Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

L

It's one in the morning when I make my way up to Jungkook's window, wondering if he was still awake.

My baby boy.

My fingers grip the edge of the glass pane as I get there easily, pulling it open softly. The moonlight spills behind me, and spills into his dark room.

He's asleep. A smile dances on my lips when I slip into the room, about to reach over and touch him when my entire body freezes.

Blood.

Dried tracks of red cover the side of his pale face, showing between his dark hair. When I pull the covers from his body, I find it stained with dull scarlet.

And his body— his body is ravaged. Deep cuts are carved into his chest, with painful slashes on his sides. There's bruises everywhere, covering the skin with darkness where red isn't.

And when my eyes finally land on the long scar, starting from the right corner of his dry, chapped lips and stretching almost to his jawline, I lose it.

I'm going to murder that fucking man.

With my entire body trembling with fury, I slowly move off of his bed. My eyes fix on his closed door, picturing that somewhere in this house, the person who'd done this to Jungkook was sleeping peacefully with his wife.

And at that moment, I don't care. I don't care about the consequences, or any of the alternatives.

I was going to kill both of them.

"Min..."

Then a cold hand wraps weakly around my wrist. My chest falls in rapid breaths when Jungkook tugs me back, shaking his head with desperation in his warm brown eyes.

"Min, don't." He whispers, and I laugh bitterly.

"Jungkook, let go."

"I can't." His voice slightly trembles, and I look over to see him crying. "You're going to go to my father. Min, I don't want anything to happen to you. Please."

"Let. Go."

The anger just comes back harsher when I see one of his eyes only half-open, darkened with a bruise. A hit to his face.

"I can't. I won't." A soft growl escapes my clenched teeth when he shakes his head wildly. "You can't go. Just stay here with me, Min. Please."

"....."

I sigh, rubbing harshly at my temples. Finally I have enough control back on my temper, and I feel Jungkook's hand go slack from relief when he realizes that I was going to stay.

"Thank you." He whispers, his voice small from the pain. I purse my lips, nodding with my head turned to the side.

I had to calm down first before I looked back at him, or I might just lose it again.

And Jungkook needed me now.

JUNGKOOK

My face lights up when she comes back through the window, a bag slung over her shoulder. She silently takes out a thick roll of bandage from inside, her touches gentle as she helps me sit up.

Everything hurts, but seeing her makes me forget.

When she'd first seen me, I'd been terrified with the expression that she had on her face. If I hadn't held onto her, she would've killed my father, I know.

And then I'd never see her again.

"Thanks for listening." I say quietly, but she doesn't answer. I can feel her hands tighten slightly for a second before relaxing again, continuing with the bandages.

But when I peek over in her direction, I'm shocked.

She has tears in her cold gray eyes.

"Min!" I yelp, turning around quickly. Her hands drop to her sides, and I hurry to hold them in my own. "Why are—"

"I'm not." She cuts off, slipping a hand out and wiping her eyes. But even when she pulls away, I can still see them slightly glossed over.

I swallow back my words. Pressing my lips together, I pull her tightly to my chest. My arms hurt, but I don't— can't care about as I touch my chin to her shoulder and softly rest my head against the side of hers.

"I'm not done, Jungkook."

"What?"

"Your bandages." She murmurs, and I hurriedly release my hands from her back, expression shy. "They're not done yet."

But for some reason she doesn't let go, even though I have already. I feel her fingers tighten, the tips digging softly into my back.

"Jungkook, if you asked me to do it—" She whispers, voice slightly thin but firm nonetheless. "I'd take the world and place it down at your feet, you know that."

"Min...."

"So if you want that man gone, tell me now."

My breath seizes. My hand shivers, and I feel the pain come back in waves. And I remember the person who'd caused all of it.

"I.... I do."

Her hands loosen, and in an instant she breaks out hold. My eyes widen, and I quickly tug her body back to my chest.

"I do," I stutter, lips barely moving. "But I also don't want you to go. Don't do this for me, Min. Don't take it all on yourself."

"I will."

"I know." I breathe out, looking at her dark gray eyes. "But I'm fine. I—"

Then she suddenly moves back. Her eyes are wide now, wide in anger as she scans my entire body.

"This, Jungkook. You think this is fine? You think you're okay?"

Fury fills every part of her beautiful face, her scarlet lips twisting together. She runs her fingers a bit roughly up against my forearm, and I can't help the painful whimper that escapes my mouth.

"Look at this."

Tears sting at my eyes when she forces my sleeves up, showing the scars that cross over my pale skin. There's more red than white, my upper arms covered with bandages.

"I-I didn't mean it like that. It looks worse than it really feels, I—"

"I'm not okay." She whispers, her voice quiet. She grazes my bruised cheek with her hand, and my throat blocks up as I look into her eyes. "I'm not okay seeing you like this."

I break.

The tears I'd been holding back stream down my cheeks, and I gasp, embarrassed that this was happening. I'm about to wipe them quickly when she pulls down my hands, folding them into hers.

"It's okay to cry, baby."

"T-This is just..." I stutter, looking at her with wide, teary eyes. Then I look down again on the bed, voice weak. "That wasn't supposed to happen, it's just that— I'm supposed to be strong for you."

She laughs softly, and I swallow as I look up at her.

"So precious, hm?" She whispers, tracing my lips. "You don't need to do that, Jungkook. Cry whenever you want to— do whatever you want to. You deserve it."

"Whatever— I want?"

"Whatever." A slight smile ghosts on her lips, turning into a bit of a smirk. "I'll allow you. And I'll let you, or help you. Whichever you choose—"

Her voice fades off when I lift her and place her right in front of me, so her back is pressed against my chest and her legs lie on top of my crossed ones.

And then I wrap my arms around her shoulders, burying my face into the crook of her neck.

I don't need to see her signature amused, dark-eyed smirk to know that she's doing it right now.

"I had a— a babysitter when I was younger." I start, hugging her tighter. "She used to do this to comfort me whenever I cried because of my parents. And then my father fired her, and I never saw her again."

I look up slightly, but her head's pressed gently into my neck, and I can't see her expression.

"Doesn't it make you feel safe?"

"Oh, baby boy." She says softly, and I close my eyes as she runs her fingers down the line of my jaw. "You just continue to surprise me over and over again, don't you?"

Then I open my eyes to see her unreadable expression, and tilt my head in question.

"What's wrong, Min?"

"Well," She says, and the memory of hearing that man say that she was extremely possessive flickers through my mind when she licks her bottom lip.

"I don't like hearing about other women come out of your lips. And especially more when I hear that they've touched you."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro