Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Tw: Poison and stuff. ANGST.

Stunner was not amused.

He had an unconscious woman in his medical bay right as he was packing to leave Kamino with the 104th, and her protective boyfriend hovering over his shoulder. Along with the anxious cadets fluttering around the room.

"We're joking, right?" Stunner said as soon as he spotted the dress. "Why is she wearing that?"

"It was in the training room," Bones said. "We were using it for a simulation and-"

"The Kaminoans have that thing covered in poison." Stunner puerile out a knife. "They want to prevent clones from stealing, so they cover certain things with poisons or tracking chips."

"What the kriff," Wolffe muttered, shaking his head. "That's messed up."

Stunner hummed. "I know." He raised the knife above Karina, before Mistake gasped dramatically.

"Are you going to kill her?" Mistake questioned.

Stunner shook his head. "No. I'm getting my the dress off before she dies."

Mistake paled. "She's going to die?"

"Not if I get the dress off." Stunner shot him a sharp look. "Can I do my job now, please?"

Wolffe shooed the cadets away. "Go. Eat lunch or excercise or something."

Stunner touched the tip of the blade to the dress. "Oh, before I forget I need to tell you that there's currently people looking for her. Her parents are dead. Her parents are too. She's the only one that can rule."

"Wolffe?" Karina weakly asked as she stirred. 

He appeared at her side, placing a hand on her forehead. "Mesh'la, you're awake."

Karina dazedly stared up at him, blinking with heavy eyelids. "What happened?"

"Just a bit of poison." Stunner grinned and placed a set of clothes next to Karina on the bed. He lowered his voice and whispered something to Wolffe, who grimaced.

Wolffe quietly murmured something in return, idly making circles on Karina's forehead with his thumb.

"What is it?" Karina curiously asked.

Stunner ignored her, eyes flicking to Wolffe. 

"I'll tell you later," Wolffe promised, looking disgruntled. 

Karina slowly sat up, flashing Wolffe a grateful smile as he helped ease her up. "Am I all good to go, or was it bad poison?"

"You should be fine. It was mild." Stunner handed her a set of clothes before she stood up. "No offence, but stay out of the med bay, okay?"

"I can live with that." Karina laughed. 

Wolffe pulled Stunner aside as Karina changed. He crossed his arms. "What do you know? How bad is it?"

"Her parents were assassinated by the rebellion or something, along with her brother. The civilians won't accept leadership other than the royal family, and are trying to get her back," Stunner replied. He sighed heavily and rubbed at his forehead. "It's a mess."

Wolffe nodded his agreement. He hesitated and scratched at the scar around his cybernetic eye. "Do you think she'll want to go back? Do you think she leave us to go home?"

"I don't know. You'll have to ask her yourself. I'll let you tell her, and I'll step aside." Stunner patted his shoulder reassuringly.

Wolffe was filled with uncertainty. He knew it was a stupid fear, but he couldn't help but wonder if she would leave him to go back to the snowy planet she called home.

The time flew by before they had to leave Kamino, and Karina was almost sad to go. Karina returned to work in the hanger, and Wolffe went away for a day to go pick up a new addition to the 104th.

He returned by himself, though, explaining that she had been assigned to the 501st after causing a fight. She hummed and leaned against him, taking a moment just to enjoy his company.

"Hey, Karina," Stunner greeted as he walked past. "Good to see you're still here." He addressed Wolffe next. "See, Commander? You worried for nothing."

"What?" Karina frowned in confusion. 

"You know." Stunner gestured with his hands. "The whole 'ruling a planet' thing."

Karina nudged Wolffe. "What's he talking about?"

Stunner tilted his head. "Oh, did you not tell her yet?"

"No, I didn't," Wolffe said past gritted teeth. "Thanks, though."

He pulled Karina into a private room where they could talk, and explained everything. She was call as he spoke, nodding along.

"So you kept this very important piece of information from me?" Karina's voice was low and strangely bland.

"I was going to tell you, but it just got busy, Mesh'la," Wolffe hurriedly said. "And I wasn't sure if you even wanted to know and-"

"You had no right, keeping that from me." Karina cut him off, holding up a hand. "You should have told me immediately."

"I understand, Mesh'la, but I didn't know how to tell you," Wolffe reached out to tuck a strand of her hair away, but she smacked his hand away.

"Don't touch me," Karina coldly said. "You violated my trust, and I need some time."

"We can talk about this," Wolffe softly said. "Please, Mesh'la."

"Give me some time. I need to figure things out and decide what I'm going to do." Karina turned on her heel to storm off.

"So you are going to leave me," Wolffe quietly said.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Karina demanded, whipping around. "Is that what this is about? Do you really think I'm so selfish I wouldn't think about you when making my decision?"

Wolffe opened his mouth to protest, though he didn't know what he was going to say, but Karina shook her head.

"Save it, Wolffe," Karina nearly whispered. "We'll talk once I calm down."

Then she was gone.

Not edited.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro