[033] spy team

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

[033] spy team

Courtney managed to make herself right at home, acting as though the house was theirs. As crazy as it sounded, it seemed as though she had already managed to put her own personal touch on it. Worst of all, Suki had quickly grown... used to it. It was as though Courtney truly hadn't left.

But Suki was determined to keep her guard up, focused solely on figuring out whoever it was that managed to send the Yellowjackets ominous postcards. Suki wasn't very good at figuring out those sorts of things and she already craved for a bottle of whiskey to kill her future migraine. But Courtney's mind was running rampant, convinced that the supposed reporter was involved. Even if that were the case, they'd have no clue about where to find her. Or at least, that's what Suki originally thought.

However, Courtney already had a plan for that one too.

"We have been out here for two hours now and there's no sign of her anywhere," Suki groaned. "This isn't a fucking James Bond movie, you know."

Courtney rolled her eyes. "I'm more than aware of that. But she seems to hang around this area a lot and besides, she's bound to turn up sometime. I can feel it."

"And if you're wrong?" Suki asked, raising a brow.

"Then I'll find a way to make it up to you," Courtney replies, looking at her ex with a smile. "Cross my heart and hope to die."

Suki scoffs, ignoring the unwanted warmth that floods her chest at the look Courtney gives her. She looks away instead, glancing at the little coffee shop she and Courtney were forced to watch. Apparently, Jessica came here often so they figured they'd wait till she showed up and decided to tail her. They'd follow her until they figured out where she lived and go from there.

But as Suki kept on looking, she'd suddenly feel the hairs on the back of her neck stand straight up. Her heart sinks - an all too familiar feeling - and she watches as a person begins walking across the street. But as they were walking, a figure began to emerge. It was hard to make out who it was at first but when Suki saw who it was, she can't hold back the gasp that leaves her lips. She'd be able to recognize that pair of dark, sad eyes anywhere.

"Travis?" Suki asked aloud.

Courtney frowns when she hears the all too familiar name, looking around for any sign of him. But, of course, there wasn't any. "Travis? What are you talking about?"

"He was...," Suki trails off, realizing that he was no longer there. Granted, it had been over two decades since she had seen him last. Maybe it could've been a guy that resembled an older version of him. But Suki couldn't shake the feeling that she had definitely seen him. "Nevermind."

"Since we're waiting for Jessica to come out, we might as well talk about something important," Courtney reasoned with a shrug. "Like... all the women you slept with to try and get over me."

"Are you serious?" Suki raised a brow.

"I think it's a good conversation to have! Was there a favorite of yours?" Courtney asked. Misty had reported to Courtney over the years and while none of the women ever lasted long, it still upset Courtney that there had been other women to begin with.

"Only one. Are you happy?" Suki snapped.

"Was she better than me?" Courtney asked.

"I am not having this conversation with you right now," Suki shakes her head, sighing.

"She wasn't, was she? Did you have to pretend that she was me just so you could -?" Courtney began to say.

"I think I see her!" Suki cuts her off.

Courtney looks over towards the front, smiling when she saw none other than Jessica herself. "There we go. I told you this wouldn't be a complete waste of time! Now let's just see where her car is so we can tail her."

While Courtney was focusing on Jessica, Suki's gaze soon landed on a familiar figure. One that was freshly familiar to her. Trailing after Jessica was Suki's last one night stand, Victoria. The two appeared to be close, talking with one another like they were good friends. Suki felt confused and most of all, betrayed by someone she had momentarily let her guard down with.

Was their run-in at the bar a total coincidence after all?

"What's up with you? This is supposed to be good news," Courtney remarked.

"I recognize the woman she's with. We...," Suki trails off. Although she didn't finish the sentence, Courtney quickly caught on to what was going on.

Courtney raised a brow. "Really? Well, that's a severe downgrade, if you don't mind me saying. Not only is she basic but she's working with the enemy."

"I wasn't aware of that when we were hooking up!" Suki argued.

"You couldn't bother to ask about her occupation post orgasm?" Courtney frowned.

"No, guess it slipped my mind. Fuck!" Suki holds her head in her hands, groaning.

"Hey, it's perfectly fine," Courtney says, resting her hand on Suki's back to comfort her. "As long as you didn't tell her anything personal, we're good. She only slept with you to try and win your favor. I know it's horrible but -."

"We don't know if that's the case. Maybe she had no idea who I was," Suki reasoned. And yet she wondered if she was convincing Courtney of the fact as well as herself.

"You're joking, right? You're one of the Yellowjackets who survived. And you have one eye. It's hard for you to not be recognized. Face it, Suki. You were used," Courtney shakes her head. She was always blunt with Suki, telling her the truth even when she didn't want to hear it.

And now was no exception.

"How come I haven't seen her again? I left her in the morning and I haven't heard from her since. If she was really trying to investigate me, she would've followed after me after that," Suki argued.

"Either she's really shitty at her job. Or... she's just waiting for the right moment to coincidentally run into you again and then act happy to see you before asking for another date. Maybe after date three, she'll bring up the fact that she randomly saw you in an article and start asking questions. Wake up, Suki," Courtney stated, scoffing afterwards.

"Shut up. I think you're just jealous," Suki narrowed her eyes at the blonde.

Courtney laughs. "If you don't believe me, then you'll just have to see for yourself."

Suki frowns, watching as the two women got into the car together and drove off. Courtney prepared to start the car but Suki placed a hand over hers at the very last minute. Courtney frowned as she turned to look at her, both angry and confused.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Courtney questioned.

"I'm gonna prove you wrong," Suki remarked. "If I see her again, I'll text her. If she fails, I'll tell you that you're right and I'll never argue against you again."

Courtney grins, feeling confident that she'd be proven right. "Deal."

Courtney's phone suddenly rang and she reluctantly looked away from Suki to see who it was. Although she didn't recognize the number, Courtney decided to answer her anyway.

"Hello?" Courtney answers, chuckling when she got a response. "Hi, Misty. I was wondering when I'd hear from you again."

Suki frowns, watching as Courtney and Misty went back and forth. They were two psychotic peas in a pod, influencing each other for the worst. Suki just hated Misty in general but she wasn't going anywhere.

"You and Natalie are where?" Courtney exclaimed. "Jesus fucking Christ. I'll go and get the both of you now. Suki's with us. Oh, Suki, Misty says hi."

Suki responds with the middle finger, making Courtney chuckle.

"Yeah, Suki says hi too," Courtney replied.

Suki rolled her eye before sitting back down in her seat. She had no idea what was going on but with everything that she had just learned, her mind was spinning. Unfortunately, that meant she had no choice but to go along with the ride.

( 🌲🔪🦌 )

So that's why Natalie had forgotten to meet up with her. She was in jail. She and Misty had broken into Travis's house in search of him and ended up getting themselves arrested. For Suki, it felt weird seeing Misty and Natalie again. Suki had tried to hide away from everyone (Shauna and Misty proving to be an exception) but lately, it was as though she was going through some sort of fucked up reunion.

As the four women now left the jail and grouped together to figure out what was going on, Courtney and Natalie were bound to bump heads. Even though Courtney had basically saved their lives by bailing them out of jail.

"How long have you been back in town for?" Natalie questioned as she looked directly at Courtney, clear disdain written all over her face.

"Long enough. Nothing's changed since we've been here. Everything's exactly the same, and everyone seems to be exactly the same too," Courtney says, peering at Natalie over her designer shades.

Misty looked exactly the same, her hair wild and curly and her glasses huge. Natalie, on the other hand, had changed. Her bleach blonde hair had been back to the dark brown it had originally been. But she still chose to look grunge, dressing as she had back in the 90's. Perhaps she hadn't really changed at all either.

"Yeah. You still seem as psychotic as ever," Natalie quipped.

"I know the jailbird's not talking," Courtney snorted.

"Courtney," Suki warned.

"Was rehab not exciting enough for you? I get it. Going ten times must get dull after a while. But jail? That's a new low," Courtney continued.

"From the bottom of my heart, go fuck yourself," Natalie retorted.

"Honestly, it feels like we're back in high school all over again! I missed you so much," Misty smiles, rushing over to hug Suki.

Suki quickly pushed Misty away from her."Don't touch me. Courtney told me all about how you were following me like a stalker."

"I was just... looking out for you. It was all for a good cause," Misty reasoned.

"Wait, what are you talking about?" Natalie questioned, glancing between Suki and Misty.

Suki shakes her head, sighing. "It's a very long story."

"Did surveiling Jessica go well?" Misty asks Courtney, looking up to her. It was no different from when they were back in the wilderness. Misty looked up to Courtney like she was her God or something.

"Yes actually! We found out some interesting things. Why don't you go and tell her Suki?" Courtney responded, earning a look from Suki.

"Tell me what?" Misty blinked.

"Suki hooked up with Jessica's little pal. We saw the two of them together and basically, it's obvious that the two of them are a part of all this," Courtney remarked.

"We don't know that," Suki's quick to argue.

"Yes, we do," Courtney argued back.

"So then the only logical choice is for Suki and this mystery lady to meet up again. We need to catch her in her lies," Misty suggested, making Courtney nod in response.

"You're not using me as bait," Suki scowled, causing both Courtney and Suki to look at her.

"Hey, I'd love to hear more about this. Really, I would. But we have more important things to worry about," Natalie drawled, making everyone focus back on her.

"Travis," Suki immediately guessed.

"How did you know?" Natalie questioned.

"She thought that she saw him earlier," Courtney says, folding her arms across her chest.

"I haven't seen him in over twenty years so I'm not sure. But it felt like him. I think he's in some sort of trouble," Suki elaborated.

"Then we have to go and find him," Natalie responded.

Natalie believed her. But then again, she didn't have a choice. After everything the two of them had been through, she knew better than to doubt Suki again.

"We're going to his job to try and find him. Are you coming with us?" Misty questioned.

"No. I think it's better if we stay here. But you two can go ahead and try to find them. Courtney and I will stay here and do our own investigating," Suki shakes her head.

"We'll be sure to keep you updated. Keep being a good citizens detective," Courtney replied, patting Misty on the shoulder.

Misty beamed. "Of course!"

"See you around?" Suki asks, directing the question towards Natalie.

The woman only nods and with that, the four women parted into teams of two to go their own ways. Suki couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong with Travis and that even if Natalie and Misty found him, they definitely wouldn't like what they found.

But at the time, Suki had her own problems to worry about - such as who the fuck Victoria really was and how she played into everything.

( 🌲🔪🦌 )

word count: 2199
notes: ooohhh what do you guys think about victoria? innocent friend of jessica or is she in on the whole scheme that taissa basically set up for them with jessica? i'd love to hear your thoughts as well as the little banter between court and suki

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro