5. His Ego, Her Pride

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Who is watching the re-run of our original IPKKND with Arnav's POV?

Well, I definitely am and trust me I am addicted to it all over again (LOL as if I wasn't already!)

Office track is on in IPKnow a days and seeing it this idea popped in my mind and the result is right in front of you. After a long time I have written a ONE SHOT. All thanks to our Arnav and Khushi who are rekindling their love all over again in my heart manifolds.

Enjoy and do let me know how did it turn out?

DEDICATED TO ALL ARSHI FANS OUT THERE!

Sard aisa k pighalta hi na tha baaton se,

Aadmi tha k tirasha hua pathar dekha!

Smashing the glass against the wall he paced around his private suite right at the top floor of AR. Ever since he has thrown her down from his cabin he was having this nagging feeling in the back of his mind which he couldn't name yet.

He knew there were paint boxes down there and she won't get hurt much but as he has heard her scream there was something that had squeezed painfully inside his chest. He has almost reached the edge the cabin and was bloody fuckingly willing to jump out of the cabin himself but years of practice to control himself paid off at that time and he stopped at the right time.

Otherwise he would definitely had made a fool out of himself before everyone. Before his employees.

She has risen the devil inside him by her fierce attitude and never say die spirit in front of him. HIM! ASR!

How dare she?

"Hum subah se yahi toh soch rahe hain k iss jagah mai galat kya hai. Apko dekh k samajh aa gaya! (I was thinking from the morning that what is wrong in this place? Now I understood seeing you!)"

"Ja rahe hai humein bhi yahan nokri karne ka koi shok nahi hai.Woh kehte hain na jaise raja waisi prajah! Yahan nokri kar k ap jaisa toh bilkul bhi nahi banana. Ap kya humein nokri se nikalein gay hum khud ja rahe hain.

(Yeah. Yeah I am going. I am not dying to work with you either. They say, as the king so are the subjects! I have no wish to become like you staying here. You don't have to bother. I myself am leaving this job!)"

"Ap k bachaane se humein girna zyada pasand hai. (I will prefer falling than getting saved by you)"

What has she said at that time?

That she would rather fall than take help from him?

How dare she? Even when he told her that he writes not only his own but other's destiny as well.

His ego was badly hurt as she back answered him like always.

As a result he has let her slip out of his hold and fall.

"Apko kya lagta hai ap bhagwan hain? Ap jo kuch bhi kahen gay log hukam samajh k maante rahen gay? Apne hamare sath jo bhi kiya uska asar sirf hum par nahi humare poore parivar pe pada hai. Bina kisi galti k unhone wo sab bhugta jo apne chaha.

(What do you think that you're god? Whatever you say people will bow down to you? Whatever you did to me it not only affected me but also my family. Without any fault they suffered what you wanted)"

"Ap jaise logo k liye kaam karne ka soch kar bhi humein ghin ati hai! (I feel disgusted with even the thought of working with people like you!)"

"Hum darte zaroor hain. Apki taaqat se. Aap k ghamand se. Guroor se. Lekin dar k bhagna hamari aadat nahi hai. (Yes I am afraid. Of your power. Your arrogance. Of your ego. But it's not in my nature to run away in fear)"

She should have feared him like everyone did. Like the whole damn fashion world did but no, she didn't. She didn't dammit!

That woman has dared to mess with him every time they met.

That petite woman with long plait and pompoms on her clothes and cute little nose and flawless skin and perfect lips that trembled whenever she is nervous or scared..that pink luscious lips that has fascinated him ever since she has fell in his arms in that green ridiculous, messy, class-less lehenga.

FUCK!

He swallowed leaning forward against his table.

What was this ache in his chest?

One month has passed.

Yes a freaking one month since that incident!

Since she landed in his office, since he saw her in his cabin hidden under the table, since he dropped her from the same and then he gave her the job back but only after firing her ruthlessly without any reason and that wasn't easy either he had made her sign a 15 days contract which she has passed.

She hasn't left the job on herself in 15 days. She has won the deal. She has defeated him. HIM!

ARNAV SINGH RAIZADA!

That freaking petite being has won the challenge over him. And to add to it, there was always this pain strikingly heavy ache developing in and surrounds him whenever he saw her around which he was finding really hard to give a name.

He felt it whenever he saw her walking, talking, doing anything or even silently working with the tip of the pen in her mouth sometimes and sometimes she would be playing with a fringe that come out of her otherwise tightly bound hairs.

He often wondered how would they look when she wouldn't wear that ridiculous ribbon around her hairs?

He had a glimpse of it once didn't he? In a red saree!

How did that left him speechless. Dumbfounded. Spellbound.

"Dammit!" He banged his hand against the table.

Now every time he saw that braid around her hairs he become frustratingly irritated. He felt like going there, to her and twist the ribbon out of her hairs and throw her hairs at her back and gaze at it as long as he wanted.

He had a glimpse of it in Sheesh Mahal as well but at that time he was too blinded by rage to give her another glance.

He often riled her up and taunted her about her stupid ribbons and one time he even arranged a party at AR and made sure she attended it but much to his chagrin she though didn't make a braid but came with her hairs styled in a bun!

It frustrated him too much that he has insulted her in front of everyone in the party that left her in tears and she ran out of the party taking away his peace and destructing his mind because the whole night thereafter he couldn't sleep a wink as her hurt, shattered face kept flashing behind his eyes shattering everything inside of him.

He has tried to indulge himself with Lavanya more during the past month who was more than willing to spend some time with him and the fact that he himself asked her made Lavanya ecstatic.

But that seemed to only heighten his restlessness whenever they even kissed so he stopped trying and went back to his usual mood with Lavanya where he would get her expensive gifts and her eyes would shine seeing them and then nothing else mattered for her.

It was this thing about her that has made him chose her as his girlfriend. He was always clear about his no strings attached theory to her and she seemed to have no objection on it for as long as 'ASR's girlfriend' tag was with her which had its own perks. He was content with it until.. a certain woman fell in his arms.

Yesterday he has given her a very tough task but as stubborn as she was she has completed it but still he didn't let her leave the office until all the employees left and by the time he allowed her to go it was past midnight.

She obviously has looked incredulously at him knowing he was acting and behaving like a monster but she kept quiet and had only shook her head at him with those doe shaped orbs mocking him as if telling him that he could do nothing to break her spirit. Nothing at all.

And that didn't sit well with him. At all.

"Hum paison ki kadar karte hain uspe akadd nahi dikhate.Humare liye udhaar ka aik rupaiya bhi zyada hai aur mehnat ka aik rupaiya bhi kam. Humein ap k 25000 rupay wapis karne hain. Bas!

(Neither I flaunt nor show my arrogance over money. For me even a burrowed rupee or a penny earned by hard work holds great importance. I just have to return your 25000. That's it)"

He clearly remember her every word. She wanted to return him 25K and she wanted to hold her chin high while doing so.

Her pay in AR being Lavanya's PA wasn't much but 30000 and if she paid him the amount back then he knew she would get herself in trouble owing to her weak financial condition.

He is an ASR. He knew and has found out all about her house, family members, problems and most importantly why she left Lucknow and did he regret what he did to her?

No. Not even a tiniest bit.

He thought with crystal clear clarity.

She deserved all that he did with her.

Whether it includes locking her in that room in Sheesh Mahal or leaking the video in all the news channels or demeaning her at every opportunity. Whether it includes making her life hell in AR or not letting her breathe even when she is at home.

She deserved every bit of it for messing with him and now she deserved it because seeing her an uncertain ache, a need develops in his being. His blood pumps through his veins sharply and his chest thuds with anticipation. Anticipation of what?

What dammit?

Here he was an aching mess and there that Gupta must be snoring in her home peacefully.

"Let me snatch that peace from you Miss Gupta!" He muttered and dialed her number at 2am at night.

"Kon hai? Kamine itni raat ko phone karte hue sharam nahi ati? Teri Maa behen nahi hai kya k--(Who is it? Bloody moron! Aren't you even a little bit ashamed calling at this time? Don't you have a mother or a sister that you,)" A sleepy drowsy but a warning tone reached his ears as she picked up.

"Shut up KHUSHI KUMARI GUPTA!"

He heard her gasp. He was amazed at himself as he felt her checking the caller ID. So she was actually sleeping!

Darn her for having the peaceful slumber while snatching the same from him.

Let me mess your life as well as you did mine Gupta!

"Sir?" Her composed voice reached his ears and strangely the ache inside him settled down in some corner of his chest.

What the!

How?

"I want you in my office right now!" He growled.

"But Sir. It's 2 am." Khushi exclaimed. A hint of anger evident in her tone.

"I am your boss and I-"

She cut him sharply.

"Yes you are my boss but that's from 9 to 5 Sir. After that neither I am your employee nor you are my employer. Get that!" She snapped.

"Miss Gupta!" He heard the beep then."What the f-" He gritted as she cut the call abruptly.

He dialed again.

The number you have called is currently switched off. Please try again later.

He smashed the phone against the wall in anger.

"You will pay for this!"

He didn't know for what and why he was doing this. Whether he was right or wrong. Whether she considers him a monster or not. He wanted her to stop back answering him. He wanted her to surrender before his power and accept his superiority like everyone out there always does.

He wanted her to never say NO to him, no one ever had except her. He wanted her to accept that he writes his own destiny like he has written hers by making her life hell in AR however and whenever he wanted.

But she won't. He knew!

And he won't stay calm until she does.

After all Arnav Singh Raizada loved challenges and tougher one just excites him much more than the easy ones.

He was sure.Once he would defeat her then all the things will get back to normal.

The ache in his chest will settle down. The mess in his mind would clear out and her attitude will stop nagging him and so would she.

Alas!

He didn't know it was just a start of the sweet agony he will go through and with him he would make her to go through it as well to keep it even with her when all will get too much for him.

Switching off her cell Khushi sat up on the bed in a huff. Sleep already flew out of the window due to sheer rage on certain Laad Governor.

"Had hoti hai ghamand ki bhi. Itni raat ko humein office bulane ka matlab? (This is heights of arrogance! Calling me to office? At this time?)"She gestured through her hands talking to herself.

"Haan hum jaante hai. Humein torture karne ka ya be-izzati karne ka mood ho raha ho ga uss Laad Governor ka.Humph!

(I know. Of course that Laad Governor must be feeling like torturing or insulting me. Humph!)"

Ever since she met him either he would shout at her about her aukat or insult her about her low status or call her a gold digger or if not that he would show her in one way or the other that he is the god and he writes not only his own but also other's destiny as well like hers and he loved writing hell in her life as per him.

He did so very conveniently didn't he Khushi?

Her eyes teared up as she recalled the last month.

"Kya hua? Aadat se majboor ho? Jab tak beizaati nahi karun ga nahi jao gi? (What happened? Compelled by habit huh? Until I won't insult you won't go?)"

"Maine kaha na, mai apni kismat khud banata hun.Maire sath wahi hota hai jo mai chahta hun. Aur sirf apni nahi auron ki kismat bhi mai hi likhta hun. Kya karun tumhare sath? Tumhe bacha lun ya girne dun tumhe?

(I told you I make my own destiny. Whatever happens with me it does with my will. And not only mine I write others fate as well. So what should I do with you? Save you or let you fall?)"

"Bhool gaya tha mai. Girna toh tumhari fitrat mai hai. (Oh I forgot. Falling low is in your nature!)"

"Bohat shoq hai na tumhe tamasha karne ka? Lekin aik baat yaad rakhna shuru tumne kiya tha lekin iss tamashe ko khatam mai karun ga. (You love to make a show don't you? But keep it in mind. You started this but I'd be the one ending it)"

"Arnav Singh Raizada k samne aik din bhi nahi tik pao gi. (There is absolutely no chance that you'd be able to stand even a day before Arnav Singh Raizada!)"

The constants insults at his hands has become a norm in AR.

Initially those employees who used to laugh at her expense when ASR lashed out at her started to feel pity for her including Sim and Pam much to her surprise.

She very well remember how they both rebuked her on the very first day in AR and it hadn't ended there.

They both never let the chance to taunt her about her bhenji chamkili style. But then they stopped after 15 days when they realized they don't have to do anything to demean her because ASR was doing that job perfectly anyways.

Lavanya Mam was another case altogether.

Some times she would save her from ASR's wrath stepping in between or sometimes she herself would throw her into the mouth of trouble that is 'ASR' to please him.

From the employees she got to know about Lavanya Mam's being the girlfriend of ASR.

She has felt huge sympathy for her and she stopped feeling bad about her rude attitude towards her or the way she calls her chamkili.

Lavanya ji must have learnt this rudeness and arrogance from the monster himself. Duh!

Since then whenever Khushi prayed another person was added to her prayers.

Lavanya Kashyap.

Please devi maiyya, give strength to Lavanya ji to bear that Laad Governor for life. What a tough job right? I so pity her.

Then her eyes almost popped out of her sockets and her body turned of ice when one day she witnessed Lavanya Mam sitting on the very lap of ASR in his cabin and ASR was eating up her lips.

She has asked forgiveness from her devi maiyya various times on her way home.

Devi maiyya you know na I am not like this. I didn't mean to eavesdrop. Please. Please get it out of my head. Eww!

She has touched her ears folding her hands in front of the idol.

But neither that image left her nor did that ache that has started to settle within her ever since which she couldn't name.

So to be on the safer side she never dared to visit ASR's cabin whenever Lavanya Mam was in there.

Feeling the wetness in her hands she looked down and was surprised to find her tears falling on her lap.

Maybe the whole month's insults and hell of the days in the AR were finally getting to her.

There was so much one could take. So she hid her face in her knees and sobbed to let out all the heavy feelings before she go to office tomorrow to face the devil again.

Alas!

She didn't have any idea what was awaiting her in the office tomorrow!

Next Morning

AR

Khushi was happy today despite the dread of facing ASR because today she would get her first salary. One month was over and she couldn't help but feel relieved that she survived in this office this long and now she would get her well deserved pay for her hard work and for bearing that Laad Governor's tantrums all the time.

Devi maiyya jalebiyan toh banti hai aaj, haina!

Her mouth watered as she thought of buying jalebis on her way home with her salary for Jiji and Buaji.

Payal Jiji gave her first salary treat yesterday. She has started to teach children at home. You can say she has opened a small tuition centre at home and it was working fine as it was just in initial stage. 3 kids came to study every evening.

A light smile appeared on her lips at the thought of surprising her Jiji and Buaji.

She would send some of the money to Babu ji and Amma to Lucknow as well.

As far as giving back that Laad Governor's money was concerned she would save a few thousands every month and then in a few months she would let this burden off her shoulders as well.

All of her plans were set in her mind and she was now smiling widely while typing the report at her desk when the very smile died in her throat seeing the devil entering the office and looking at her stopped right in front of her desk.

"Aman!" Arnav said not tearing his gaze from Khushi who has stood up along with all other employees to greet him. Her heart came to her mouth in fear of the look he was giving her.

It meant trouble wasn't far away from her!

"Yes ASR?" Aman replied who was standing behind ASR with the files in his hands.

"Cut her half salary." Arnav ordered and was off to his cabin without a backward glance while Aman though surprised didn't say anything and went to accounts office to do the needful giving Khushi a sympathizing glance.

Khushi was rooted to her spot.

Here she was making plans on how to spend the money and how much in dire need of money she was but this man. Ugh. How dare he do this when she hasn't faltered in any task he threw at her?

Gathering herself, wiping the corners of her eyes she sniffled and ignoring her colleagues' pitying looks she took determined steps up to his cabin.

She didn't bother knocking. She was that mad and furious.

He was typing on the laptop while sitting leisurely on his leather chair. He didn't even flinch when she entered his cabin and continued working.

"Why are you cutting my salary? I did every task or work you threw at me whether it was rational or irrational because I need this job but that doesn't mean I would allow you to take pleasures in torturing me with anything Mr.Raizada. I deserve my whole salary and I demand the same!" She screeched.

"If you are done then get out!" He ordered without tearing his gaze from the screen. His fingers continued to move on the keyboard even when he spoke.

"I want to know why are you cutting my salary and until you don't tell me I am not going anywhere!" She said fiercely.

He stopped typing at once and leaned back on his chair now looking straight at her with that arrogant look on his face which made her blood boil. She felt like scratching her nails on his face or better pull his hairs out, make him bald .. ugly huh. Argh!

"I am the boss. I don't have to ask anyone's permission to make decisions for anything in MY company. If you kept standing here then I will cut the remaining salary of yours as well."

Khushi didn't budge.

"I need that money. I worked hard and even you can't deny that." Her tone stayed confident even though she was breaking from inside.

How would they pay the rent of Bua ji's home now?

She and her Jiji has made exact calculations about all the expenses yesterday. With Jiji's tuition pay and her salary, they would barely be able to get through 25th of this month and when her full salary won't be there then how would they manage?

Buaji's pension case was still pending and above that Babu ji informed that their sweet shop in Lucknow was going in crisis as well.

"Oh yeah. How can I forget? Ever so money minded Ms. Gupta. Paiso k liye kuch bhi kar sakti ho na? (You can do anything for money right?)"

She stayed silent. She was that much torn from inside at his cruelness. Tears gathered behind her eyelids which she blinked back furiously.

Arnav chuckled mercilessly seeing her eyes tearing up ignoring the ache which doubled over in his chest because getting that chuckle out was very difficult and as it came out he felt the slashing in his throat which soon formed into a huge lump making him numb with pain that cut his insides into pieces. As if he wasn't hurting her but himself. A part of him. Which one?

What was happening with him?

It struck him hard. Shook him from head to toe. He was terrified from inside. He was terrified of this girl too.

It took all of his strength to keep a rigid stance. With that his insides filled with explicit rage for the lack of control over himself when she is around. Rage coupled with the ruthlessness inside him he took a decision in a split of a second.

If she was messing with his insides then she would have to take the brunt of it. He will make sure she did.

With that thought he stood up from his chair and came to stand before her who was trying her best to keep her brokenness out of her face and in that process her face and nose has turned red.

Seeing him taking a step towards her she took one back looking up at him with firmness and rage.

"Stay in your limits SIR!" She gritted. "And I won't sit quietly until I get my whole salary. I would complain to higher authorities about your unprofessional attitude towards me. I did my job the best I could but you always insult me and now without any reason you are cutting half of my salary. This is heights." She finished breathing heavily due to the anger.

"You are right!" He spoke crossing his arms over his chest.

"You took all of my insults. You finished all of the tasks and then you completed 15 days contract clause as well. You deserve more than your full salary. AMAN!" He called out loud at the end.

When Aman came in ASR went back to sit on his chair royally with his gaze directed at her.

"Give her double the amount of her salary.Triple it for further months." The chocolate brown orbs glinted mysteriously.

Khushi looked on dumbfounded.

She fumed then at his manipulative and twisted way.

What the hell was he wanted to achieve with it?

"I don't need double salary. I want just my due one. That's it. Not a rupee above or below it."

"Either you are getting double or none. Decide!" He declared ruthlessly.

Aman looked on confused between ASR and Ms. Gupta not knowing what to do. He along with all the employees believe that ASR always goes beyond cruel with Khushi Gupta but no one dared to say it in front of the devil. None of them had the courage to stand in front of him let alone question him. None of them except for Khushi Kumari Gupta!

All the employees down had their ears on the commotion above since the time Khushi went there fuming.

Lavanya barged in right that moment and supported ASR.

"What's the big deal chamkili? You are getting double the amount. Take it and enjoy!"

Arnav smirked giving her a challenging look.

Khushi had had enough. She walked out of his cabin without answering and straight away went to her desk and typed her resignation letter furiously.

Like hell she will compromise over her dignity. This was heights of insults. It was another way of his to tell her that her life depended on HIS money.

That he can cut and double her salary in a blink of an eye. She won't take any penny from this Laad Governor above her decided salary and if that means she have to get none at all then so be it. She would do double jobs to make the ends meet but no she won't take pity or favors. She has her self respect and that is very dear to her.

Submitting the resignation letter in HR she took her bag and stuffed her things in it before walking out of AR with her head held high not knowing she has fell into ASR's web already. He wanted her to leave the job and she did.

Let the game begin! Arnav thought in his mindhalf smiling victoriously looking at her retreating back from his cabin with Lavanya standing besides him, her arms linked with his and she was saying something but he didn't hear any of it. His ego was boosted seeing a petite certain girl falling into his trap.

Real fun would start now Khushi Kumari Gupta!

However intelligent you presume yourself to be, ASR will always be one step ahead of you!

How was it?

If you liked it even a little bit then don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT :)

Cheers!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro