8.Separation

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Uhm..guys, I can hear the enraged voice of someone. Why are we getting it every time? They should also teach us how to escape from staffs." Crio is more likely talking to herself.

"Oh no. How to get out? Pratz was the one who solved the puzzle and open the door but we have come the other way. " I am thinking hard to escape and others too.

"I am getting scared." Ace is in panic.

"Got the book!" Claims Aarya.

"Now find out the exit." Tay tries to find clues everywhere.

At least Althea would know the answer. I wish she or Pratz was here.

"Is anyone inside?" A woman's pleasant voice.

"I am asking it again. Is anyone there?" She asks again.

Tay signals everyone to keep mum. We obey her.

"Replying or not, I am coming in."

With a sound of a cling, a woman around the age of 28 arrives. Her silky hair is as long as it brushes her knees behind. With a radiant smile and almond eyes, she darts each one of us.

"Ma'am, I can explain.." Tay is coming up with a story.

"I don't want to know why you are here. I want to know what you have in your hand, lady. Do you think it's not a punishable offense to trespass this area and enter a staff's room? I have to complain about it and you all will have to face the consequences."

"Please spare us, ma'am. This is the book we were rummaging for." Aarya hands out the book to her.

The woman, whose name is Ammara according to the ID token which is hanging on her waistband says.

She observes the book cover and starts reading the pages. Somewhere I feel, she is going to change her mind about sending us to Dean's room.

And it was right.

"Why do you want this book?" Miss Ammara asked.

Everybody stares at me. What should I say? I mumbled and jumbled the utterances.

"Pardon but please tell it louder." She wants to know it more than my friends.

"Ma'am, I don't know where to start. I feel spooked thinking about some incidents going on in my life."

"What's your name?" She asks.

"Rewa...Rewa Misdoor." I lied. The same way I lied to my friends and others.

"Do you want to talk to me in private, Rewa?" For which I replied no. My friends have helped me till now. Then they too have the right to know.

"After leaving my hometown, I met Aarya on the train along with an old man who explained to us about the disappearance of passengers who climbed down in Twikle and he has also climbed down there leaving a note..." I pass the note to Miss Ammara.

".... it's written in a language I have no idea about and then when I reached the room, the ceiling also had the same script. A few days later, Aarya found another note and handed it to me. We came to know there is a book here that can help us out and when we finally got it, you caught us. Please help us out, ma'am."

"Hmm. This can be a trouble for you. I have some wisdom in this language although it is not used in Landwol nowadays. I will help you out." She spreads the notes I have given and starts researching them.

"I will call you once I am done. Students, you may go back to your rooms." She turns her head to continue the research.

We were leaving the place when-

"Don't talk about this to anyone. It will only make it difficult to solve." Miss Ammara's words contain something suspicious but we all nod in agreement.

At our secret oak chamber

"Why don't you tell us about this before?" Fire rises in Sneha's visions.

"I hate when you are playing this way, hiding everything from us, Rewa and Ru. We didn't expect this from you." Ace lost her temper.

"I have just one thing to say. You are now your own. Don't come to us anymore. Even you, Ru. " Tay was angrier with Ru than me because she loved her so much.

They got out of the chamber leaving me and Aarya behind. Aarya is on the verge of crying and I have lost my dearest friends. How can we reunite again? Thinking about it, I am left with no clue so I decide to leave that to god and destiny now.

"Aarya.."

"Give me some space." All she begs me to leave her like that?

"Aarya, we will find out a solu..."

"Cut the crap, Rewa. Why don't you let me tell them what we are looking for? I would not have lost Tay and others. Now I just asked you to give me some space. If you can't provide me that, I will find it myself." She gets up from the couch and heads somewhere.

It's all my fault. I should have told them everything.

I head off to my hostel and walk past the 'stay away' hut. I feel like somebody is calling me from there but I move ahead.

"Miss, you drop this on your way." The helper boy of the canteen hands me a sheet.

Again? Now what? This caused me all trouble.

"I don't want it," I told. "Wait, from where did you get this?"

"It fell from.." I know he is lying.

"Dare you to lie to me, Thomas. You tell me the truth or I will tell the manager that you are sneaking at night to the girl's hostel or should I use my basic magic powers to tell you the truth? Which one would you like to choose?

"Miss, this sheet is actually from an old man." He reveals the truth trembling.

"What? Where is he? Who is he? Take me to him." I hold his hand and direct him to take me to him.

"He was there, behind that hut. He told me to hand over this to you and not to tell you that he has given it. But miss, you should not go there. It's risky. I have heard there are deadly ghosts chained up inside. Rumor or not, please be careful."

"I will, Thomas. You too. Thank you for the information." He bid me adieu.

I run to the hut to find him but he was nowhere to be seen. I must try harder next time.

I head back to the room and lie on my bed with an empty stomach. I lost my appetite tonight. Pratz is lying on her bed too but didn't speak to me about anything today and I have no mood to ask her the matter. I try to get sleep.

My phone rings.

"Rewa. It's Ammara. I found out what it says. Come to my chamber tomorrow. I will tell you about it there."

*****†********†*********

What's it that they have found? Will it be beneficial for Rewa's forthcoming crises? Will she be able to reunite with her friends?

Read the next chapter to find out more✨

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro