Don't be stubborn.” He said and held her hand.

It ignited and he pulled his hand back. Their feeling wasn't new nor too old. They looked at each other, fear reflecting in each other's eyes. He quickly looked away. “Osama brought her with you.” He left.

Osama turned to her, sympathy in his gaze for the poor girl. He didn't know who she was but her condition was worse than the doll of a 3 year child. He awkwardly smiled realizing that he was staring at her for too long. “Sorry.” He muttered.

“I am officer Osama. You are safe under our protection, no one will harm you until we are with you.” He said professional and showed her his badge.

Feeling slight relief, she stood up and walked with him to the car. She got in and their gaze clashed through the rear mirror. Ali quickly looked away again and turned toward the window. Osama started the engine and they roared. Away from her cage life, away from all the misery and all the haunting days..

“What happened to you?” Osama asked her and passed her a cold water bottle. She took it but didn't reply.

He sighed and shook his head, “Speak.” His tone changed. In an authoritative tone he commanded and she was forced to speak.

They heard her story in a meek voice, her voice breaking down yet she controlled herself from crying. Osama passed her the tissue box and glanced at Ali who stood like a statue with no expression.

“Are you hungry?” She shook her head but realizing he was driving, she replied with words.

“Osama, take us to the nearby hotel.”

Osama smiled but seeing Ali glare at him, his smile slipped and he apologized with a cough. Ali could feel her gaze on him yet he didn't turn, talk or even spare a single look at her.

She didn't know what her future held but the lost feeling was back. He was in front of her again and she couldn't wish for more than this.

؁؁‌؁

السلام عليكم

Don't forget to vote and leave your thoughts on the chapter.

Thank You ✨️

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro