Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The next three moons dragged on slowly. I couldn't wait to become a Delta when I turned four moons old! But the Nursery that once seemed huge, shrunk by the day.

A nice, yellow-pelted mother with green eyes named Citrus had two male pups recently. The larger of the two was named Autumn. The other, Fall, was rather weak. Both of them had mostly yellow pelts with patches of brown, red and orange. They both had green eyes, but Autumn's were more yellow.

Fall often would wander over to Mist and ask questions and play with me and my siblings.

"What's your favorite prey, Mist?"

"I personally like elk, but other day it's too tough to eat comfortably."

"I can't wait for when I can eat my own prey!" Fall exclaimed. "Milk is boring!"

I overheard Citrus talking to Autumn softly. "Don't you want to go play with the other pups?"

He simply cast a glance at us, then curled himself back up. He muttered something about how we weren't his friends, and we didn't play with him.

She said something about us, but I didn't hear.

"Hey, Leopard, could we take a walk around the den?"

I sighed. Fall was a good friend, but it was hard being patient with him. He was too slow, and had a hard time keeping up. But I nodded, and hauled myself up.

He bounded on every leaf and blossom that moved, so it took us longer than it should have. But I could tell he was happy. His moss green eyes shined with curiosity and happiness.

We passed a blue she wolf named pond with emerald green eyes. She had moved in the nursery not too long ago, and her belly was swollen with pups.

"How are you today, boys?"

"Good." I said routinely.

"Great!" Fall bursted, wagging his tail. "I can't wait to become a Delta!"

She laughed a little. "Well, carry on."

We finished our walk, saying hello to the mothers. Once we got back to Mist, me, Dawn, Fire and Fall started hitting a rock around. We started by simply batting it to each other with our paws, but we each added rules now and then to make the game more fun.

After a while, we got tired of it. Fall kept getting hit with the rock, and the sun was starting to lower.

With the last bits of sunlight, we laid by our mothers and tried to fall asleep. I couldn't get comfortable, though.

By the time I could see glittering stars through the branches of the den, I was starting to get tired. I slowly lost a sense of the warm bodies around me, and of the calm but cooling presence of the starry pelt on my back.

Bright colors swirled and danced on the foliage as I walked through the thick forest. Colors I had never seen before flooded my gaze; colors that I am sure Natural eyes could not see. The amazing hues cover trees, leaves, flowers and tree bark. Below me, a deep midnight black with glittering stars made shape of a path. Over my head, an infinite ocean of black, Beautiful stars, and colorful nebulas cast above forever. It felt like there was no air pressure on my head; as if I was floating. My copper and black pelt seemed enhanced with the colors, but I was dull compared to the rest of the scenery. My blue eye cast wonderful light softly around my face.

I walked on, gazing in wonder at the amazing hues and shades all around me. The sounds around were like wind blowing through the trees, but more beautiful. The sounds mixed together in a hypnotizing but peaceful lullaby.

A tall, male wolf with thin but strong limbs approached me. The had long fur that tousled in the breeze. His pelt was starry, and the bright mahogany oranges that should have been his fur seemed like trapped nebulas. His eyes were like two glowing light bugs, one blue and the other brown.

Have you strayed too far, little one?
A deep, rhythmic voice ringed through the clearing.

I looked up, alarmed despited the welcoming and calm voice. The male hadn't moved his lips.

"I don't know where I am." I said, but my voice was quiet.

He smiled. Don't be alarmed. For you have only reached your mind to the lowest regions of the starry pelt. It is normal for bonded souls to wander here, but I have rarely met ones as young as you.

"Bonded souls?" I asked.

When a creature's soul and their bodies are joined. When you die, your spirit leaves you and comes to the starry pelt, or spirit world as some call it.

Some have a weaker connection to their bodies if they are ready to die or sick. There are some who even have a strong connection between both, like you. As most double eyes wolves do.

"What does double eyes have to do with it? And why did I find you here? Are you a spirit?"

He flicked his tail. Double eyes signifies a link between the two known domains. It isn't necessarily bad; just different. I know you're situation; I had a similar one, being the alpha's son.

"You were the alpha's son?!" I barked, my voice filled with awe.

He chuckled. It's not all that glorious. It was really hard with me being a double eyed.

The world's colors started to move slowly. The colors seemed to fade away to darkness, and the stars twinkled out.

It's time for you to return with your body, little one. May your hunting be plentiful.

"Wait!" I barked, holding my tail out. "Will I see you again? What's your name?"

As he turned around, and the colors really started fading, I heard a faint whisper in the breeze. I was floating high up in the sky, gazing at the stars below. I had a falling feeling in my gut, and the ground started to approach me. I could see the camp, and then the nursery. I fell silently through the branches, then landed on all fours. My paws were invisible, and the dirt below was dull and dark. I spotted Mist, then padded to her. My body was lying there, stone still. I walked right through myself, and my body started to join with me.

I woke up with a start as a warm rush flooded through me. I realized what had happened; I had left my body.

Senses of boredom, panic, and discomfort came back to me. Oh, being in the spirit world felt wonderful!

But I didn't belong there; I belonged on Earth.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro