Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Things changed so drastically after Thor left. Although, she was sad he was gone, it was a new dawn for her. Recordings of what happened in New Mexico went viral and she was a bit famous now. She'd be walking down the street and people would want her autograph.

She didn't live in Minnesota anymore. She was now a permanent employee of SHIELD and she lived in Washington. Janet was concerned for her.

Eira packed her things into boxes at home. She was moving out and it was honestly kind of exciting. She was off to find her own home.

"Are you sure this is what you want?" Janet asked as she helped pack, too.

"Janet, I'm old enough. SHIELD can't hurt me and I can't be their experiment."

"I'm not worried about SHIELD. I'm worried you're giving your life away for one that you don't really want," she advised. "You make enemies in this life; and they always keep coming even when you want to rest."

Eira thought for a moment as she stopped in the middle of folding a shirt. She knew this life was dangerous but it would never be more dangerous than she was.

"I have these abilities, Janet, and I can't run from them anymore," Eira stated. "So I'm going to use them and I'm going to help people...like you did once."

Janet sighed but she held a proud smile before coming over to hug her, "You're going to make me miss you, though."

And so she left the comfort of the only home she really knew. But she'd find one she loved just as much.

____

SHIELD had given her an apartment of her own. But they were strategic in choosing it. Her neighbor was one very patriotic man.

She was supposed to keep an eye on him but she wasn't a spy which is probably why she was so shy. He would wave at her in greeting and she would practically scurry away.

But she aimed to change that.

She knocked on his door and he opened it up. He had a surprised look on his face.

"I should wave at you in the hall because it's rude not to," she said looking guiltily up at him as she held out her hands. "So here's my apology..."

Steve looked down to see a ring of red flowers. In the middle of the ring was a star made of blue and white flowers.

"You know who I am," he picked up the adornment gently. It wasn't often people did because he was a dead man walking according to history.

"Well I was kind of told...by SHIELD," she scratched the back of her head.

"You work for SHIELD?" he asked before sighing. He just wanted to be left alone.

"They kind of put me here, too," she rambled. "But I didn't want to be. I swear."

Steve smiled a bit, "Is that your way of telling me you didn't want to be my neighbor?"

"What?" her eyes widened. "I didn't mean it like that."

"I was just teasing you," he smiled a bit wider.

"Oh," her face calmed in relief.

"Come on," he opened his door wider. "I think it's about time I get to know you."

Eira walked into his apartment behind as he questioned, holding the flower ornament, "How did you make this?"

It seemed like vines were what made the shape but he didn't see what was holding the vines together.

Eira smiled secretively, "Do you believe in magic, Steve?"

____

Steve and Eira got along great. She told him how she was only training with SHIELD. He believed her. He thought she had to be the worst spy in history if she just blurted out the organization she worked for.

He quickly learned that Eira was little famous when they'd take walks together in the mornings. She said she loved to watch the sun rise.

She'd get people coming up to her and asking for a autograph. He could tell she was most excited when a kid asked for her autograph when she saw the wonder in their eyes. She nearly cried once when a kid said they wanted to be like her.

It was his moments with Eira that made him believe the new era wasn't so bad. When Eira wasn't training, she'd spend most of her time with him.

Eira sprinted beside Steve while he was in a slow jog. She was breathing heavily as they made it to the finish point of their path.

She had stopped immediately and put her hands on her knees to breathe like her life depended on it.

"I'm never running with you again," she breathed deeply and he couldn't help but chuckle.

"You're not as slow as most ordinary people if it makes you feel better," he said.

She looked up at him and shook her head in disbelief, "You're not even sweating."

She was a sweaty mess and he looked like he hadn't just ran three miles. She shook her head again and sat down on the grass.

"I'm going to take another lap, okay?" he said hesitantly before he smiled teasingly. "Don't die while I'm gone."

She glared at him, "Steven Grant Rogers!"

But he was already in the wind along with his laughter.

____

"Hey," Steve questioned on one of their night walks. "You know those flowers you gave me. It's been awhile and they still haven't wilted. And I've forgotten to water them a couple of times..."

"You don't have to water them, Steve," she smiled, "They won't die."

"Are they fake?"

"No."

"Then what is it?"

"It's magic."

"You know, you say that," Steve sighed. "But I never know what you mean by it."

Eira stopped walking and Steve stopped once he realized she wasn't following. He looked back at her and she smiled before looking at a lamppost.

Suddenly, vines grew out of the pavement and wrapped around the lamppost, planting itself like a decoration. His eyes were wide.

"That's what I mean by that," she commented as she walked past him and it took him a moment to follow her.

____

So she spent a lot of time with Steve but she spent a lot of time training. Her training was different than others. She didn't learn hand-to-hand combat. Hers was designed to strengthen her abilities.

She trained in a room that brought up a digital scenery. The things she fought were fake but the room had guns that shot out air blasts making everything seem real.

And today she got thrown around so many times. Her reaction time was off and there were so many bad guys in this digital scenario that it was too much for her to handle. Her bruises would last her days.

When she got back to her apartment, she put her key in the lock and went to turn it but the key broke off. She wanted to cry.

She sat down against her door and put her head in her hands. She knew Steve wasn't home as his motorcycle was gone. She wanted to scream but that would make people worry.

She sighed and laid her head back against the door. She just wanted to sleep and, eventually, she did.

Steve came home later and found Eira asleep on the floor. He saw the broken key on the floor. He sighed before scooping her off the floor and into his arms.

She stirred and started to open her eyes but his words soothed her, "Don't worry, sleepyhead."

And she fell back into a deep sleep as Steve carried her into his apartment. She dreamed of a certain god that night.

AN: so Eira has met Steve. These two are going to be so close.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro