00. Prologue

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

JUNE , 2017| 4 YEARS AGO

Hearing the shuffling of footsteps behind me, I turned around only to see him standing right in front of me, with a goofy grin plastered onto his face. A sudden pang of pain hit my chest as soon as my gaze clashed with his, and I clenched the hem of my dress tightly, trying my hardest not to break down in front of him.

"Did you wait for long?" He chimed as his hand reached for mine, only to be yanked off by me right away. The smile fell off his face at my response, and he stared at me with a perplexed expression.

I inhaled sharply before looking at him with a grim face, "We need to talk."

"What happened?" His brows knitted together, and he batted his eyelashes at me. "Did...did I do something wrong?" He asked hesitantly and once again tried to reach for my hand, but I stepped back, increasing the distance between us.

"I can't do this anymore. I'm tired of you, Taehyung," I stated indifferently, avoiding his gaze, which I knew for sure was fixated on me.

"Wh-what do you m-mean? You're tired...of me?" He questioned as his voice started to shake slightly.

"Yes, I am. We should break up," I asserted with my own heart sinking to the bottom, but I tried my best not to lose my composure, to not let the tears, which were stinging at the back of my eyes, fall.

"You must be joking, r-right? It's not true. It can't be. You...you love me!" He let out as his eyes started welling up.

My heart throbbed with pain; I couldn't bear to look at those teary eyes. I wanted to hug him right away and tell him that he was right— that I loved him more than anything, but I couldn't do any of that. Instead, I turned my back at him and spatted, "Do I look like I'm joking?"

"No, you can't do this to me. You don't get to say what you want! What in the world did I even do? At least tell me what's my fault?" He bawled out but didn't receive any response from me. What was I even supposed to say? Because he wasn't at fault, he didn't do anything wrong. His only fault was that he fell for me. Out of all the people, it was me.

"Please Hana, say something," his voice was pleading, almost begging me to say that it was just a prank, but it was not.

Gathering all the courage I was left with, I finally spoke, "I fell out of love with you Taehyung, I can't stay with you anymore."

My heart and soul burned in agony with every second passing by. I bit my lip, squeezing my eyes shut to prevent the tears from spilling out. He swerved me around from my shoulders harshly to make me look at him, but I couldn't even meet his gaze. I was feeling ashamed of myself to stand in front of him.

"Why are you avoiding my eyes? Say that looking into my eyes, say that you don't love me anymore," he demanded, anger clearly laced in his voice. I raised my head slowly to look at him, and a lump started to form at the back of my throat.

"I... I don't love-" I didn't get to complete my words because he had slammed his lips onto mine harshly. It wasn't a kiss but just him lashing out all of his anger on me. I quivered under his touch; the tears, which I was holding on to for so long, finally broke out free. I squirmed against his tight grip to free myself, but I could not move even an inch. He was much stronger than me, and there was barely any strength left in me anymore. But as soon as I stopped and gave up, he jerked me away, detaching himself from me, and I stumbled back on my feet.

"I loved you Hana, but this is what I get in return? Was everything just a joke for you?" He yelled, and the veins of his neck popped out.

"Was my love not enough for you, huh? What happened to all the promises we made?" He growled.

"Promises are meant to be broken, Taehyung," I murmured, looking down at my feet. And with that said, I made sure that I would be hated by him forever. I hated myself for breaking his heart, he loved me unconditionally, but all I did was hurt him.

I regretted meeting him; if only we hadn't met, he wouldn't be in pain.

"I can't believe that you're the same person...the same girl I fell in love with it. Never show me your face again, Hana," he hissed bitterly before walking away and never turned back to look at me even for once. My knees gave up, and I fell on the ground wirelessly, watching his figure diminishing from my sight gradually, and then he was gone forever.

He was just like a sweet dream on a midsummer night, and it was finally the time for me to wake up from that dream and return to the cruel reality.

━━━━━━━✿✿✿━━━━━━━

I'm going to name the female lead Hana instead of using y/n in this book because I want to make the character appear more realistic and it's more convenient for me, I guess. And also, I won't be using pov specifications, I'll be using a line breaker instead which indicates the change in pov of the characters.

Btw what do you think about the prologue my loves?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro