001. Jealous

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Summer vacation in Reverse Falls was definitely fun. I got to hang out with all of my friends and even make some new ones. But, of course, Dipper would always come around.

It wasn't like I didn't like him, he was definitely hot, but sometimes, he took things way too seriously.

"She's looking at it, she's looking at it!" Gideon whispered as he hid behind the plastic, potted plant.

I glanced up from where I was mopping the floor and let out a groan. There was a girl standing by a kiosk of postcards.

"Oh geez, Gideon." I shook my head and let out a sigh. "You're crazy."

"Oh c'mon." He turned and smiled at me. "It's not bad, I just wanna get to know her."

"Then why don't you go talk to her?" I rolled my eyes. "Y'know, like a normal person."

He shrugged and went back to stacking bobbleheads on a shelf.

I looked around the shop to make sure no one was ready to checkout. But when my eyes moved to the counter, I saw Robbie staring right back at me.

"Why are you staring?" He looked up from his magazine.

"I wasn't staring." I scoffed and walked toward him. "I was just making sure you did your job correctly."

"I always do my job correctly." He remarked.

"You're weird, Robbie." I chuckled and went back to working.

"I do my best." He set down his magazine. "I'm gonna go on break now, you think you could handle the resister, Y/n?"

I nodded and watched him as he left. That guy was the most chill person I'd met when I'd first arrived in Reverse Falls. Gideon was girl-crazy, Pacifica always seemed to be paranoid (not that that was bad!), and Wendy Valentino was slightly scary.

I moved behind the counter and hummed to myself. The girl, who found Gideon's weird note by the postcards, finally decided what she was buying and came by me at the counter.

As soon as I rang her up and bagged her items, she was out the door. The day was going super slow and the Mystery Shack wouldn't be closing until 9:00. I groaned and laid my head on the counter.

A bell rang announcing the arrival of a new customer. My head shot up like a rocket because I couldn't afford to be caught sleeping on the job.

I wished I'd never looked. There he was, in all of his glory. The guy who'd made my life miserable every since I'd gotten in this dump of a town; Dipper Gleeful.

He looked around the shop, occasionally scoffing at a various amount of items, before finally plucking up a snow-globe with a small version of the Mystery Shack in it.

He made his way oh-so-casually toward me and the counter and grinned when he saw me.

Great, I thought. He's going to insult me about everything.

I silently rang him up and bagged his single item. "That'll be 4.67." I said, trying to maintain my happy, customer-friendly tone.

He pulled out his wallet and handed me a crisp five dollar bill. I took it from him and put it in the register.

"Keep the change." He smirked widely at me. "I know you need it."

I was fuming. He always said stuff like that to me, making rude remarks about my home life and how I wasn't as rich as him, but who really was?

Sick with rage, I tossed the 33 cents at him and swiftly handed him the bag. "Take it," I said, my voice dripping with sarcasm. "I don't need your money, Gleeful."

A frown ran across his face.

"I dunno why you think I need it, sure, I'm not as rich as you are, but who really is?" I demanded. "Also, I'm fine with the way my life is, I don't need your fake help!"

He glanced down slightly. "I saw you."

"What the hell do you mean, you saw me?" I asked.

"I saw you talking with Robbie." He explained, his eyes meeting mine. "He was flirting with you."

I snorted and shook my head. "No he wasn't, he's being friendly, more friendly than you."

"Damnit, Y/n." I growled. "I saw him flirting with you, I can also read minds, Y/n, so I know exactly what he was thinking about you." He hissed.

I turned away from his very hot gaze and bit my lip.

"Look at me, Y/n." He commanded, and when I didn't, he reached over the counter and snatched my wrist.

I yelped and tried to pull away but he didn't let go. "I said, look at me."

I began to shake as I looked back at him. His eyes were burning with an unearthly flame. "No man is every allowed to think about you, hell, they're not even allowed to look at you."

"Why the hell do you care?" I exclaimed. "All you ever do is insult me, make me cry, and then repeat. It's the same damn cycle all over!"

"You don't understand, Y/n." He didn't even let go of my wrist. "You're. Mine."

"What?" I gasped.

"You heard me, Y/n." He said. "You're mine, no man can have you. You're mine."

"How am I yours?" I asked, quietly, losing a bit of my anger in my state of confusion.

"You just are." He leaned closer to me. "Now you know that Robbie can't be your friend, you can't see him."

I stayed silent in hopes that he was joking. That any minute, one of his sleezeball friends would pop up and start making fun of me again.

But no one showed up. That meant he was serious.

"Do you understand?" He pushed a piece of my h/l c/h behind my ear, his voice was so soft. It was hard to believe that he'd just been yelling a minute ago.

In my terrified state, I nodded slowly.

"Good girl." Dipper leaned closer to me and kissed my forehead. "If I see you talking to him," he started to walk away without finishing his sentence.

"You'll what?" I finally found out how to breathe and asked.

"You don't want to know." He looked over his shoulder at me and gave me a sly smile. "See you around, Y/n."

_________
Hope you guys enjoyed this one! I'll be trying to write more of these as fast as possible!

-Kaori Miyazono <3

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro