18 - Gunshots

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Avni's POV

Fear crept into my mind. I knew what a fake gun looked like. And this was real.

He bent over to take hold of the gun, his grip on my mouth loosening. I turned around swiftly, and without a second thought, I kicked him. I kicked him on the crotch. He groaned, stumbling back a few steps.

"What the hell-Avni!" His voice was low and he seemed pissed.

He knew my name?

I looked up, gathering courage and taking a deep breath. That's when I saw his face. I gaped at him in shock.

No. This can't be.

"Neil!!!" My voice was sharp and I was boiling inside.

He composed himself and came forward picking up the gun. He leaned closer, his eyes were filled with annoyance.

"Didn't I tell you to not attend this event?"

Was he being serious? I scoffed, "How can you even manage to say such a thing after literally making me feel like I am being kidnapped?"

"Avni, there's a reason."

"And what's that?"

"You didn't follow my instructions and I told you there will be consequences." He said through gritted teeth.

"I can't believe you." I crossed my arms.

"Avni, you are stubborn. The way you accepted my command that day, I knew you were being suspicious. But I had some faith in you, and you did the opposite."

He didn't understand my reason. I was not going to explain it to him. I felt irritated after what he did just a few minutes ago. I wanted to shout at him, but I tried to keep my cool.

"You are insane." I snapped.

"For sure I am Miss Avni Raichand. I have to be." His voice was gruff, annoyed and filled with rage.

He dared to be angry at me? If someone should be, that should be me.

"Go on with you sick tricks and games Neil. For god sake, stop it. I am done with this. If I am in danger, I am. You being a police officer doesn't make it any different."

Anger, frustration and fear, all of it were coming out now and I was lashing out at him. I never had been this scared since...that time and the resentment towards police was being taken out at him. I felt miserable talking to him in such a tone but he's being too involved and I don't want it. I don't want him to surround my life and make it hard for me.

He harshly grabbed my arm, pinning me against the wall. "I am not playing any games with you." My arm ached at the intensity with which he was holding on. I was fuming and his eyes mirrored my expression.

"You are hurting me, Neil. Let go." I saw his eyes softening and so his grip.

"I am sorry." He whispered in realisation.

But before I could even say something. The sound of gunshots surrounded us, startling me. I felt my heart pounding fast, and a pair of arms around me.

I didn't realise being in his embrace, my face resting into his chest. His hand patting my hair and another being pressed onto my back.

I pushed him back a little, and he looked at me, confused but soon another smashing found filled the air. He grabbed me, walking towards the bed.

"Stay here. Don't go around anywhere. I will be back." I nodded at him, and he went out of the room.

I kept fiddling with my fingers, nervously walking left and right across the room.

What the hell is happening? This event isn't supposed to be like this. I pulled out my phone and sent a text.

You
Where are you?

I heard a buzzing sound and opened the message flashing across the screen.

Avi
In the event...

You
But I heard gunshots.

Avi
Yeah, it's because of a certain someone.

You
Stay lowkey then.

Avi
Why? It isn't serious.

You
Just do what I say.

Avi
Okay, you aren't alone right?

You
I am with a friend, don't worry.

I heard the knob, twisting open. I felt relieved when I saw Neil enter. He rushed towards me, breathing heavily.

"You okay?" I nodded at him.

"Let's go. You aren't staying in this event anymore."

"Wait-"

"What?"

"My friends are out there in the event. What about them?"

"Don't worry, the force is here. No one is harmed-"

"Yet?" I voiced out, gulping.

He looked at me in worry. "Stop thinking about everyone. They will be safe. Your friends aren't in danger..." He paused, looking anxious. "You are."

I didn't know what to say, I kept quiet. I don't want all this chaos happening in my life. I buried my face in my palms.

"Nothing will happen to them, and I won't let anything happen to you."

Next, I know, we were walking out from the window of the room. He halted in the corner, taking a glimpse of the main gate. I saw few officers, guarding the place and everything felt normal? It was as if nothing happened.

"Where are we going?"

"You are going home."

"Eh, excuse me?"

"You are excused."

I clicked my tongue. "Neil, stop."

"I said stop." He turned around, glancing at me, exhaling deeply.

"Everything seems normal."

"Because it is."

"Huh?"

"Everything is normal. The gunshots were fired due to the arrival of the politician. And the smash was one of his signature styles. He always smashes a table arranged with glasses by a gun."

"Guns aren't allowed."

"They aren't. But he has power."

"Oh, I see. You can't do anything right because you work under the law." I felt disgusted.

"Avni, even me being an ACP doesn't work like the law is under my hands. There are protocols and we have to follow them."

"Let me go inside then."

"You aren't going in. You are going home."

"I-"

"Avni, for god sake. For once, do as I say." He spat out in anger.

"You can't force me."

"Guess, you don't know me yet. I very well can."

I glared at him, through the glass of the car window. He forced me to go home with one of his officers. This is manipulation. I am not taking it if this happens once more.

The drive home was short rather filled with silence. I shut the car door, thanking him.

His words rang in my ear.

"Sir has personally told me to get you home safely. I hope you stay at home until Sir says otherwise."

What am I? Who is he to give me orders? I thought to argue but it felt naive to do so with an officer.

I will rather argue with Neil. He is the cause of it all but I hope I never cross paths with him again.

"Ma'am, you are home." Lovely smiled at me and I nodded.

"Someone is here to see you." He whispered.

"Who?"

"I am."

I sighed before glancing to the side.

Hate, all I felt was hate at the moment. If there was a word even stronger, I would describe the feeling like that. I never wanted to see those pair of eyes again, that half tilted smile angered me to the point I couldn't describe. I felt sore seeing those eyes filled with fake love and care. I clenched my fists to the point my fingers turned white as the figure in front of me took small steps approaching me.

"Leave us alone, Lovely."

|××××××|

Any guess who it might be?

Press that little star if curiosity can't get enough of you.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro