25. Manipulation

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Elvin-Eugene's POV

“Is it me, or do you and Mirabelle not get along pretty much well these days. I thought you said you liked her.” I smirked

She sipped her milkshake and sighed.

“Liked. Past tense. Now, it turns out she also doesn't like me.”

“So now you dislike her.”

“Why are you talking about her so much? now, don't tell me you're warming up.” Shw rose a brow, and I remembered our activities last night.

“What? No! Wait, what do you mean?” I asked before drinking my juice.

“Mirabelle is quite cunning, you know.” She looked intently at me. “Okay do tell me…why couldn't we hang out yesterday?” She asked, and I gulped.

“I was just doing some minor stuff.”

“Really? That's not what your girlfriend told me.” She stressed the word girlfriend. My thoughts jumbled all over, and I analysed the situation. Why did she tell Lynelle? Was she trying to prove a point or what?

And how could I be so stupid to ask for cuddle! Now she was using it against me…

“Oh fuck.” I ran my hand through my hair, remembering how she rejected me back in high-school and it was followed by the expulsion and the following misreable moments.

“Earth to you?” Lynelle snapped her fingers across my face.

“She told me she was cramping…and I just offered to stay by her side..it looked pretty serious…” I said almost to myself.

“Awww…aren't you the sweetest….from.the look of things, she instigated that she had you wrapped around her finger.”

“What exactly did she tell you?” I asked as I started regretting last night.

“Mm, I don't remember much but she said something in the lines of having you on her side and she thinks I like you so she was trying to spite me and all that.” She shrugged.

I frowned at this.

“Eugene, I think your game is a terrible idea because it looks like you're the one losing and falling. Besides, if she could accuse you of rape..imagine what more she could do.” She gazed at me as she took a bit of her pie.

I grit my teeth and balled my fist. Damn she was so fucking sly! I wish I could take back my apology!

“Lynelle you're right…maybe I should end all of this..” I sighed.

“Finally! Ugh.” She sighed. “Because if care isn't taken she'll start to manipulate you.” She added.

“You're right…”

“I mean, I'm glad I could get you back to your senses.”

“By the way I have to go back to London to over see more project…wanna come along?”

“Oh yes of course! My dad says he misses me anyway.”

“But I'll be gone in two weeks time..Will you be okay with that?”

“Sure sure…don't forget to book for me.” She requested and I nodded.

Mirabelle's POV

Today felt so bright for  me, despite how Lynelle nearly ruined my morning. Even though Eugene and I didn't speak much this morning,  I was glad that we weren't on bad terms either.

I wished I could just get close enough to Eugene and maybe get him to open up more,  then maybe we could be friends for real, then move to the next stage!

Who knows? Maybe things might start getting real and Marylove could be right about him liking me.

“You really smile a lot doctor.” The little girl beamed at me while I listened to her heart beat through the stethoscope.

“Yes, it's all part of making you feel better.” I shifted some hair of her face. “Make sure you eat all the fruits and veggies your Mom give you okay? You need them so that you can feel better.”

“But I hate the veggies! Some of then are so bitter and yuck!” The girl stuck out her tongue.

“But do you like being sick?” I asked and she pouted shaking her head. She was just too cute.

“Okay I'll try.” She cutely folded her chubby arms and I laughed with her mother. After I finished checking her, I sat her mom down to discuss her daughter's health requirements to her.

When I went on s lunch break, I heard some terrible news about an accident.

“What exactly happened?” I asked one of nurses at the reception.

“It was a brutal car accident. I heard the vitcm is a really well known business tycoon.”

“Oh really? Any names?”  I asked.

“Nope, not yet but you can ask Dr Ranson…he's doing the surgery…you two seem pretty close.” She spoke with a hint if jealousy.

“Oh I'm sure by now he's busy with him.” I sighed.

A woman and some two other girls I recognised instantly barged into the hospital to fill them forms.

“Emelia?” I mentioned the woman's name
I immediately discovered that the victim was my ex, Prince Bryce.

I was pretty sure that Eugene was still out with her. I didn't have much time to think about it because I was a bit worried for Prince.

Even though we didn't end up on good terms, I didn't really wish the worst for him. I just hoped that he was okay.

Emeliia, Prince's mom was probably dejected by now. I was glad I had a shift early in the morning. Maybe I could go see them and offer some support.

I stirred the beef stew and later checked up on the rice. I felt a bit excited though when I heard the elevator door ring.

I assumed he came in with Lynelle, I wasn't wrong but they didn't come to the kitchen.

However, I could hear their voices in the hall, minus exactly what they were saying.

Okay, maybe I shouldn't have expected much, besides Lynelle was still his priority.

Ouch, ouch.

That truth actually kinds hurt and maybe I shouldn't have cooked for two.

Ugh what was I doing? Overthiinking was definable not part of the plan!

My heart rose like leavened bread when he appeared in the kitchen and my eyes were wide as we gazed at each other before he quickly looked away.

Okay, guys could be nervous too.

Should I say hi and that I cooked for him?

Uh…

I pressed my back to the counter as he towered right over me. He looked at me with a slight frown, making me I inwardly shrink.

He then raised his head, opened the cabinet to take out two glasses and he stepped away for me to breathe.

And then he left, just like that.

What did that witch do again?

In fact, I was fed up.

There was no way I was letting him just act like nothing significant happened yesterday. After dinner, I stood in the middle of the room, waiting for him to enter.

Today, whether he liked it or not, I was going to get him to talk.

Because I needed to know what all that was about. The suspense was getting annoying.

I blew out a breath, ran a hand through my hair and folded my arms still waiting. I also made sure to keep away all possible distractions so I wore a pair of pajamas today.

After a while of waiting, he came in and my fingers started to intertwine. He was about to pass my me without any acknowledgement but

“Eugene!” I rose my voice a little and he paused. “We need to talk.”

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro