29. Pampered

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Elvin-Eugene's POV 

My arms were folded as I sat at the dinette, and she stood at the other side of the table.

“Take two of these…No wait..” She popped two pieces of the drug out herself.

“I'm fine without it.” I glared at her.

“Did I ask?” She raised a brow, and I humbly shook my head. She walked over to stand in front of me.

“Please open your mouth.” She begged.

“I'm not a child, I can take this on my own.” 

“Fine, then have it..” She gave them to me.

“What if it's poison?” I looked up at her.

“Um..let me see…how about um…I call Mimi and ask-”

“Nobody likes a snitch.” I rolled my eyes, taking the drug and the glass of water She offered me. She smirked in victory 

Honestly, I was kinda glad I was sick. It had been so long since I've felt so pampered. Yeah, maybe I was actually suffering, but her soft tender cafe was just so emollient  

I looked at her as she gathered up the drugs on the table and fought back a smile.

When I was back in London, I forced myself into work because I honestly didn't want to have the talk with Lynelle about what she told me about. Thankfully, she was so occupied with her parents, and I left her back in London.

I didn't want to talk about it at all because honestly, it was overly complicated. 

“What would you like to have for lunch?” She asked.

“Why?” I raised a brow.

“Uh..so that I could um…make it for you..” She offered. Hell no! Letting her in again was just another mistake!

“I don't want anything.”

“But all you've had us just cornf!-”

“You're not my mother Mirabelle, cut the crap and besides, I would have been better anyway without your help.” I snapped at her.

“Oh…um…okay.” Her face brimmed in embarrassment, and I felt a bit bad. She opened the freezer, and I stood up, feeling the need to get some sleep again.

I took her blanket again and covered myself, inhaling her sweet scent, which made me feel more drowsy.

I wanted to keep on sleeping, but my stomach would stop rumbling!

I got up and groaned, feeling extremely hungry. Why did I even have to feel this way at the wrong time?

It was already 2:55pm

I got down from the bed and opted for another meal of Cornflakes, but when I stepped out of the room, the atmosphere caused an alteration in my plans.

It smelt like sauce and spaghetti, and I think..soup? My appetite was so whetted.

Then my stupid conscience just had to remind me about how I rejected her kind offer. Ugh, why was I such a jerk?

I'm pretty sure she intentionally cooked to trap me, and yeah, it was working. I went to the fridge to get some water, and my eyes were met with cranberry juice…and I imagined having it as a starter..with whatever she was making.

Maybe I could take one even though it wasn't mine.. but what if she had counted it?

Then, I entered the kitchen afterwards to throw the bottle away and to at least get a peek at what she was actually making.

She was by the stove, stirring a pan of spaghetti, which had vegetables, sausages, fish, and meat. She glanced at me, and I looked away. Due to my hunger, I couldn't leave the kitchen, and it seemed she ignored me, on purpose!

Okay, here was where my pride had to be put on hold.

“It looks good.” I said, and she shrugged, checking the soup. Silence followed as she went about washing some dishes.

“M-maybe I was a bit rude earlier.”

“A bit?” She paused, swaying her hip to the side.

“Okay, very.”

“Yes, very, very rude.” She turned off the faucet, wiping her hands and passing by me.

“Mirabelle..” I gently grabbed her hand.

“What?” She looked up at me.

“I just had a lot going on with work and Lynelle-”

“Look.i don't care about what you and Lynelle have going on…it doesn't give you the mandate.” She folded her arms.

“Yes, yes, you're totally right. I'm sorry.” I apologised.

“You're only saying sorry because you want something from me.” She accused, glaring at me.

“I…” I began, but I couldn't find anything to say.

“Save it, Eugene. I hope you enjoy your corn flakes, though.” She left the kitchen, and I stood there. 

I stared at the stove, and before I could do anything, she entered the kitchen again. 

I stealthily moved towards her and slowly hugged her from behind.

“Eugene!” She gasped.

“All you've been is caring…even though I must admit I didn't deserve it.” I whispered in her ear, and I saw her chest heave. “I'm so sorry, I should have done better.” I apologised, and I felt a certain weight leave my chest.

Wow.

“Why were you being like that anyway? In fact, not just today,  there's just so much you've done!”

“Yes, yes, you're right…we need to talk, but can we do it later? I'm honestly starving, too.”  She sighed and looked aside. I coaxed her a bit more, and eventually, she agreed.

“Now let go of me.” She demanded, but I wanted to do one more thing.

“Mirabelle?”

“Yeah?”

“Look at me.” She slowly lifted her face towards mind. I leaned in and pressed my lips against hers, making her gasp and blush.

“Wh-what…why did you do that?” She stuttered when I pulled away, slightly licking my lips.

“You didn't like it?”

“No, no, it's not that I-”

“So you liked it?” I smirked.

“Eugene.” She groaned.and I pulled away, chuckling.  She hid her face from me, probably because she was really blushing.

Mirabelle's POV 

He sat upright when I brought a tray of a bowl containing the chicken soup. From the way he looked, he hadn't fully recovered, but there was an impressive change in his temperature. 

“Here you go.” I said in order to divert his attention from my exposed legs due to my short night dress.

“My hands are unavailable at the moment.” He informed me, referring to his hands, which were tucked into his pockets.

“Okay, then when you're ready, you can have it.” I placed it on the side table.

“But I want it now.” Then it clicked. He wanted me to feed him!

“Now what?” I sighed.

“Your hands are available.” He shrugged.

“So?”

“Could you feed me?” He requested. I was really excited, but I kept my cool and decided to give him a hard time.

“Aren't you the one who said he wasn't a child?”

“But I'm not a child, am I?” He asked.

“So drink it yourself.”

“Please, I miss being pampered.” He pouted, and the look he gave me was so cute that I gave in. “

It was a bit awkward at first because I didn't know whether to stand, squat, or kneel to do it.

But I sat facing him and my night dress became extra short. He glanced at my lap, but I decided to just ignore his gaze.

After a few spoon feeds, I was able to continue with ease. But my eyes sometimes lingered on his lips, and my heart would just thump when he licked them.

It reminded me of that short but sweet kiss he gave me earlier. I just wished that he did it again, maybe this time, much longer.

He looked at my face, and I quickly looked away as though he had caught me thinking of kissing him.

He, however, gazed at my lap again, and I pulled down the hem a little, as if that was doing anything. To make things more awkward, he would look at my lap, then look at my face, making me aware that he was checking me out.

“C-can you stop?” I groaned, feeling my face burn.

“What? I can't help it.” He smirked.

“Finish up.” I grumbled, nearly shoving the spoon into his mouth. 

I sighed in relief after everything, and before I could get up, Eugene took everything from me, placed it on the side table, and gently pushed me onto himself, making me straddle him.

I was so frozen when we came up close, and my hands rested in his shoulders.

“I liked your soup..and the spaghetti.” He whispered gently, moving his nose over mine.

“Um..thanks.” I responded, unable to meet his gaze. He didn't say or do anything. “Eugene I have to go.” I whispered, not really wanting to go.

“Won't you sleep?” He asked, placing his forehead on mine.

“I will..but I have to do some stuff.” I breathed.

“Like what?” 

“Like…like.. um..” I stammered, feeling his hand on my back. “I have to um..I need um..”

“Can I kiss you again?” He whispered, brushing his lips over mine, and I shivered when his hand moved to the small of my back.

I looked into his eyes and nodded.

“Yes?” He murmured. 

“Yes.” I whispered, and within a microsecond, his warm, soft lips fell on mine. My heart beat increased as I wrapped my arms around his neck and moved closer to him, responding to the kiss.

It was amazing, and my mind was just a bit blank at the moment. He nibbled on my bottom lip, and I quivered when one of his hands moved from my back, down to my hip to my bare thigh.

Oh God, what was I doing! I was kissing him! 

I had to come to my senses, but it felt so difficult. 

Okay, maybe a little longer.

I placed a hand on his cheek, and he bit my lip, gently making them part. It became even more difficult to stop when I felt his tongue against mine. I moaned and slipped a hand into his hair, and after a while, I pulled away to have a breath of air.

His pupils were dilated, and his eyes were twinkling. 

“Um…I have to uh…take this to the kitchen.” I managed to speak, and he nodded, releasing me.

His gaze lingered on me till I finally left the room.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro