[018] crazy things

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

[018] crazy things

Suki was in and out of sleep, overcome with visions and warnings. By the time Suki woke up, however, she couldn't seem to remember much of them. All she could remember was fire and sharp teeth which seemed to shine in the moonlight. Suki knew that it had something to do with the girls' trip further into the wilderness in search for help. It was practically impossible in the weakened state she was in, but Suki wanted to try and help anyway, preparing to get up and leave. Although she had no clue where they had gone, Suki was hoping to have her mom there to guide her when it was all said and done.

But, of course, Courtney would be there to stop her.

"And where do you think you're going? You need to be resting," Courtney frowns, looking at Suki still struggling to get up.

"I need to go and find a way to the others. I need to warn them. The trip is a mistake - don't you get that? It won't let us leave," Suki insisted with a dry laugh, brushing her hair away from her face in irritation. It had been sticking to her face due to sweat and she felt like she was burning alive just being trapped inside of this cabin.

Her throat was dry, and her head felt like it was pounding on top of her feeling like someone had lit her entire body on fire. Although Suki was weak and feeling absolutely miserable, Suki still wanted to give the message to Taissa and the others before something terrible ended up happening to all of them.

Courtney laughs, although Suki was freaking her out a little. "You're joking, right? You have no idea where they went, and you can barely walk in your condition. You're not going anywhere."

"I have to go, Courtney! I need to warn them." Suki insisted, making Courtney scowl.

"No. What you need to do is stay here," Courtney remarked, not backing down.

Lottie noticed the commotion and decided to see what was going on. "Suki, what happened?"

"Something bad is going to happen to the others. I don't know which one but someone's going to get hurt. And they might not make it," Suki shakes her head.

"It's ok, Suki. I gave Van the necklace for protection. They'll all be fine," Lottie insisted. But she didn't sound too sure of it herself. Even Lottie was having doubts of her own.

"You gave her a what?" Courtney scoffed.

"Then why do I feel like something bad's about to happen? Why can't I stop dreaming about it?" Suki questioned.

"What did you see?" Lottie asks.

"Hey, that's enough. You can play Weird Psychic later. Right now, Suki needs to rest," Courtney insisted, growing frustrated with the fact that no one was listening to her.

"I just need to ask -," Lottie began to say.

"Fuck off, Lottie," Courtney cuts her off.

It's not Courtney's words that make Lottie pause. It's the way her eyes turned red in that instant, resembling a monster. Or the Devil. Lottie blinks and just like that, Courtney's eyes were back to normal. Lottie couldn't tell if she had imagined all of that or not, but she had a feeling Courtney wasn't patient enough to answer her. So she spares Suki one final look.

"You didn't need to be so mean to my friend," Suki frowned.

"If she was really your friend, she'd help take care of you instead of entertaining this bullshit. Now go back to sleep. I'll come back to check up on you in a little bit," Courtney insisted.

Suki sighs but ultimately relaxes, lying back down. As much as she wanted to help, her body was fighting against her. She was only getting worse, and Suki had no clue as to why. At this point, Suki was convinced that the wilderness was making her sick or somehow allowing her to be sick. But why? Hadn't she done everything It told her to?

Humming Hush Little Baby, Courtney was busy carrying a bucket of water back to the cabin. Although it was getting late and the sky was growing dark, Courtney wasn't afraid of wandering on her own. She knew the way back and forth to the cabin and Courtney was convinced she was probably the scariest thing in the woods. She needed more water to keep on making tea. She felt as though she was making progress with Suki and if she was ever going to get her to love her again, Courtney had to continue on taking care of Suki. Did Courtney know that what she was doing was so wrong and twisted? Of course. But love made you do crazy things, didn't it? And Courtney was fucking insane for Suki.

As she continued walking, she'd suddenly be approached by Nat. Courtney stops singing, giggling in surprise when she notices Nat glaring at her.

"You nearly scared me," Courtney chuckled. "What do you want?"

"Suki doesn't look good. At all," Nat remarked.

"Wow, thank you for stating the fucking obvious. Now are we done here?" Courtney rolled her eyes, setting the bucket of water down.

"No, we're not done. Whatever you're doing isn't working and she's getting worse. She might die," Nat argued. 

"What I'm doing is working absolutely fucking fine. Now stay out of it," Courtney warned.

"You're doing something to her, aren't you? I know you are. You're crazy," Nat accused her.

Courtney glares at her. "Watch your mouth, skank."

"Or what? What are you going to do?" Natalie chuckled.

Courtney shoves Nat onto the ground, watching as she hissed in pain after. She'd end up cutting her arm on a sharp branch, a little bit of blood beginning to form. Courtney steps closer to her, towering over Nat who could only stare at her with a mixture of anger and fear.

"I'll make your life a living hell. That's a promise, Natalie," Courtney stated calmly, picking up the bucket after.

And with that, Courtney walked away to go and meet up with Misty. It seemed as though she'd need to up the dose and keep Suki bedridden a little while longer.

Natalie immediately got up, rushing back to the cabin where Suki still was. She perked up at the sight of Natalie while the blonde frowns at the sight of her. She looked pale, as though the life was slowly being drained out of her. And what made Natalie even more upset was that she suspected Courtney's psychotic ass to be the cause of it.

"Nat, what's wrong? Are you worried about the others too?" Suki questioned.

"I need to talk to you now," Nat insisted.

"What?" Suki asked, her eyes moving down to the cut on her arm. "What happened with your arm?"

"Haven't you ever wondered why you started getting sick out of nowhere?" Nat asked, ignoring Suki's previous question.

"No," Suki admits. If anything, she assumed that it had been the wilderness making her this way. But for what reason? Suki tried her best to understand that along with the rest of her dreams and visions.

"Isn't it obvious? It's Courtney. I think she's the one making you sick. This all started when she gave you that weird tea. I think it's the same one Coach Scott was drinking before he got sick. Something seriously fucked up is going on and Courtney's behind it all," Natalie insisted.

"Are you trying to say that Courtney's the one making me sick? But... but why would she do that to me? She wouldn't...," Suki argues, desperate to try and believe her own words. But the more she thought about it, the more sense it made. When Suki thought about it, she had been feeling fine right up until Courtney had given her special tea. And Suki remained sick as Courtney continued to give her more and more of it.

It was all Courtney.

"Whatever you do, don't drink it," Natalie warned before she gets up, leaving to go before Courtney noticed the two of them together.

And it'd be on good timing because Courtney would come back, a small smile on her lips. Her smile grows when she sees Suki, totally oblivious to the fact that Suki had caught on to her plan. All thanks to Natalie.

"Hey, you. I didn't think you were going to be awake just yet. But perhaps, it's for the best. I made you some more tea," Courtney says, holding out the piping hot cup for Suki to take.

"You did?" Suki asks but she didn't reach over for the cup like she normally would have. In fact, she was staring at the cup like it was filled with worms.

"Yeah, drink up," Courtney insists and Suki swallows hard before taking the cup from Courtney.

"I will. Do you... think you can get me something from outside? There were some flowers out there and I'd like to keep them with me," Suki replied. It was a really shitty lie, but she needed something to keep Courtney distracted while she figured out what to do next.

"What? I didn't see any flowers anywhere," Courtney frowned.

"They were out by the front. Just check for me," Suki persists.

"Fine, Queen Suki," Courtney teased.

As soon as Courtney left, Suki got up and used the little bit of strength she had left to dump out the tea and get back into her cot before Courtney came back. The entire time Suki went back and forth, the room felt like it was spinning, and she swore she could see a tall shadow watching her from the corner of her eye. Of course, nothing was there, and Suki took a deep breath the moment she was able to sit back down and get her bearings again. As much as Suki wanted to hold onto doubt, she still wanted to protect herself at the same time.

"I didn't see any flowers anywhere. I think you just imagined it," Courtney huffed.

Suki forces a laugh past her lips. "Yeah, I probably did. I'm sorry."

"It's okay. Oh, you finished your tea already?" Courtney looked inside, noticing that the cup was empty.

"I was really thirsty," Suki reasoned.

"Well, that's good. I know I've been a little harsh lately but... I only want what's best for you. I just want you to get better so we could be able to go back to how we used to be. Do you understand?" Courtney insists.

"I understand completely," Suki nods as she plasters a smile onto her lips, one that was convincing enough for her.

Courtney smiles, leaning forward to kiss Suki on the forehead. Suki closes her eyes and releases a shaky breath as Courtney pulls away from her.

"Do you think I'll feel better soon?" Suki inquired.

"I'm sure you will. Just as long as you follow my orders. Nurse Courtney's going to take good care of you," Courtney insisted, stroking Suki's cheek.

Suki just smiles but, on the inside, she just knew that Natalie had been telling the truth. Her own girlfriend had been poisoning her, pretending to take care of when she was really continuing to harm her. And now that Suki had learned the truth, she couldn't keep acting like nothing was happening. She would have to do the one thing she had always been afraid of since she had become best friends with Courtney.

She'd have no choice but to confront her.

When Courtney moved away, Suki could see her mom, except that she looked like the way she did before. She looked as though she had stepped right out of the lake, a scared and worried look in her gray and slightly bloated face. She nods at Suki, seemingly giving her the courage to do what she had to do. Suki nods but then Courtney walks ahead of her and then her mom vanishes, leaving Suki alone to do what she had no choice but to do.

(🌲🔪🦌)

word count: 2035
notes: ooh looks like suki's finally realizing what's going on and a confrontation can't be too far behind. at least her real mom's slowly beginning to come through but the wilderness isn't going to let it be so easy

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro