Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Prologue

"Isn't your mom in a gang?" One of my classmates had asked me one day when we were 6. I'd tilted my head and asked her what she meant by that.

"Your driver always has a gun in his pocket and so does your nanny." She points out.

But to me, people carrying guns around was the most normal thing. Since my childhood I've never had the freedom to go anywhere, even the playground, without the protection of someone who is buff and can handle a gun just incase something happens.

As I grew I realised it was because of the enemies my mother had created in her career as the leader of a Mafia Cartel.

From the gossip I overheard through the maids, my father had massive fights with my mum, trying to convince her to let go of that life and move far away with me. But my mother was already knee deep and she knew that if she gave up all three of us would end up dead.

I am now 15 and reminiscing all the events leading up to me being tied with rope and a gag in my mouth in an abandoned construction site. And maybe now i understood why those people with guns were needed.

But I wasn't being understanding when I snuck out of home at 8 in the evening just to go to the convenience store without any nanny or bodyguard.

My mom is going to KILL me. That is if I don't end up dying here..

"Are ya that witch's daughter or what?" One of them asked, blowing the smoke from the cigarette at me. I coughed against the gag but said nothing.

Another set of footsteps entered followed by a dragging sound. "Boss we found Kang's-"

"Wonderful. We can blow up both of these kids for their parents' sins." The guy from earlier rasps, throwing away his old cigarette.

I feel the rope temporarily loosen around me and i have half a mind to try and run away but i just can't seem to. My knees we're weak and I'd probably get beat up if I tried that.

"Tie them up together." Another person gave their input.

The new hostage and I were placed with our backs to each other and the rope was tied back to its original tightness.

I turned my neck to try and get a glimpse of whoever was sat against me but the first thing my senses caught was the smell of blood. They've been beat up.

"Now, the bomb will go off in a little while so sit tight say yer prayers or whatever. Nobody's coming to save you anyway." The group of men laughed and I wished I'd atleast been able to see their faces so I could fire a few insults on how they looked but it was way too dark.

The men left the area one by one and my heartbeat sped up hearing the tick of the bomb.

"Do you mind putting your hand in my pocket?" The person sitting against me suddenly spoke and then I realised it was a boy.

"Huh?" What the hell was he saying?

"Put....your hand in my pocket. We don't have much time please.." he spoke with great difficulty.

I hesitated but twisted my hand slightly and felt around the pocket on his jacket before pulling out a small object.

"W-what is this?" I ask him.

"A pocket knife. It'd be great if you could click on that small button and cut us out of these stupid ropes." He indirectly requests.

I think for a second and then somehow the ticking of the bomb seemed to get louder in my ears so I did as he said. I began to rub the sharp edge against the ropes and after a while, it got cut.

The boy with me understood that and immediately sprung to action. He tugged at the ropes and stood up before freeing me from them as well.

Through a stream of moonlight I see him offer his ring adorned hand to me which i take in urgency as he pulls me up and begins to run.

My heart is pounding hard and for the first time in my life i feel pure and absolute fear as we run down the crumbling staircase, hand in hand.

Panic is surging through me and it increases further when I trip but the boy whose face I could see clearly now immediately stands me up with a breathless expression but doesn't say much as he drags me out.

When we finally reach the entrance and get a few metres away, the building explodes and we're pushed away due to the impact and everything turns black.

When I open my eyes again, i see a white ceiling. My hand was hurting real bad so I'm not surprised to see it in a cast. Atleast it's not the dominant hand?

I sit up in the hospital bed and look around the private ward. There was nobody.

And so I cried. And I kept crying even when the nurse came in to check on my vitals and I cried through the night wishing that literally anyone would be here to comfort me or tell me that I'm alright now.

But the room remained empty.

I was truly alone.

☯❦

How are we finding the first chap guys? thoughts?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro