10 - The alarm

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Avni's POV

As we head to the south side, I see beautiful beaches everywhere. The scenic beauty is so appealing to the eye. I always feel good around nature, my favourite thing about exploring places.

I think most people miss out on how beautiful India is. I haven't been too much but I love it here.

Piya happily cheers as we reach our destination. It is hot in Goa so I decided to wear a simple long sundress that reaches my knee-length.

"Hey let's go over there, and then we can go to the mall?" Piya asks glancing my way.

Ali and I both nod at her.

We spent quality time at the beach and now we are headed to the mall.

As we reach there, Piya takes Ali to the men's section whereas I decided to go to the accessories section.

I search for something more antique and beautiful.

A lady approaches me, "Are you looking for something?" She asks politely.

"Um, can you show me something antique, like not modern accessories, but they should have a unique touch?"

"I know what you are looking for. Come with me." She gestures me to the second floor and I follow her up there.

I search for the one I'm looking for. Maybe it won't be the same as the one I lost, but maybe it will.

"Sorry, I can't find the one," I say, slightly dejected.

Not my luck, again.

"These are the most beautiful ones. You'll def-" I cut her off.

"I am looking for something similar to the one I lost." I sigh.

"Maybe if you can show me a picture?"

"I don't have one. It was so unique, I can't describe it." I shrug.

"Thank you anyway." I smile at her and she does the same.

I wander around the mall, trying to find something that I like. I halt in front of a beautiful piece. It is simple yet appealing to the eye. An off-shoulder maroon velvet blouse with a baby light pink long frock beneath.

Perfect.

I stare at the dress, taking a few steps backwards to get a look from afar.

While doing so, I stumble across the rack and was about to fall, but I feel a handgrip on my hand and another behind my back.

I widen my eyes which were squinted due to the incident that was about to happen.

I look up to the person, staring at me with an unknown emotion displaying.

No, not him again.

He pulls me slightly upwards, and I stand close to him.

It was as if we were having a staring competition.

I back off a little and he lets go of my hand.

"Be careful." He says softly.

"I am," I reply.

"Oh, I can see it." He smiles a little, referring to what happened a few seconds ago.

This seems like a Bollywood movie scene.

I roll my eyes at the thought. An alarm goes off, catching our attention.

"ATTENTION!! The second floor's men section has caught fire. Please rush out with utter safety as soon as possible. Don't panic. Use stairs and avoid lifts."

My eyes widen as I remember Piya and Ali went there too.

Oh, no.

"Where are you going?" He grasps my hand lightly as I walk further.

I turn to look at him. "Didn't you hear the announcement?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows.

"I did, and we should head out. Why are you going to the men's section?" He asks impatiently.

"My f-friends are there."

"So? You can't go there."

"Listen-"

"You head out of here from those stairs." He points to the opposite side of us.

"And, I will go and make sure your friends are safe. I won't let you go there. Understand?" He declares.

"It is not safe for you either. Let me go." I hissed.

"Protecting you is my duty." He says sternly.

"Now go." He glares at me. I just stare at him for a few seconds but I nod and head out.

I feel uncomfortable. It's been almost twenty minutes and there are people outside the mall, but I see no sign of Piya and Ali.

Are they stuck?

I fiddle with my fingers and rush into the crowd of people trying to find them. It feels like forever, I can't seem to catch a sight of them.

I feel a tap on my shoulders, I turn around and see him. He pulls me into a hug, "Thank god you are safe. I was worried."

"Ali, I was so scared." I feel my eyes getting watery. He releases the hug, "I should be. Why were you?"

"You were at the men's section with Piya." I realise, "Piya? Where is she?"

"She is in the car. I came to find you."

"Okay." I sigh.

"I was on the first floor's men section." He says pressing his lips into a smile.

"Oh...I couldn't think properly. I was going insane. So I thought to go there to find you both."

"Oh no, you weren't." He says, worry flashing in his eyes.

"Why would you go up there for me? Don't get yourself in trouble because of me." He mumbles.

"Because I care for you." I see his expression soften.

"Nothing will happen to me." He assures and I smile faintly.

"Let's go."

I turn back to see whether I can see a glance of him. He went there to find my friends. Is he safe? What if he-

No.

"What? Let's go." Ali's voice pulls me back from my thoughts.

"Um-"

"You go, and stay with Piya. I'll be back."

"Why?"

"Just go. I'll be back in a minute." He nods, nevertheless.

I rush to the front of the building trying to find him.

Where is he?

I see everyone but him. I scan the place again and again only to see a man with the same physique as him, his back facing me. He is helping an old lady sit on the bench outside. She is smiling at him. I try to see his face, but I can't.

Instantly, he turns around and his eyes wander. He catches a glimpse of me and runs towards me, sweating heavingly.

He coughs, "No one is up there. I am sure your friends would be here, I will help find-"

"They are safe," I mutter staring at him. He is coughing and I could see his state, his eyes are red from the smoke I guess.

"Well, that's great." He smiles.

"They weren't on the second floor. I was mistaken, sorry to bother-" He cuts me off.

"You shouldn't be sorry. As I said, protecting is my duty." He says softly.

"Thank you."

"No problem." He smiles back. "Gotta go, bye." He waves his hand while coughing a bit and disappears from my sight.

I head to the car and we drive back to the hotel.

|××××××|

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro