03 | Elevator Talk - 184

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

+ I CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE, JUST FOLLOW ME.
I CLIMB ON THE STRANGE TREMBLING THAT
PULLED BETWEEN US. [ elevator - nct 127 ]

"Heavens, no." Death drags a hand down his face, unable to comprehend the clownery he's watching right in front of his caesar salad. He pokes at his food with his fork, mouth gawking open, "Frostfire-" He starts, then stops.

"What in the hell are you doing?"

"I'm making a sandwich," The latter replies, stabbing a knife into the middle of toast, "Why?" He turns around, taking a bite out of it with an arched eyebrow, as if what he did was nothing but ordinary.

Supra gave up trying, "Nobody puts mustard on bread- with ketchup. Only idiots do that." He sighs, shoving his lunch away. "I lost my appetite."

"This tastes bad," Frostfire sticks his tongue out.

"Obviously." The other reaper rolls his eyes and leans back in his chair, "Stick it in the trash if you will." Even after half a millennium, the boy was unable to fit with the human trend. "It looks disgusting too." He adds.

As recommended, the younger boy decides to stuff his odd creation into the bin, frowning at the monstrosity he had accidentally created all over the counter. "Can you help me clean this up?"

Seeing the mess, Supra shook his head.

"I'm not dealing with that." He points on the floor, "You've got to clean that mess up before Glacier comes in screaming about your shenanigans again."

Frostfire frowns at the sight of sauce packets littered all over the floor below him. "I didn't do that."

"Yeah? Then who did?"

"I don't know. Probably one of the souls I rea-"

"Just get that done, will you?" Death retorts back, cutting the sentence short. "I'm going to go now, to work. Say hi to Glacier for me if you see him. And you better not break his pot of sugar again."

"Again?!" Frostfire yells, ridiculed. "Hey, I was just sleepy at the time! Don't act like you don't know that— and please don't leave me with that tea freak!"

"Who are you calling a tea freak?"

"Oh, hey Glacier." They both chirped, and Supra whisks away from the break room before his eardrums could burst anymore. As the room clicked close, he could hear his friends' audible screeching at each other.

"What do you want, you wanker?!"
"Don't go british on me, you uncivilised rat!"

Death snorts, amused. His friends really are the only people he could confide it, lest find a little shelter from the reality he has to face. He clicks the button on the elevator, its metal doorway starting to close.

"W-Wait!" He heard a shout, and he scrambles to keep the door open. Luckily, he made it in time. He releases a sigh he didn't know he was holding.

"Hey— thanks!" The girl chides, swaying into the platform and stands beside him as the door finally closes with a clank. "Oh, we're going the same way." She mumbles, retracting her finger.

A human? Death's eyes widened a little, but it's nothing new to him. Often times, the mortals would come in and out of the office, unknown to them that they've trudged into the undead territory.

He says nothing else.

The trip down the 184-storey building was awkwarder than they thought. He catches the girl fumbling with her fingers on the rim of her sleeve, stealing little looks to him.

Their eyes met, and he drifts his eyes away. "What are you doing here?" He coughs, the tips of his ears turning red from getting caught, "I see that you're new here."

"Y-Yeah." She quips, a tone higher than she originally wanted. "S-Sorry. Um," She stutters, "I'm here to file a missing person report."

"This isn't the police department." He says, his back still against her, "I think you might have the wrong building." This is common too- people often come to seek help for the police, which is located just next door.

"No, I'm not. I'm sure this is the place."

Supra turns, looking over his shoulder as he adjusts the visors covering his brown orbs, "And what makes you think that we're capable of that?"

We, he said. Shoot, he thinks.

The girl apparently didn't seem to dwell on it or paid attention to his mistake, "Because I know that my brother's been kidnapped. I found his bracelet by the tree in the park."

Death didn't want to hear any of this, by the head- but by the heart, he didn't want to neglect the poor human girl. Especially with the fact that her voice seemed desperate. Something in her had that sense.

Love, they say, is the biggest of them all.

"And what are you willing to do in exchange for your brother?" He asks, leaning on the wall and crosses his arms, "If you truly knew what you came here for, then are you brave enough to do it?"

"Yeah." She nods, her knuckles turning white. Supra takes note of this, feeling self-concious and digs both hands into his pockets. "My brother still has a long way to go. I-I know that. And he's my only family. I have to go find him."

"How do you plan on doing that?"

"I-I've heard from my friends," She gulps, trying hard to not break into tears, "That Grim Reapers exist. I-I want to meet one. I want to meet one and ask them.. is my brother still alive?"

Death swallows the thickness in his throat, "You know that it's just a fable." He snorts, forcefully, "I think that you're trying too hard, woman."

Keep on lying, Supra. He tells himself.

"I-I think they exist." Hopeful, doe eyes peer into his hazel, disbelieving ones. "I really do. In fact, I think they exist here, living amongst us. Sometimes I can sense someone having little time left."

"You read too much books," Death shakes his head, tapping the side of his head, "You should get rid of that thought process. It's not going to help you. Try going to the police instead, madwoman."

"M-Madwoman?" Her eye twitched.

"That's you." The elevator stops, and they almost stumbled upon impact. Supra takes his shades off, tucking them onto his collar. "It's been nice, talking to you. I hope you find your brother."

And I hope that I wasn't the one who killed him.

He steps out, leaving the girl behind.

i have no motivation to do homework whatsoever.
um, but i hope you enjoyed this filler chap;;;
yes it will get better soon i promise lol sorry

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro