Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Tw: Injuries.

She opened her eyes, squinting at the bright lights. "Wolffe?"

"He's unconscious," Stunner said as he bustled over to her side, checking her pulse. "He passed the physical, though."

"Why's he unconscious?" Karina worriedly asked, straining her neck to look at the next bed over, where Wolffe was.

Stunner gently pushed her back down. "I had to sedate him. He wasn't cooperating with me."

"Can I go now?" Karina impatiently asked.

"I want you to stay here a couple minutes until I'm sure you're not at risk of passing out again," Stunner firmly said.

Karina groaned and rubbed at her face. "I have things to do."

"I asked your commanding officer if you can have some time off," Wolffe faintly said as he opened his eyes. "He said yes."

"Was that a joke?" Stunner smirked slightly. "I think the sedation worked too well."

Wolffe groaned and threw an arm over his face. "Did I pass?"

"You sure did," Sinker told him, beaming proudly. "As soon as you feel better, you can go!"

"I gotta go make my cadets run laps," Wolffe grumbled as he tossed his legs over the side of the bed, standing up. He wobbled in place momentarily, but didn't fall.

"Don't be too harsh on them," Karina gently said. "It was an accident."

Wolffe's jaw ticked. "I'll see you at lunch."

Karina blinked in surprise. "What? We've never eaten together."

"We do now. I'm not letting you wither away overworking yourself," he sternly said. "We'll meet every meal time."

"I can take care of myself!" She bristled at his words, offended that he thought she was unable to care for herself.

"I think it's a good idea," Stunner butted in. "He clearly needs friends and you might be the only one he hasn't pissed off yet."

"He's very close to it," Karina angrily muttered.

"I have to go," Wolffe interrupted. "Don't forget, mechanic, that we're eating lunch together."

"I won't forget," Karina muttered.

Wolffe's lips thinned. "We'll see."

Wolffe realized he was late to his meeting with Karina. He groaned and rubbed his face.
He started to walk down the hallways, taking his time.

Perhaps she had already began eating.

If that was the case, he needed to hurry if he was going to have a chance of eating at the same time. If she always finished her work early, there was a chance she was often early. Maybe she had arrived early in the first place. And if she was early, Sinker or someone else would have probably found her. If they scared her off and she left Kamino-

No, she wouldn't leave without saying goodbye. Right?

Or if some shiny started to make her feel uncomfortable-

Wolffe was now sprinting down the hallways.

He burst into the cafeteria, getting a few weird looks thrown in his direction. He surveyed the room as if it were a battleground, jaw set.

She wasn't there.

Wolffe sighed and immediately felt a rush of self-disgust rush over him. What was wrong with him? He got so excited just to have lunch with some mechanic, just for her to not show up.

"Hey, Commander," Mistake greeted him. "Is something wrong?"

"No," Wolffe bit out. "I was just leaving."

"Are you sure? You looked like you were searching for something," Mistake remarked.

"I was looking for the mechanic," Wolffe quietly admitted.

"Karina?" Mistake raised his eyebrows. "She's still in the hanger. I saw her just a couple minutes ago."

Of course she was.

"Thanks, cadet," Wolffe murmured.

Mistake nodded and wandered off to Coda's table.

Wolffe set off to the hanger.

Karina squinted up through her tinted goggles as she fused the last of the-

She hissed under her breath as she pulled back her fingers after they were shocked. She groaned and pushed out from under the ship.

"It's lunch time," Wolffe said, rolling his tongue against his cheek. "And you're not supposed to be working either with your shoulder."

"Oh, I got distracted! Sorry! And the wires-" Karina tried to say, before he cut her off.

"What's wrong with your hand?" Wolffe questioned.

Karina raised her limp hand. "Weird."

He gently held it, inspecting her fingers. "What did you do?"

"I shocked myself." Kara regretted her hand. "I'm fine. Let's just go eat."

Wolffe muttered something under his breath, but led the way. He helped her grab a tray and sat across from her.

"How much longer are we on Kamino?" Karina conversationally asked.

Wolffe blinked at her. "At this time it's unknown."

Karina shoved a mouthful of the disgusting 'food' into her mouth, gagging slightly as she tried to think of another topic to discuss. "How are the cadets doing?"

"Good." Wolffe shrugged.

Karina stared at him. "That's it? I'm trying to have a conversation with you."

Wolffe's forehead wrinkled as he attempted to say something more. "Uh, Deto."

"What about him?" Karina asked.

"Is he single?" Wolffe casually asked. He didn't like the way Deto had been looking at her. Not that it was any of his business, but he had a bad feeling about that man.

"I think so. Want me to get you his comm channel?" Karina offered.

Wolffe scowled. "No. I don't want to date him. He's not my type."

Karina leaned forward. "What is?"

"I really don't see how this is relevant to anything," Wolffe sharply said.

"But it's a good bonding topic," Karina countered. "And if we're eating together all the time, we have to not hate each other."

"Already done. I don't hate you. Do you hate me?"

Karina looked away.

"What? How can you hate me?" Wolffe demanded.

"Because you won't tell me what your type is!" Karina batted her eyes at him. "Tell me!"

"Not Deto."

Karina sighed. "I already know that! Maybe I could help you find someone, if you tell me!"

"You tell me yours and I'll tell you mine," Wolffe negotiated.

"Deal." Karina held out a hand.

Wolffe shook her hand. "You go first."

Karina smiled. "Fine. I like men."

Wolffe narrowed his eyes. "I like women." He paused for a second and added, "Mostly."

"Maybe Deto is your type," Karina joked.

Wolffe pointed his utensil at her. "Don't you dare."

"I guess you'll just have to tell me," Karina teasingly said.

"Not Deto," Wolffe firmly said. "Absolutely not him."

"Hi, Karina! I'm Boost!"

"Hello, Boost," Karina warmly said. "Want to join us?"

Boost settled next to Wolffe with a grin. "Want to train with us later?"

"Us?" Wolffe quirked an eyebrow.

"Some of us are going down to train," Boost dismissively said. "I thought Karina might want to meet everyone since she joined us now."

"That sounds like a good idea!" Karina said. "I'll come!"

Wolffe narrowed his eyes at Boost.

What was he up to?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro