Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

“Mr.Diaz, class ended.” The English teacher,Ms.katherine, called out . I cleared my throat as my eyes scanned around to see the class empty. I took a look at my watch. It was still 1:00pm. Earlier than usual.  “Yeah uh I will collect my books and leave right now.” I informed giving her a warm smile. When she left I pulled my phone out of my pocket to see a text message floating on the screen.

Dad: I am gonna be a couple minutes late

I sighed as I fetched my poetry notebook from under the desk. Might as well do something.

I haven't wrote poetry since a long time and I couldn't find any inspiration right now. My eyes peeked out the window but all I could see is a flock of birds searching for food across the grass. I tried to form some stanzas about nature in my head but I failed once again. Hmm maybe it's just not a good time to write. Maybe I can write next week after my mother's death anniversary, it will help me get out of the gloomy sad mood. I closed the notebook with a thud and slid my backpack over my shoulder.

Suddenly, I heard the sound of arguing but I couldn't figure out the voices because in the same time there was the sound of metal squeaking like somebody or something is being shoved or thrown onto the harsh metal of the lockers probably. I crept outside carefully to take a glance but quickly pressed my back against a locker as my breath hitched in my throat.A knife. Someone was holding a knife. Move Mateo. Go hide.While my mind said this to me , my body stiffened and stayed stable.

After a couple of minutes, my breath was building up and becoming heavier every minute.

I heard footsteps causing friction with the ceramic floor and I held my breath hoping whoever it was won't catch me. Silence covered the place but I kept in my place just in case the person comes back. I didn't hear anything for a couple of minutes so I decided to make a move.

I was frightened from head to toe and my body might have been trembling. Instead of taking a look at the scene I tiptoed back in the classroom,grabbed my stuff, and slid out the window.

I certainly knew what to say if anyone questions me. My dad became over late and so I left for a walk before the murder took place. That's what you have to do Mateo. Protect yourself and keep your mouth shut.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro