Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Wow it's been forever since I updated this.

Gotta admit that I forgot about it.

Tw: Slight violence, implied nudity, scenes that could be taken as sexual.

"So why are we on Tatooine?" Howzer sighed heavily as they walked asked off the ramp onto the desert sand.

"I have to get a new ring. I lost mine." Leila examined her bare finger. "How else am I supposed to act like I'm married?"

"Why do you have to pretend you're married?" Howzer questioned, trudging along in the sand behind her. "It seems pretty stupid to me."

"Yeah well your haircut seems pretty stupid to me. I'm not taking you to a barber, so what happens when it starts to grow out?" Leila tied her jacket around her waist. "It's just gonna turn into a mullet."

"Normally I wouldn't have to worry about that sort of thing, since I'm not usually kidnapped," Howzer grumbled. He glanced back at the ship and debated whether he should try to make a run for it before turning back to Leila. "And are we just gonna walk in the desert for hours?"

"Yes," Leila simply responded. "Now stop complaining."

Howler clenched his jaw, but trailed after her without another word. He kicked a pile of sand and let out a heavy sigh. "Why do you pretend to be married? It's not like I'm going to tell anyone."

Leila touched her bare finger and ran her tongue along her front teeth. "It's easier to hide."

"I don't quite understand," Howzer admitted. 

Leila glanced over her shoulder and studied his face. Something he didn't recognize flashed in her eyes and she faced forwards again. "Lots of women wear rings so they don't get harassed. And for me, it's important that I don't get married. If people think I'm married already, they won't, like, force me into it or something."

Howzer's eyebrows pulled together. "Why would someone do that?"

Leila shrugged. "I may or may not be the sole heir to a massive fortune."

"And yet you're a bounty hunter? And also a teacher?" Howzer stared at her incredulously. "You have the money to do anything you want!"

"Yeah. And this is what I chose." Leila's expression shifted into a guarded one. "Do you have a problem with that? Because I could always slap it out of you."

Howzed swallowed. "Nope. No problems here."

"That's what I thought." Leila squinted and grinned. "Look. There's the town."

So they suffered a little longer under the sun with the burning sands shifting beneath their shoes until they finally reached the town. Howzer assumed someone would ask him if he was okay, considering he was wearing binders, but no one batted an eye.

Leila placed a hand on his shoulder and steered him into a tan building with holes and scratches covering the walls. As soon as they entered the establishment, Howzer blinked in surprise before his entire face lit up.

A strip club. She brought him to a kriffing strip club.

"Have a seat while I deal with some business, 'kay?" Leila sweetly 'asked' as she shoved him into a booth. She grinned at his red cheeks. "Oh, have you never been to a strip club before? Is that why you're blushing?"

"No."

Leila patted the top of his head. "Whatever you say, darling."

His face turned even redder and he looked away, hoping that the dim lights would hide it from others. "Just finish up so we can leave."

"Will do," Leila cheerily said before bouncing away, heaving to a woman nursing a drink in the corner.

Howzer eyed the door, debating whether he should make a run for it. He eventually stood, checking to make sure Leila was still occupied. He bolted and finally escaped-

The collar of his top was grabbed and he was spun around. His eyes widened in surprise before he narrowed them at Leila. She smiled cheekily at him before called backwards as he brought his fists up to her face.

She immediately grabbed fell, fingers tightening on his shirt, bringing him down with her. He fell atop her and she started to wiggle to get out.

"Since I've got you here, we should talk about the cuffs." Howzer pressed them against her throat. "If you don't mind, doll."

"I do mind." Leila's knee shot up and she caught his abdomen. He curled inwards slightly, and she pushed him off, rolling out from under him. "They'll stay on, darling."

Someone cleared their throat, and Howard glanced up at the woman Leila had been talking with. She had her arms crossed and looked unamused. Her hair was shaved down to her skull and her arms were big enough to know not to cross her.

"Oh, I forgot to introduce you two." Leila stood up and dusted herself off. She didn't offer Howzer a hand, not that he would've taken it. "Howzer, this is Res'lo. Res'lo is a business associate of mine. Res'lo, this is Howzer. He's a friend."

"Prisoner," Howzer corrected. "Please help me."

Res'lo smirked. "You're right, Leila. He really is funny."

"I know." Leila pinched Howzer's cheek. "My husband is so silly."

"What?" Howzer frowned.

Res'lo grinned at him. "Your wife is lovely. And I was very amused at the story of your little bet. No one can beat her in a staring contest."

"That's why he's in binders," Leila added. "That was the deal when we played."

"Help me," Howzer pleaded. "She kidnapped me."

Res'lo threw her head back and laughed. "Come along, my friends. I'll get you sorted." 

She led them back inside and into a back room that resembled an office. She settled behind the desk and threw her feet up on it, leaning back into her chair.

"Thanks a lot for agreeing to humour me," Leila said, smiling brightly. "I know it's short notice, but that ring was very important to me."

"And you just lost it?" Res'lo cocked a brow. 

Leila grimaced. "I know. But do you think you could make an exact replica? I have a photo."

"Sure." Res'lo drummed her fingers on her desk. "But why that specific ring? I have lots of extras that are cheaper, too."

"It has some sentimental value." Leila gave her a strained smile. 

"Okay, then. Give me two rotations, and I'll have your ring." Res'lo fixed her gaze on Howzer. "And it was nice to meet you."

"Help me," Howzer murmured as Leila dragged him from the room.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro