01 | spring day

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

❝ Pass the end of winter's cold until the spring day comes again. Until the flowers bloom again, please stay, please stay there a little longer ❞ — Spring Day, BTS

C H A P T E R  O N E

NO ONE KNOWS HOW FORTUNATE it is to have a family until it's broken. The questions thereafter would be what is the definition of a family and what are the characteristics of a functioning family?

No, it's ironic, really. Infuriating when someone has no clue where another person comes from and has a hard time attempting to fit in the shoes of the helpless, delicate person screaming to be saved despite wearing a nonchalant face.

Venomous when affection, support, understanding, health, needs, and many more qualities are ignored over, and over again increasing the swollen area that it's evident and burning red.

Either bursting the cell or causing severe damage. The person realizes the truth only when it's too late. Getting excited or emotional, or maybe too emotional.

Except everything shatters.

Like glass breaking or worse—breaking someone else's future.

The sound of yelling bounces off the walls, and exasperated sighs escape the adult's tense mouths as they stand across each other, glistening eyes brimming with hot tears.

Everyone knows by now that the existence of life begins with the atom. From there, molecules, macromolecules, a fancy name for many molecules, organelle, and finally, a cell.

Yes, a person has several cells that make them up.

Taking care of others, and the person themselves is especially significant. The cells will thank you, always remember that. Always remember that everyone biologically is the same. The characteristics that make them unique shouldn't be taken advantage of.

"He's our son, Jihun," her eyes rip away from his in disbelief.

The young woman starts to feel her pulse slowly get weak, playing with the diamond necklace adorning her neck, feeling her heartbeat thump lightly. Locks of long wavy cedar hair roll in waves past her shoulders, clenching the fabric of her lapis dress.

She finds herself growing vulnerable, mind revolving around her son, and the aftermath of the decision she will decide with her husband. So, she sits on the stool next to the kitchen island to calm the storm whirling inside of her.

"He wouldn't want this," she whispers. "I wish we could just run away," her head raises to meet his eyes, looking at her with concern, affection sparking beneath the furrowed brows.

His jaw tenses, listening to his wife. He knows she's right and leaving him abandoned without an explanation is equivalent to a crime. Realizing he's grown up and helped raise him with his mom, his heart aches. Letting Jongho go isn't easy.

Jihun doesn't want to leave Hajoon either but at the cost of society destroying their family because their against them for their marriage, even threatening their families to murder his wife's grandfather, then he has to.

His entire family is in a dangerous, difficult situation requiring them to split up.

Leave no trace of information proving their relationship to one another.

None of them have told Jongho the hard cold truth about who they are.

Jihun and Hajoon were enemies.

Right from the beginning. Right from childhood.

And then came adulthood.

And politics.

Hajoon's codename was Saturn.

Jihun's code name was Mercury.

Looking at the astrological perspective, these plants are far apart from one another, and they're meant to be for various reasons, but Jihun and Hajoon are human.

Of course, they fell in love despite the laws.

The ability of logic evaporates as volatile molecules and emotional stability cancels it out, without a strong force holding ground. In other words, emotions almost always interfere with logic.

The famous detective on 221B Baker Street reminded her sister that she was getting emotional again.

And she reminded him, too.

"That's exactly what we're doing," Jihun walks towards Hajoon, "But we can't let them know we're together anymore for our safety," bringing an arm at the base of her neck, he gently pushes her head against his chest. "I promised to never leave you or our son," he tells her, wiping away the tears spilling down her cheeks when she pulls away. "It's like we're going undercover."

The creak of the entrance door and the loud "Mom, dad, I'm home!" as the door shuts startles the parents.

Jihun's gaze lands on the entrance of the kitchen door, heartbeat resonating in his ears, shifting his gaze back to Hajoon's hazelnut eyes sparking in concern from the lights above.

There's an aching echo of their heartbeats matching each other's rhythm as they move toward each other, nodding.

Raising their chin and swallowing the lump resting in their throat, the under covers mask an expression of disgust—perhaps disappointment reflecting on their faces.

They don't want this.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to destroy our kid's future!"

"What future? Isn't the world already cruel enough, for you, love? Jongho can do whatever he wants, and wishes, and even if he wants to become an astronaut, I wouldn't mind. His aspirations and his love are his. We are there to support him. If you're not okay, then fine."

"Fine."

"I think we should divorce."

At the sound of the door creaking open, and the argument reaching his ears, the brunette steps inside the kitchen slowly. His footsteps are faint as his gaze falls on his mother, then his dad.

Realizing the intensity of the atmosphere, his shoulders drop, and so does the medical school acceptance letter onto the marble floor. He can feel his heart break in half, replaying his parents arguing in his head.

He out of the kitchen. Out through the entrance door.

"Jongho!"

Hajoon reaches out to him, but Jihun stops her, grabbing her arms firmly but gently.

"Let him go. He'll come back, and we should be gone by then."

"There really wasn't any other way, was there?"

"Playing undercover always works no matter the occasion."

"I hate how you think, but you're right."

"Don't get emotional again, Hajoon."

"Is that why we fell for each other, Jihun?" She turns around and looks up at him with heartbreak glittering in her eyes. "Because if so, I'm afraid you've taught Jongho well."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

A U T H O R 'S N O T E

Okay, first of all, I apologize for the long wait and the late update (as usual) but I finally got the chance to write and wanted to update no matter what. So, what do you think? We got the first chapter in and introduced the family! Also, if you enjoyed reading, please don't forget to vote, and comment. It means a lot to me and helps with the visibility of the fic.

I wouldn't have got to write the first chapter if it wasn't for you love @PXRADISE_LXST like I've been struggling with writing because of a lack of inspiration and motivation in general, but your encouragement for me to started pushed to me at least write 400 words last Thursday

Again, thank you to everyone who's giving Eternal Sunshine a chance 💖

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro