Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
.*・。. EFF IT! .*・。.
————PARCEL 9
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

A BARBIE GIRL IN
A POGUE WORLD.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀   ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
So, admittedly, Sonny never thought she'd be stood in her garage comparing rope lengths from Ed's rock climbing gear (he had a club) with John B, but there she was— standing in her garage comparing rope lengths with John B, like it was a completely normal part of her life.

Who'd have thought?

Not Sonny, that was for sure.

Then again, she'd never thought she'd be running around with Pogues, searching for the gold that was said to go down with the Royal Merchant, and moving John B into the room across from hers either.

A lot had happened over the last week.

It was like a dream. Sonny figured she'd wake up soon to none of it being real. She would go back to her life, stuck in the presence of asshole Kooks and despising it, hanging out with Topper when she didn't have an excuse to ditch him. It would be the same old routine— smoking weed, stealing the boat she loved from Tim Jones, sailing the marsh when she'd told Topper she was too busy to. And Sonny would watch as the Pogues did something in the distance, maybe scoff at the idiocy, then go about her day alone.

She used to love being alone.

Her little bubble.

She hadn't been alone in a while, she missed it sometimes. When things got hard, when the guilt got too much. Topper jumping Pope, JJ's restitution, John B falling. She wondered whether it would've happened if she hadn't been around. If she was just a bad omen.

Maybe it was all just one big sign.

"How long is twenty feet?"

Then she heard John B's voice and she realised he was the only sign worth listening to.

Sonny turned to him, rolling her dark eyes.

"Twenty feet."

His brows furrowed, nose scrunched. "Yeah, but how long is that? D'you think it's long enough for the well? Or do we play it safe and go for twenty-five?"

"Are you..." she stopped, shutting her eyes. Be helpful Sonny, she told herself. After a moment, she let out a sigh, placing a rope down as she turned to him. "How tall are you, Booker?"

Join B frowned at her.

"Does it matter?" He asked, confused.

"Would I be asking if it didn't?"

"True," John B muttered, nodding. "Like, six foot? Six foot one? Six two if I'm wearing my—"

"Six foot," she took his first answer. "Well, let's see... how many you's go into the length of that rope? 3.3 ish... so, if we think about it, do we think three of you will be the depths of that well? Probably not, Booker."

John B blinked, "Bro, you're a nerd."

"What?"

"You're a nerd, bird."

She scoffed, "No, I'm not."

"Yeah, you kinda are..." he teased, smirking.

"I'm not a nerd," she said, "Heyward's a nerd. I just show up to class. You'd know simple math too, if you didn't spend the period smoking with JJ."

"Well, you go to the Kook Academy. I'm pretty sure you're programmed to do algebra in your sleep. In poor-kid school, we didn't do multiplications until everyone in our grade was able to add six and ten," he told her, "And JJ couldn't do that until he was eleven, so..."

John B had a feeling JJ could do it, but he was just lying for years so no one had to start multiplying decimals and all that boring shit — which, really, everyone was grateful for. About as grateful as they were when he couldn't spell his real name until he was nine. JJ did a lot for them in school. He'd always been a team player.

"But what I'm hearing is..." John B raised one brow and pointed at her, "We need more rope?"

Sonny smiled, sarcastically. "A plus student."

"Ha," he mocked.

Her smile dropped as she turned back to glare down at a box of climbing ropes, trying to find one longer than his. If twenty-five feet wasn't enough, she wasn't sure the plans to drop him down were realistic.

It would be a long fall. He'd done enough of that lately.

"Sonny?"

Sonny hummed a response.

"D'you trust Benji?" John B asked her.

She looked at him with knotted brows. Honestly, Sonny'd not really thought about it.

He seemed like a good enough kid. After all, he'd helped them find the well instead of ratting them out. He'd forced Rafe Cameron away from her at Midsummers too, without her even asking him to.

He did it because he wanted to. Not because he wanted something in return.

Sonny respected that.

"I dunno. I guess?" She shrugged. She knew he was only asking because they needed a plan — whether they would tell Benji everything about the G-game or just find him later down the line and give him his cut then. For now, however, he was waiting tables at the club after making up some lie about his car breaking down. A car he didn't have. But his boss bought it and Benji had waved the group off when they left, unsure if he was one of them now. "Do you?"

John B pulled a face.

"I guess?" He echoed her words.

"Pin in it?" She suggested.

He nodded.

They had other things to do. Like find a rope, head over to the chateau with the Pogues, and iron out the creases in their plan for the Crain house.

Benji Bayview would just have to wait.

It was quiet for a while. Sonny continued to rifle through a pile of ropes, trying to figure out which was best, but they all were starting to look the same.

"Hey, bird?"

"What?"

John B cleared his throat, "Are you cool getting over to the chateau on your own?"

Sonny stopped her searching, glancing up at him. He was already looking at her. Something about his face looked kind of suspicious, like he was hiding a thing or two, and the idea made her squint at him; "Why?"

"I gotta do something first," he shrugged.

"Something?" She echoed.

John B nodded.

"What kinda something?" Sonny interrogated then snapped out of it. "Wait— why am I asking? I literally don't care," she shook her head. "As long as it doesn't involve Kiara bitching and moaning, then sure. Knock yourself out."

"Cool," John B looked surprised.

He didn't move.

"Aren't you gonna go do it, then?" She blinked.

"Uh— yeah," he nodded.

"Unless it does involve Kiara bitching and moaning?" She frowned. She watched him shuffle awkwardly, "In that case, you probably shouldn't do it."

"Pfft— me? Do something to piss off Kie?" John B faked a laugh. Sonny quirked her brow. She never said shit about pissing off Kiara. "No! I would— why would I...?"

"Real believable," she remarked.

"It's true," John B slowly shuffled towards the door, giving her an innocent grin, "Uh... later!"

With that, John B ran out of the garage and into the house. She heard him get lost a few times, not used to the size of this place, before he finally hurried out the front door and started up the twinkie. Sonny huffed. Whatever John B was doing, it would definitely piss off Kiara.

That meant he was probably going to see Sarah Cameron, so Sonny made mental note to prep herself for another Kiara Carrera explosion.

Why were they involving her again?

Sonny wasn't really sure how she felt about Sarah being in on their secret.

Sure, she wasn't happy — Sonny didn't like Sarah. Maybe not as much as Kiara, but she didn't like her all the same. As far as she was concerned, you couldn't trust a Cameron. She had learnt that the hard way.

She didn't think it was fair on Kiara either. Sarah had hurt her, somehow, and it wasn't John B's right to brush over that.

While Sonny could suffer in silence with Sarah's presence, she didn't think Kiara should have to.

John B needed to fix it.

Footsteps appeared from down the hall, and Sonny figured that it was John B back already. She snorted quietly, "Already get sick of all that Pogue, lover boy?"

"Is... is he here?"

Her gut twisted.

"Get out," she said, not even looking at him.

"Sonny— please, I— I just wanna talk to him. I want— I wanna talk to you, okay?"

"I said get out, Topper." Sonny clutched the box in front of her, fists shaking. When she heard him speak, all she could see was John B falling. Pull it together, Sonny. "Before I do something I'll regret when I'm in a jail cell."

Topper gulped.

"Did you...?"

"Oh, relax— I didn't tell the cops," she spat, "Neither did John B, by the way. He saved your ass after you nearly killed him," again. "Now leave."

"It was an accident—" he tried.

"You pushed him!"

"No—"

"I watched you push him!" She swung around.

"He fell! It was rotten—" Topper cursed, shaking his head slowly. "I barely touched him, Sonny."

He looked tired. Like he hadn't slept.

Sonny was glad. She hoped that the sight of John B falling haunted him as much as it haunted her. She hoped he never slept again. He deserved that.

So why did seeing him that way hurt her so much?

Topper sighed.

"Can we just... talk?"

"No," she whispered, eyes fluttering shut. "Just get out. I want you to go now."

"Sonny—"

"Get out!" Her voice cracked against her best wishes, and she could feel her eyes sting. She turned away, unable to look at him any longer. Sonny wasn't prepared to cry, not in front of him. Not over him, either. "Go!"

And he did.

Topper ran out of the house before anyone heard Sonny's screams, across the yard and ducked through the gap they'd found in their fences when they were young. He ran away as Sonny slowly sank to the ground, tugging her knees into her chest. She stayed sat there for a while, lower lip trembling as the world lapsed into silence.

Pull it together, Sonny.

She hauled herself back up, pull it together.

————

True to her word, she made it to the chateau without any assistance from John B.

No other run-ins with Topper, either.

He'd clearly got the message about leaving. Unlike John B, who had somehow yet to get the message that Kiara wouldn't tolerate Sarah Cameron being involved. At least, she assumed he hadn't got it when she opened the patio door and found a familiar blonde Kook waiting on the other side, expecting to be welcomed in like she'd been told.

"Sarah Cameron?"

"Sonny Penbrook," she smiled awkwardly. "Hi,"

Sonny swung the door shut.

JJ snorted.

"Sonny!" John B hissed.

"No," Sonny shook her head, scratching at the bridge of her nose as she quickly stepped away. "I'm not dealing with that shit. Not today."

He pushed her aside and opened up the door for Sarah, a frown in his face. "Really, bird?"

"What?" She shrugged, pulling a face at him as she took a seat next to JJ. Since her brief conversation with Topper, she had been in a worse mood than usual. "I just did you a favour there. When mother nature comes back, expect a Hurricane Carrera. Category five."

Pope nodded, "Total destruction."

"She'll put Agatha to shame," JJ agreed.

"Right." John B rolled his eyes, guiding Sarah to sit at his side on the couch. "It'll be fine," he assured her, "Kie... Kie's gonna be cool with it, okay?"

He ignored the scoffs from Sonny, JJ and Pope.

Sarah didn't seem convinced, "Really? 'Cause Sonny just slammed a door in my face, so..."

John B nodded.

"She'll be cool. I swear."

Kiara wasn't cool with it.

In fact, Kiara was the total opposite of cool as she stormed around the patio with her hands waving, eyes squinted as she tried not to explode. "No effing way!"

Sonny glanced over at John B, "Surprise."

He glared at her.

"You brought her here? So what?" Kiara cocked her hip and crossed her arms. She glared at John B and he shifted under it uncomfortably, avoiding the similar look Sarah sent him from his other side. "She's in on all of this now?"

Wordlessly, John B glanced to Pope for some help. He knew Sonny wasn't going to be helpful when she'd already slammed the door in Sarah's face and seemed in a pissy mood. She was a no go. And, really, so was JJ. He'd never been the most helpful in tough situations, and since he was occupied with tapping to the tune of Another One Bites The Dust on Sonny's shoe — which had her kicking him every few of taps — while her feet sat on the arm of his chair, he wasn't going to be of any use. John B's last hope, as per, was Pope.

Super smart, always knew what to do Pope.

When John B caught his eye however, Pope didn't look like he had any answers for him at all. Actually, this once, he had no idea. He just shrugged at him.

"Look," JJ addressed the room instead, making John B feel uneasy. He wanted to believe he would help but it wasn't very likely. He gestured between the new couple, "All I care about is her cut comes out your share, man."

"Ditto," Sonny said.

John B huffed, so not helpful.

"You know, I don't remember taking a vote!" Kiara pointed out, which was true. There wasn't a vote. John B had decided to call the shots. Were votes how they usually handled all their problems? Was that even practical when they had four people voting? "This is our thing, a Pogue thing."

Sarah frowned.

"Sonny's not a Pogue," she pointed at the girl who lived a two minute drive from her.

"It's Miss Penbrook to you, bitch."

"Sonny, can you just, like, stop talking?" John B said.

She glared, "No."

"Princess is a Pogue," JJ corrected Sarah, shrugging like it was obvious, "Newly recruited."

"Sonny isn't some stuck up Kook," Kiara defended, which surprised Sonny since she was a stuck up Kook. Sure, it was a bit different, but still. Besides, while Sonny and Kiara were on okay terms, Sonny didn't expect her to shout about it from the rooftops. They weren't besties or anything. "We wanted her in on this! She already was!"

That was true.

"No one wanted Barbie involved!" Kiara said.

"I gotta say," Pope held up a hand in surrender, "I'm just a tad uncomfortable with all this."

Sonny hadn't really expected Pope to speak up. He always struck her as the suffer in silence type, but Sarah's presence definitely caused a tension, one that even Pope couldn't ignore.

John B clearly hadn't expected it, either.

He looked exasperated.

"When are you not uncomfortable?" He asked him, brows jumping to his hairline.

"I dunno," Pope narrowed his eyes, and Sonny shuffled to see him better. She liked sassy Pope. Not as much as normal Pope but it was something different, something that showed he wasn't a complete pushover. "But I rode here on the back of JJ's bike pretty comfortably."

"It's true," JJ said, "Most relaxed I ever seen him."

John B pursed his lips, "That's cute guys."

Sonny's nose wrinkled, that actually was cute. She rolled her eyes at them, somewhat fondly, and nudged JJ with a toe of her converse. He shot her a wink before they both returned their attention to the current argument.

Kiara looked pissed.

"You know— we were all extremely comfortable until you brought her," she spat at John B.

The her finally bit back.

"Stop talking about me like I'm not here!"

"Then leave!"

Sonny's lips tilted up at the corner.

She had to give it to her: Kiara Carrera was freaking good in a fight. Like, an actual pro. Sonny hoped that, if she'd ever find herself actually caring enough about something to get in a big ol' argument about it, she'd be fortunate enough to have Kiara on her side.

"I told you," Sarah scoffed, looking at John B.

"Told him what, exactly?"

There was a quiet, everyone watching in anticipation apart from John B— who, it appeared, was finally starting to realise this had all been a huge mistake and it was completely his own fault. Really, it was about time. There was literally no one else to blame. Each time there was a problem and every time they found themselves in a pickle, it was always somehow related to John Booker Routledge. No matter the time, or place, or even the people involved. It always came back to John B, whether he'd brought it upon himself or not.

"That you're a liar?" Kiara asked Sarah.

"No," Sarah shot back twice as fast. It was impressive really, even when it almost gave Sonny whiplash, "That you're a shit-talking bitch, Kiara!"

Holy shit!

Kiara tensed, "Oh yeah?"

"Yeah!"

"But you are a liar!"

"When have I ever lied to you?" Sarah yelled.

The girls continued to scream at each other while Sonny, Pope and JJ watched, heads whipping back and forth like an intense tennis match. John B could only rub his face using the one good hand he had.

JJ laughed in disbelief, "Shit!"

"Dude," Pope watched with wide eyes.

"My money's on Kie!" JJ fumbled to swipe a crinkled ten dollar bill from his dusty shorts pocket. Pope grinned widely.

"I'll take that!"

As Pope hastily reached for his wallet, willing to bet on his best friend, Sonny snorted. She sat up, "I'll give you both fifty dollars if Kiara throws hands and turns this chateau into a war-zone," she smirked.

"Deal!" They said.

"Guys," John B sighed, waving at the girls.

Kiara ignored him and pointed a finger at Sarah, "You get somebody close to you for a month—"

Sarah glared.

"I didn't lie about shit!"

"That's a lie—!"

"Everybody shut up!" John B yelled, breaking through the screaming. They fell into silence.

It was all his own fault.

Sonny debated telling him that. He already knew that, but she really wanted to write home about it, just to rub it in, but she quickly decided that awkward whistling was a better way to go about things. She could feel his glare on the side of her face as she leant back in her seat again, both arms under her head and her legs crossed.

Wow...

They really had this sibling dynamic down.

"Kie," he sighed, "You're my best friend, right?"

Kiara shrugged.

JJ's brows pinched downwards. He looked like he wanted to say something, maybe argue his statement, but swiftly decided to keep any sarcastic comments to himself. Maybe he wasn't a poster boy for social-awareness, but he knew better than to get his ass involved right now. So instead, he focused on tying and untying Sonny's shoelaces into bows and looping them around his index fingers. Just to keep busy.

John B angled his body the other way, smiling.

"And Sarah," he said, "You're..."

He chuckled.

"You're my..."

"Say it," Sarah encouraged.

"You're my girlfriend," he eventually verbalised, like it was the confession of a lifetime.

Sonny cringed.

Pope breathed heavily, "Oh... that's new."

"She's your girlfriend, now?" With an empty laugh, Kiara's lips pulled into a sarcastic smile. She leant against the railing of the patio and pretended to think, "What was all that talk? You remember, right? About how you were just using her for some information?"

Well played.

"Get a map? Cut her loose?"

Sarah's face fell, "You said you were just using me?"

John B held his forehead, lips puckered as he tried to worm his way out of this one.

"No—"

"Yeah, he did."

"Uh, okay— you actually did say that," Pope nodded, ever the truth teller. When he received a glare, he grimaced. "You said those things, though..."

"You kinda did bro," JJ shrugged.

"I believe the word was access," Sonny quoted.

"Look— love just walked in, 'kay?" John B snapped at them, a certain edge to his voice. Sonny rolled her eyes. Why did she have to even watch this car crash?

"Oh, vomit!"

Sonny pointed, "What hippie-chic said."

"I didn't expect it," John B ignored them. "It just— it just kinda happened," he shrugged his shoulders helplessly and for just a second, Sonny wondered if he truly hadn't expected it. "I'm not gonna deny it— right?"

"That's corny," Pope said.

JJ fake wretched.

"This is so awkward," Sonny muttered, covered her eyes with her forearm.

For someone who was so good at talking whenever he felt necessary, John B was absolutely terrible at romantic speeches. This whole thing was cringey and awkward, and it made her want to gouge out her eyeballs so she didn't have to watch it. Love walked in? Seriously? Those were John Booker's moves? It was pitiful, embarrassing even. Maybe it would've sounded a little better in a different situation, maybe not even then, but this wasn't the time or place. In the middle of a heated argument between friend and foe?

He really had no idea, did he?

"Look," Kiara sighed. She was tired of it. "Cut the bullshit, John B. If she's in, I'm out."

Sonny frowned.

"What?"

"Kie, I'm not doing this—"

"Yes you are," Sonny told him, "You're doing this and then you're telling her to sit her ass down."

Kiara looked shocked that Sonny had spoke up like that. It was no secret her main method of conversation was sarcastic comments and blunt words, especially when she was irritated with somebody, so it was weird to her— having Kook royalty in her corner, even as a Kook herself.

"I can't, Sonny!" John B argued, "I won't—"

"No, you are gonna decide!" Kiara nodded at Sonny.

"I mean, really?" Sonny made sure to glare at Sarah, even if it wasn't entirely her fault that John B was an idiot. "You're gonna lose your friend over a girl?"

Okay, so Sonny had said she would be able to ignore Sarah and begrudgingly deal with her presence, but if Kiara meant what she said about jumping ship, then ignoring Sarah wasn't going to fly. They needed Kiara.

Even if she was only realising that now.

"I'm very interested to know, actually," Kiara's head tilted to the side, "Me or her?"

"Both."

They all scoffed at him.

"Ooh..."

"God,"

"Went for the Hail Mary," JJ said.

"Pathetic," Sonny muttered.

Unable to listen to his bullshit any further, her lip curling to keep herself from bursting into angry tears, Kiara span on her heel and forced her way outdoors.

"It'll be cool, right?" Sarah turned to John B. When he had no adequate response for her, only gawping like a fish, Sarah sucked her teeth and glanced around. Everyone was looking, almost waiting for her to get the memo and leave. She sighed, lips pursed. "I'm gonna go..."

"Sarah, don't—"

"Gonna let y'all chat," she picked up her bag and headed to the door. She didn't look back at him. "Let me know what you guys decide."

"We will," Sonny glared.

"Thanks, Sonny..." John B muttered.

She just shrugged her shoulders defensively as John B leant back, head hitting the wall with a thump.

After a few awkward moments of silence; JJ jumped up. It was safe for him to poke fun now that the girls were gone. He wouldn't get smacked by Kiara. "I would just like to say, you handled that beautifully."

"Yeah," Pope said, "Stellar performance."

Sonny clicked her tongue against the roof of her mouth, a deep frown on her face as she walked over to the railing. She leant back against it and scoffed at John B's pouty lips. They all knew he was a total piece of work at times, but this was a next-level offence. Sonny wondered how she was supposed to survive living with him until he was eighteen and decided his time at the Penbrook residence was over (unless he decided it was good enough to stick around) and got the fuck out of her hair. She was stuck with him.

When Sonny sucked in a breath, soured face freshly blank, and turned back to look back at the three boys, she noticed a chain of beady eyes glued to her.

"The fuck are you staring at?"

"Aren't you gonna go after her?" Pope asked.

She frowned, "Who?"

His eyes flitted to the doorway Kiara walked through.

"Why?" Sonny asked him.

"'Cause that's what friends do," he looked confused, "You know, they comfort each other."

Sonny cringed, "Not really my thing."

"It's easy, princess." JJ said, "You just talk to her. Ask her if she's cool, maybe bring her to punch some Kooks and let off some steam. Tell her JB's an idiot, voila!"

"Why do I have to talk to her?" Sonny argued, "Looks like you know how to do it."

"You're a girl," he shrugged.

"Thanks for noticing."

"This feels like a girl issue. Feminism and all that," JJ ignored her bewildered look. "And you're a Pogue now, alright? Pogues help each other You did a pretty good job of defending her when Sarah was still here; so just do that again,"

"I didn't defend her," she argued.

"Sure you didn't," John B rolled his eyes. Her eyes shot an irritated look his way.

"How come I have to go clean up your mess? Can't you do your own damage control?"

"'Cause I think she'd punch me," John B replied.

"That's likely," JJ nodded.

"Hundred percent likely," Pope added. She didn't look too pleased. "Look, friends help each other in shitty times. And I don't know if you've realised, but you and Kie kinda class as friends now,"

"I never agreed to that," Sonny said.

John B sighed, "Bird, please."

"No, look, you guys don't get it." She shook her head, "I am not made for tears, okay? It makes me all itchy and rashy. They couldn't even make me cry as a baby. You should send Heyward and be done with it."

"He's reinforcements," JJ assured her, though it didn't do much to ease her discomfort. "In case you fuck up."

Sonny sighed.

She thought about it for a moment, unsure of what to do. They didn't seem like they'd budge, and she knew they were probably right, but Sonny didn't want to admit it. Friends were never her specialty.

"Do I have to?" She asked.

"I dunno," JJ shrugged, "Aren't you a Pogue?"

Sonny pursed her lips. Aren't you a Pogue? His words echoed in her head and would for days to come.

Aren't you a Pogue?

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀   ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro