Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

DAPPLESHADE

It was three moons ago, but I still remember it as if it were yesterday.

~~~

I walked into camp, dazed. I had spent most of the past quarter-moon in LilyClan, where their medicine cat apprentice, Dahliapaw (also my younger sister), was the only medicine cat there. She needed a mentor, and since LilacClan had three, I would hardly be needed. Now, Dahliapaw was a warrior by the name of Dahliaswirl, and I could go back to LilacClan.

As I reached the medicine cats' den, and flopped into my nest, one of the patrols returned.

Immediately everyone noticed something was wrong. The warriors looked tired and were full of bleeding cuts. They were carrying on their backs one familiar, still cat. Maplestrike. He was dead.

I yowled, and pushed past the other cats, and reached them when the patrol had left him near the entrance and buried myself into his fur. I was quickly joined by his family members, his mother and his sisters.

I nuzzled him, trying to absorb as much of him as possible. There were scents of VioletClan warriors on him as well as his sweet scent. That meant VioletClan had killed my sweet, wonderful mate.

"I hate you, VioletClan, I hate you!" I yowled. His youngest sisters, Ducklingkit and Deerkit, nodded, although they had no idea who VioletClan were.

A few days later, I discovered I was expecting his kits. How was I supposed to care for them, when their father was gone? He could care for kits much better than I could. I remembered the countless times Maplestrike had played with his siblings, giving them bear rides, making them laugh. How was I supposed to do that? I could never replace him. I couldn't be there for them, what with medicine cat duties, herb gathering, training Ducklingpaw (who had become an apprentice a day after his death and had decided to train as a medicine cat), counselling Asterstar and healing the immense number of injured warriors in LilacClan.

~~~

I remembered all of this as I walked towards the ice. The ice was thick, it wouldn't crack. I walked across, having left Ducklingpaw under the training of Quackwaddle (which is honestly the best name I have ever thought of). She knew well how to train apprentices. 

I had remembered to pack travelling herbs, and other herbs like dock leaves and marigold. I had no idea why. I had also packed a stick. Sticks helped with kitting, and I was close to that (nothing to worry about, of course. I had handled kittings before). 

Why had I gone to the ice again? I asked myself. Oh yeah, to cool down. I felt so very stuffy for some reason. Ice was cold, it was cooling.

Switch of P.O.V's - BLUEY

It had been a pretty weird week, but an amazing one. I remembered the pretty young cat who called herself Flower. I had thought she was a house cat, but she said she had no idea what 'hose cats' were when I asked her if she was one which I was too chicken to do until after 5 moons of knowing her (I'm stupid, I know). She had no idea what the word house's pronunciation was, and I loved that.

Then, yesterday, she actually asked me to meet her by the little stream. I of course accepted, and I'm still waiting for her.

There she is! I thought. I quickly picked up my flowers, then realised she had some too.

"Hey," I said, feeling butterflies in my stomach.

"Hey," Flower shyly said. "How are you?"

"Oh, um..." I paused. I felt quite tongue-tied. "Uh, I'm very great, how about you?"

"Quite good," she replied. "Also, can I ask you something?"

"Yeah?" I said. Please say what I think you're going to say, I silently willed her. 

She dropped the flowers in front of me. "Will- will you be my mate?" she asked, blushing furiously at the ears.

~~~

642 words! Wow, that's a lot-

WOOOO NEW SHIP ALREADY-

GIMME SHIP NAMES!!!!

(Bluey FOREVAH XD)

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro