Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

WONDERFUL MEMES COURTESY OF Sun-fl0w3r_

Tw: Karina has baby fever, and Wolffe most certainly does not (he's lying to himself)

Wolffe was prepared. He was prepped and ready. Nothing would catch him off guard.

He had brushed up on sign language, planned out the 'fresher trips, and even had a list of activities to lead the cadets through. He was ready for whatever would come his way.

The one thing he was not ready for, however, was the kriffing mechanic that was there.

Karina. Karina was the mechanic.

"What're you doing here, Mesh'la?" Wolffe asked, the pet name slipping out.

Karina smiled brightly from her spot on the ground next to Friendly. "I took the day off to help you out. I knew you weren't the biggest fan of kids, and I am."

"That's very kind of you, Mesh'la," Wolffe said, pressing his forehead to hers.

"Are you gonna kiss?" Adult whispered, popping up between them. "Because Happy says kissing is for grown-ups only." He paused. "I'm an adult. My name is Adult. Does that mean I get to kiss people?"

"Ask Happy when he gets back," Wolffe said, already exhausted with the day.

"Why don't you introduce me to everyone?" Karina suggested to Adult.

Adult dragged her along, enthusiastically telling her about everyone. Wolffe took a short break to wonder about what Adult had said.

He and Karina hadn't kissed yet.

Was that weird? Did she think it was weird? They weren't even officially only seeing each other (not that he was seeing anyone else, and he didn't think she was dating anyone). Was she waiting for him to ask? Did she want to take it slow?

"I chose a name."

Wolffe nodded at the young cadet, crouching down to be at eye level. "Yeah? What did you pick?"

The kid signed a word that Wolffe didn't know. He said so, and the cadet spelled it out for him.

Crease.

That was his name

Wolffe frowned. "Why'd you pick that?"

Crease smiled shyly as he replied, "To honour you. Your forehead creases when you frown. You frown a lot."

Wolffe wasn't crying; he had allergies.

Allergies to the sterile environment on Kamino.

Or these kids.

Yes, that was it. He was allergic to children.

"Thank you." Wolffe pushed his frown away at replaced it with a smile. "You're a good kid. When you're older, I might let you join the 104th."

Crease eagerly nodded his head before Tricks dragged him away.

And so the day went by smoothly (aside from when Adult needed to pee like twenty times. Wolffe swears that kid has the smallest bladder ever) and they eventually ended up in the nursery again.

"Aren't they adorable?" Karina cooed as she held one of the infants in the arms.

Wolffe narrowed his eyes. "Don't get attached."

"I won't!" Karina promised, but Wolffe could see her going around and tickling all of them.

He let out a heavy sigh and punched the bridge of his nose. "Mesh'la-"

"I know! I won't get attached!" Karina assured him, switching the babies they were holding.

"Okay, because-"

"But they're so cute!" Karina softly said, gently rocking the one in her arms.

"Karina-"

"Do you want kids?"

Wolffe blinked in surprise. "Uh, I haven't thought about it."

Karina pursed her lips and returned the baby she was holding to its bassinet. She walked over to Wolffe and out her head against him and she hugged him. He tried to hug her back, but didn't want to drop the baby he was carrying.

"I just realized we haven't even talked about whether we're in a relationship," Karina said.

His heart rate went up. "Oh, really? I didn't think of that yet."

She hummed and stroked his hair. "We should probably talk about it soon."

"Okay," Wolffe agreed, leaning into her touch.

"So... I'm in if you are. To be a couple. What do you want?" Karina pulled her hand away and stepped in front of him to look at his face.

"I wouldn't hate it," Wolffe told her.

"Sounds good to me, then." Karina took the baby from his arms and gently placed it in the bassinet. She glanced over her shoulder at him. "Date night tonight? I can guarantee a kiss a the end of the night for you."

Wolffe faked a heavy sigh. "Very well." He wrapped his arms around her from behind. "And stop staring at that kid."

"But he's so cute!" Karina protested, reaching out for him.

"No," Wolffe firmly said. "Don't get too attached!"

"But what if I don't want this baby, I want a different one? In the future?" Karina carefully asked.

"As long as you don't kidnap any children, whatever." Wolffe didn't realize what she was hinting at.

"Sounds good to me!" Karina exclaimed, hugging an infant close to her chest. "I'm glad you're on board!"

Wolffe suddenly had a sinking feeling he'd agreed to something big. "Wait, what?"

Karina kissed his cheek and handed him the baby. "I'll be in my room with hot chocolate. After you're done with your shift, meet me there for our date."

Wolffe numbly nodded, still feeling unnerved.

Mando'a translations:

Mesh'la~~~~~ Beautiful 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro