7. Broken Pieces (Arnav's POV)

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

This book has reached 100k reads🥺

Yayy 🎉💃🥳

So I thought why not celebrate it and gift my amazing readers by writing the most awaited next part of one of my most loved one shots? So I did 🤗

This one can't be read as stand-alone. You will have to read its prequel (3rd shot of this book) first otherwise you won't understand the background story.

That's all. Here we go ❤️
____

"Itna kamzoor nahi hai Arnav Singh Raizada k aik ladki ke khayal ko apne dimagh se na nikaal sake!

(Arnav Singh Raizada isn't that weak for not being able to get a girl's thought out of his mind)"

"Aik saaye ki tarah chaa gayi hai maire dimagh mai. Baar baar ussi ka khayal, ussi ka chehra jaise mujhe challenge kar rahi ho. Nahi main haar maanane waalon mai sey nahi hun!

(Like a shadow she has spread in my mind. Just her face, only her thoughts again and again as if she is deliberately challenging me. No I'm not the one to give up!)"

"Emotions. Ehsas. In sabki mairi zindagi mai koi jageh nahi hai. Aur na main kabhi bannane dunga!

(Emotions. Feelings. They don't have any place in my life. Nor will they ever have. Period)"

It is said that in a split of a moment just before your death your whole life passes through your eyes in a flash.

In his case everything else he ever lived in his life was fogged except for a certain memories that flashed through his eyes like a panorama knocking his head and heart harder like a nail piercing them both painfully. Excruciatingly.

"Tum jaisi ladkiyon ka kya hai. Aik jaye ga toh dosra fasa lena,

(So what about the girls like you. If you lost one (rich man) you can trap another!)"

"Welcome to hell, Khushi Kumari Gupta!"

"Maine kaha na, mai apni kismat khud banata hun. Maire saath wahi hota hai jo mai chahta hun. Aur sirf apni hi nahi auron ki kismat bhi mai hi likhta hun!

(I told you I make my own destiny. Whatever happens with me it does with my own will. And not only mine I write others' fate as well!)"

"Bhool gaya tha mai. Girna toh tumhari fitrat mai hai, (Oh I forgot. Falling low is in your nature!)"

"Mai tumhari asliyat jaanta hun. Tum aik giri hui ladki ho! (I know your real face. You're a low class filth!)"

"Iss ladki k liye mai aik minute bhi compromise nahi karun ga! (For this girl I won't compromise not even for a single minute!)"

"Jis ladki ne mairi insult ki hai, mairi baat kaatne ki himmat ki hai aur mujhe ulta jawab diya hai wo aaj maire saamne maire hi ghar mai khari hai. Nikal jao maire ghar se. GET OUT!

(The girl who has insulted me, had the audacity to cut my words and back-answer me is now standing in my own home. Leave my house right away. GET OUT!)"

"Mujhe iski shakal bhi nahi dekhni hai! (I don't even want to see her face!)"

"Kabhi resignation dene k liye, Kabhi party Mai mithai dene k bahane, pata nahi kon konse bahane kar kar ye yahan aati rahi hai!"

(Sometimes for giving resignation, another time to give sweets for the party, don't know how many excuses she made everytime to come here!)"

"Apni baaton se aur shakal ki bechaargi se shayad isne aap sabka dil jeet liya ho ga lekin maira nahi. Mai iska asli chehra jaanta hun!

(She might have won your hearts by her sweet talks and so-called innocent face but not mine. I know her real face very well)"

"I know that what type of girl you are. A gold digger. Who can do anything for money. Who trap rich men by pretending to be innocent. But in reality you all are always after their money!"

"You don't even exist for me!"

"Gift nahi toh tip samajh k rakh lo! (Consider it as a tip if not a gift!)"

"Ye mat samajhna k aik ameer aadmi tumhari payal ko seene se laga k betha tha. Maire liye uss baat ki ya tumhari koi ahmiyet nahi hai!

(Don't you get in any delusion that some rich man kept your anklet close to his heart. For me, that moment or you both means nothing!)"

"Sambhal k. Ye na ho k jisse tumne ameer samajh k fasaya hai wo iss bracelet ki tarah sasta nikle!

(Oh be careful. Who knows the man you have trapped assuming him to be rich might turn out as cheap as this bracelet)"

"Tumhe mujhse shaadi karni hogi. Abhi. Che mahine k liye. Warna mai tumhari behen ki shaadi apne Bhai Akash k sath nahi hone doonga!

(You have to marry me right now for 6 months otherwise I will not let your sister marry my brother Akash!)"

"Ab tum meri patni ho. Par sirf duniya ki nazron mai aur sirf che mahine ke liye. Uske baad main tumhe azaad kar dunga.

(Now you're my wife, but only for the world, and just for six months. After that I'd let you free!)"

"Par tab tak, tum mere ghar mein, mere saath, meri patni ban kar raho gi. Par yaad rakhna! Yeh sindoor, yeh mangalsutra, sirf aik samjhota hai. Na main kabhi apni biwi maanunga aur na kabhi apni biwi ka darja dunga!

(But till then, you'll stay in my house, with me, as my wife. But keep it in mind! THIS vermilion, this wedding chain, is just a compromise. Neither will I ever consider you my wife nor will I ever give you any rights of being my better half)"

"Tum jo chahti thi woh mil gaya tumhe. Aik ameer aadmi se Shaadi Kar k Tumne wo paa liya jo kabhi tumne sapne mai bhi nahi socha hoga. Theek kaha na maine Khushi Kumari Gupta!

(You got what you wanted. Marrying a rich man who could give you things which you could not think even in your dreams. Ain't I right, Khushi Kumari Gupta!)"

"Mujhe achi tarah pata hai tum kahan rehna chahti ho. Na wahan reh pao gi. Na maire saath. Do you understand?

(I know it very well where you want to live. Neither will you be able to live there nor with me. Do you understand?)"

"Aur aik baat achi tarah samajh lo. Iss kamre k bahir hum aik happily married couple ki acting karen gay. Jaanta hoon acting karne mai tum maahir ho.

(Get one more thing very clear in your head. Out of this room we'd act like a happily married couple. I know you're a pro in acting anyway)"

"Lekin iss kamre k ander tum maire liye kuch nahi ho. You mean nothing to me!

(But in this room you are a nobody for me. You mean nothing to me!)"

"Aaj se mairi jagah yahan hai aur tumahari wahan! (From today onward my place is here and yours, there!)" He said pointing to the floor of the poolside after throwing her out of the room on their wedding night.

"Haan tumhe itni takleef mai dekh k main bohat khush hoon. In fact maine ye sab kiya hi isliye ta k tumhe itni takleef mai dekh sakoon. Samjhi tum?

(Yes I'm thrilled to see you in this much pain. In fact I did all this only to see you miserable. Got that?)"

"Janana chahti ho kyun tumhe suffer karta hua dekhna chahta hoon? Kyun k tumse nafrat karta hoon. BECAUSE I HATE YOU!

(Want to know why I want to see you suffer? Because I detest you. Because I hate you)"

"Divorce documents mai dobara banwa sakta hoon aur unpe Akash k signatures bhi karwa sakta hoon and you know it. Sab kuch maire control mai tha, hai aur hamesha rahe ga. Isliye 6 mahine tak chup chaap wahi karo jo mai kehta hoon!

(I can get the divorce documents made again. Not only that I can also get Akash to sign them as well and you know it. Everything was, is and will always be under my total control. So you better quietly do as I say for six months)"

"Tumhare saath jo bhi hua tum usi k layak ho. In fact, aage jaa kar tumhare saath aur bhi bura hoga. (You deserve everything that has ever happened to you. In fact even more bad things would come to you in future!)"

"Khushi mujhe nahi pata hai ke tumhare dimaag mein kya chal raha hai par tum jo chahti ho vo tumhe kabhi nahi mil sakta.

(Khushi I don't know what's going on in your mind but whatever you desire you'd never get it)"

"Kaash mai sabko tumhari ghatiya harkaton aur ghatiyan baton k baaren mai bata pata jo tumne ki thi. Mai tumhari kisi bhi baat mai nahi aane wala aur tumhare inn nakli aanso'on mai toh bilkul bhi nahi. Tum mujhe inse kamzor nahi kar sakti.

(I wish I could tell everyone the truth about your disgusting ways and the repulsive words you uttered. I won't believe anything you say and especially not these tears. You can't make me weak using them)"

"Kyun ki mai tumhare aur Shyam k baray main jaanta hoon. Jaanta hoon k tumhara aur Shyam ka affair chal raha hai isiliye ki maine tumse shadi taa k mairi Di ki shadi ko tum say kisi tarha ka khatra na ho,

(Because I know about you and Shyam. I know that you both are having an affair. That's why I married you so that you won't remain a threat to my Di's marriage)"

"Mai nahi chahta tha k mairi Di ki zindagi mai aane wali nanhi si khushi iss Khushi ki wajah say barbad ho jaye!

(I couldn't let you ruin my sister's little happiness because of this girl named so-called Khushi!)"

"Tum jitna bahir say masoom dikhti ho ander se utni hi,

(No matter how innocent you look from outside but from inside--)"

"BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE A CHARACTER!"

Even after all that he put her through by misunderstanding her not just once but several times, forcefully marrying her ruthlessly without giving her any chance to explain let alone telling her the reason, making her life hell here on earth literally, labelling her as characterless and treating her like shit every single time she still, STILL came to save him from the claws of death, from kidnapper's clutches and almost lost her life saving his. In reward what did she get?

THIS!

An amazing 'gift' of even more awesome set of oh-so-great words of 'praise' from him!

"YEH SAB TUMHARI WAJAH SE HUA HAI!"

(All of this happened because of you!)

"Tum mairi zindagi mai ayi kyun? Mai tumse mila hi kyun?"

(Why did you come to my life? Why did I ever meet you at all?)

"Sab kuch theek tha aur sab se important baat Di khush thi!"

(Everything was fine and the most important thing Di was happy!)

"Sab tumhari galti hai Khushi. Kyun k agar tum nahi aati toh Shyam aisi harkat nahi karta. Di aaj bhi pehle ki tarah khush hoti,"

(All of this is your fault Khushi because if it weren't for you then Shyam wouldn't have done it. Di would still had been happy like before)

"You're the biggest mistake of my life Khushi Kumari Gupta!"

"Kaash mai tumse kabhi mila hi na hota!"

(I wish I had never met you!)

He splitted into sobs while sitting on the floor beside the closed doors of the operation theater, his knees bent to his chest, with his head in his hands, his fingers gripping the curled curves as he pulled at them unmindful of anyone watching in the open corridor.

He knew everyone was present there. They could see his most vulnerable side. His heartrending sobs. His silent plea of help. Desperation.

He could vaguely hear the whimpers of both the Guptas and Raizadas as well but he was long past caring about anything else ever since the doctor revealed that the chances of her survival were bare minimum. They'd have to prepare themselves for the worst.

Khushi Kumari Gupta--sniffle--Singh Raizada was losing the battle of life and he who claimed to have written his own destiny couldn't write the one single thing he so desperately wanted to write at this moment:

Her life. To extend her time. Get her to fight.

He has come running back home with remorse filled in his veins for what he uttered in his collosal anger, only to witness the most horrible sight ever in his life.

Khushi sprawled on her stomach in the pool of her own blood at the poolside unconscious. Unmoving. With her beautiful hazel eyes curtained with lids. Tear stains still visible on her face.

The smart shrewd ASR's brain stopped functioning that very moment as he stared horrified squealing out her name rushing to her with his heart clenching harder in his chest and bile of sheer terror rising up his stomach.

Reaching out to her with his trembling hands he turned her around carefully before placing her head on his lap caressing her cheeks wiping the tears, blood stains on her face in a daze.

His condition became much more pitiful and terrified as he registered the glass fragments puncturing all over her front till her lower abdomen with her shirt soaked all over with her blood oozing out of her presenting a quite disturbing picture for someone like him who has had held his mother once years ago in an almost similar condition and that was the very same day he lost her too. In his very arms.

It badly triggered him. He couldn't draw in breath. He couldn't produce a word. He couldn't gulp the big lump stuck in his throat. He couldn't do anything at all.

Dumbfounded he couldn't move at all either as it was all too much. He didn't react. He couldn't react.

His soul felt like it was being peeled out of him with exaggerated slowness making sure to cause him irrepressible pain yet at the same time clogging his throat in such a way to make sure he couldn't get the liberty to let his screams of hurt out either.

He didn't even register that some of the scattered shreds on the ground has penetrated his legs too.

The destruction happening inside of him was too much to make him feel anything else outside.

He just sat there numb until his eyes abruptly landed in the pool of blood and emotions struck him hard all of a sudden like a strike of lightening before he was gasping unrestrained chanting her name uncontrollably as waves of grief hit him hard from all sides and he begged literally. He pleaded like a man possessed,

"Khushi, Khushi, Khushi, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry sweetheart. I'm sorry. Please I didn't mean it. I didn't mean it. I'm so sorry,"

His hands got soaked as did his knees with both hers and his own blood whilst he sat in the pool of the red, the color he used to go crazy for whenever it has had wrapped her body, the color which would traumatize him now forever, with his body shaking badly and his eyes frantically looking for any sign of life in her.

Rational thinking still didn't get to him. He didn't know what to do. What should he do? Why wasn't she waking up? Why when he was shouting at her, pleading to her so gravely?

He didn't even realize that he got indulged in his own created hell for the longest two minutes of his life as he sat there terror struck calling out to her earnestly.

His yells grew profound when he couldn't find any response from her, causing the family to barge in to his room as his hysterical bellows has echoed in the whole mansion no sooner than that.

At that moment everyone forgot what happened before as Khushi's condition left them all downright dumbfounded as well as frightened out of their wits.

Akash informed the hospital, Manohar shook Arnav hard to get his bearing and pick her up to bring her to the hospital. Payal, Devyani, Anjali and even Manorama were sobbing in horror, blinding worry and unrestrained panic.

The next whole week was like a nightmare for them all. Especially Arnav as he went through hell and back over and over again every single moment.

Remorse so profound and cutting was running through his blood taking away his ability to think rationally. Fear of losing her was so collosal and consuming that he could barely breathe.

The desperation was like a separate entity surrounding him giving him hope as well as snatching it the next moment increasing his anguish manifold.

That moment of seeing her lying in her own blood all limp has burned it all. Every ounce of anger, arrogance, ego and ruthlessness he has ever had sucked out of his soul profoundly leaving behind nothing but just uninhibited agony and the extreme dread of losing her.

"Please be okay. Please be fine. I'll make it up to you. I promise I will. Just come back, Khushi. Please come back," He kept chanting under his breath as it all started to take a toll on him weighing him down heavily.

"I'll tell you everything I never did before. I will tell you how much insanely I'm in love with you. I'll tell you how much you mean to me. Please, please you're not a mistake, Khushi. You are not."

"Just be okay and be back to punish me. I'll take it all. I'll take everything but not this. Please don't punish me like this. I can't live without you. You are not a mistake. You're not. You'd never be. In fact--" He swallowed hard not being able to murmur to himself further as a huge lump got stuck in his throat. His vision blurred. He swallowed hard.

Biggest mistake of her life was him. His biggest mistake was always taking her for granted. That's the biggest truth of their lives. Nothing else.

He would tell her that the moment she would wake up. Yes he would. She would be fine. She won't give him the biggest punishment. She is not cruel. She is Khushi.

She'd fight and she'd come back like a winner. Yes she will. He consoled himself.

He'd gather all of her broken pieces himself and patch them back with his love. He'd heal her shattered self with utmost care. He'd never take her for granted ever again. Never again.

He needed one chance. Just one last one. He'd not make her regret it again. Ever, ever again.

"Please," He croaked out in a broken whisper.

Most of the glass shards have perforated her superficially but two larger chunks were lodged quite deeply. One in her heart and the other in her left kidney.

It took the doctors a whole day to take out the superficially penetrated pieces from her front, stitch her up and bandage her in midst trying to stop her from bleeding profusely.

She was infused two bags of blood that day for she has had lost too much of that, way before coming to the hospital. Risk of infections were also very high.

Three days of under strict intensive care in ICU with the two major lumps still stuck in her, her team of doctors who only were the best in the state arranged by Raizada men, decided it was time to remove the fragment from her kidney in the operation theater once her anesthesia evaluation gave them the clear card.

After 15 hours of continuous waiting and excruciating agony the head surgeon informed that the operation was successful and thankfully they're able to prevent much of the internal bleeding as well.

A tinge of hope settled in him of her recovery. In him. In all of them as everyone prayed with fervor for her well being, some sitting, some pacing and some crying in the same corridor they hadn't left for days.

Arnav with the help of Akash, Aman and Manohar arranged for the best international cardiovascular surgeons' team as the cardio surgeon here in the hospital who was the best in the country has already informed that her tests has revealed that the glass shard was lodged in the major vessel supplying the heart.

One wrong move while removing it and she'd internally bleed to death on the OT table itself, lose her life in a split of a second that even the senior doctor like him won't take the risk to kill the patient himself agreeing for such a complicated surgery.

A team of international surgeons came to Delhi in a record time and a still unconscious Khushi was taken to the OT for another major surgery two days later.

Now she was in the operation theater for more than a day and still there was no news of her until one of the doctors came out and informed that the patient went into cardiac arrest two times during the operation from which she was barely revived.

The fragment was taken out finally but the blood loss was too much, they have tried their best but the patient is barely surviving. They should prepare themselves for the worst that even if this operation is done successfully at the end there is no guarantee she would make through it in the long run.

"In sometime she'd be shifted back to the ICU. I suggest you all then should see her one last time and say your goodbyes one by one. Anything could happen anytime. Keep that in mind."

Saying this the doctor went back inside the OT while a pin drop silence followed his declaration until loud sobs started reverberating in the corridor.

The great ASR held the wall for support staggering back as tremors shoot through him with his face a picture of misery and eyes widened in horror before he fell against the wall on the very floor beside the OT closed doors as his vision blurred with unshed tears until he couldn't hold back his cries anymore and splinted into gut wrenching sobs out loud stilling everyone else's breakdown as they stared at him aghast for in front of all the mighty Arnav Singh Raizada finally broke down absolutely right there on his very knees with all of his broken pieces laid completely bare.

The man who claimed to be the writer of his own fate was defeated by the vengeance of the REAL destiny and in that moment he realized he was no supreme power, he was no god. In fact,

HE WAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

He was just a nobody who in the obsession to prove himself ABOVE ALL and RIGHT has lost the only good thing that has ever happened to him. The same woman has loved even a monster like him unconditionally.

"Aik din aap jaane gay k aap ne jo kuch bhi likha wo kisi nay aap ka hath pakar kar aap say likhwaya tha. Lekin us din ye dekhne k liye hum wahan aap k saath wahan nahi honge!

(One day you'd know that whatever you wrote someone forced you to write it the way HE wanted it. But when that time came I won't be there with you to see it happen)"

"Phir aapki zindagi ki sabse achi aur Ranjhe ki zindagi ki sabse buri ghari aye gi, (Then your life's most joyful and Ranjhe's life saddest moment would come!)"

"Matlab? (Means?)"

"Hum mar jayen gay! (I will die!)"

"Sochiye hum bhi aik taara ban gaye. Raat mai daayen se teesra jo sabse zyada chamakta hai wo hum hain!

(Think that I also became a star. The third one to the right at night which shines the brightest!)"

With his head in his hands and shoulders shaking with piercing cries leaving him, the familiar voices rung in his head doubling him over and increasing his sobs into heartwrenching screams of angst as a sense of deja-vu hit him hard for he realized right that instant what he was asking for so desperately right now has already been given to him not so long ago.

That he was given the very last chance to rectify his biggest mistakes right there on that cliff itself when she came back from death's clutches in his arms after saving his life and he fucking threw it away instead of cherishing it. Cherishing her.

Instead of honoring them if you take the chances given to you on the silver platter by the fate itself for granted then THIS is how it gets snatched back from you mercilessly without any warning like an invisible tight slap on your face.

It was now the destiny's ruthless payback for him to have thrown away that golden chance given to him to patch up her broken pieces.

That was her second and last chance to live. That was his chance to live and mend his ways to heal her and them as well.

Third time, this time she won't be that lucky. He won't be that lucky either as miracles happens once in a lifetime and he has had lived that miracle already on that cliff few days ago.

Now he'd have to live a lifetime of enormous regrets, tons of unsaid words, millions of wistful thinking all alone and she'd be gone forever taking away herself, the only woman whom he has ever loved and ever would till his last breath with all of his broken pieces.

"Kyun k baat aap ki hai farak padhta hai. Agar kisi aur ki hoti toh nahi padhta. Aur agar aap hi aise chale jayen gay toh hum saans hi nahi le-

(Because it's you that's why it matters. If it was anyone else it wouldn't have made any difference. And if you left like this then I won't be able to breath-)"

Khushi Kumari Gupta wasn't lying. And with him, she was always brutally honest even when she hated him.

She has told him clearly with so much desperation that she won't be able to breathe without him and still he left her behind despite her various pleadings.

So what's wrong in it if she is only upholding her words? Why should she listen to his pleas now? Why? And for what? To get humiliated again and again?

To be called characterless, a gold-digger, the biggest mistake of his, everyone's life? To hear that everything and everyone would have been fine if not for her existence?

All she is doing now is only removing the biggest obstacle from their, especially his life. After her, he and his beloved Di and family could get all the 'happiness' that has been snatched away from them because of her. Fair enough isn't it? His own conscience mocked him sarcastically destructing his already destructive insides.

No. No. No. He shook his head raising it up from his knees in a snap. No. No. No. He screamed in his mind. Chills ran down his spine. Blood ran cold in his veins.

He sprang up to stand as if electrocuted before banging the closed doors of the operation theater frantically, losing the last semblance of sanity and maniacally started bellowing,

"No it can't be. She can't go. She won't. I won't let her. No. No. No. No. No. NO. KHUSHI!!"

"Aajse. In fact issi pal se mairi zindagi se nikal jao!

(From today. In fact from right this moment get out of my life!)"

"Na tumhari shakal dekhni hai. Na tumse koi baat karni hai. Aur ye definitely maire haath mai hai Khushi Kumari Gupta!

(Neither I want to see your face nor talk to you. And this definitely is in my hands!)"

Kindly do let me know how was it through your votes and comments :)

Edited: It's sequel is up now. Scroll down to the next shot ;)

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro