1|A Creepy Kid Moves In To Town

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Aru peeked out her bedroom window to spy on the girl across the street. She was sitting on a swing under a tree while reading a book, but Aru couldn't read the title from so far away.

"Aru," Mini chided. "Stop stalking your new neighbor! It's not like she's going to do something illegal."

Aru sighed as Brynne joined in. "Yeah, why are you being so paranoid? Did she do anything wrong or something?"

Mini and Brynne were Aru's soul sisters. They had defeated the Sleeper, Aru's sort-of father (that's a story for another time), and saved the world together along with Aiden, Aru's boyfriend who was also here.

"I ran into her a few days ago," she explained. "I don't know what, but something seemed off about her. Do you think she could be an rakshasa or something like that?"

"Just because someone gives off a bad vibe doesn't mean we should resort to stalking," Aiden lectured, fiddling with his camera.

"I'm not stalking!" Aru insisted, throwing her hands up into the air out of exasperation.

Brynne rolled her eyes. "If you say so."

As Aru stalked- I mean looked at her like someone who wasn't stalking her, the girl seemed to sense a presence watching her and started to turn her head in the direction of Aru's bedroom window. Before she spotted the girl spying on her, a voice called out.

"Jemisha, can you put away some of your boxes?"

"I'll be right there, Dad!" the girl, Jemisha, called back.  She glanced at the window that Aru had already gotten out of view from. Without another thought, Jemisha strolled inside her new home, leaving behind a sense of something cold and dark.

Aru felt her heartbeat pounding in her chest. The creepy kid knew she was watching from the window. How?

"I guess you were right," Mini admitted as she tried to get rid of the goosebumps.

Brynne gulped. "Nothing good ever happens when Aru is right. Jemisha is bad news." Aru wanted to glare at her, but she was still shaking from watching the girl.

"Maybe-" Aiden tried to start. "Maybe we should keep an eye on her just in case."

Aru nodded. "Call Rudy, Nikita, and Sheela. If this turns out to be a grand adventure, we're going to need some help."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro