08. Trouble

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

This obscuring frustration and dejection has held my mind captive, and it's driving me insane. I just had to make it more worse than it already was. It's been two days already, and I've been trying my best to avoid any kind of encounter with Taehyung. I feel like running away from all of this, like the coward I've always been.

Why? I myself am not sure. I just don't want to face him after what happened the other night. It's as if I'm afraid to look at his disappointed and distant eyes. How ironic of me it was to call him a jerk when I had been the worst here.

My mind is so much of a mess. Moreover, this terrorizing feeling won't go away. When I know there's someone out there waiting to hurt Jimin anytime, how can I not be perturbed?

“Why am I like this?” a sigh escaped my lips as my I fell back on the couch, closing my eyes shut.

“Like what?” Jimin's sleepy voice reverberated in my ears, and my head turned towards him as I sighed again.

“I don't know, I'm frustrated with myself... and I'm more worried about you,” I muttered while rubbing my temple.

“You're at that again,” this time he was the one to sigh before he continued, “I told you not to worry about that. I'm safe, and the cops are already investigating the case, that bastard will be caught soon”.

“Jimin, we need to be careful until they catch him. He tried to fucking kill you! How can you take this so casually!?”

“Slow down honey, the whole hospital doesn't want to know that," he rolled his eyes.

“I can't believe you. Here, I'm unable to sleep properly and you just -”

“Hana I'm not letting my guard down. I know this is fucking serious, but I'm just asking you to think a bit positively,” he stated as he sat up with a look of seriousness on his fizzog and his back rested against the pillow behind him.

“But, it's hard not to have weird thoughts, you never know Jimin!” I exhaled.

“I know it's hard for you, but you can at least try not to ponder over those thoughts,” he said sedately. I just nodded in assurance. Although, I knew I would still be thinking about all kind of possibilities.

“Now, what else is bothering you?” his brows lifted upwards. But before I could give him a convincing answer, a loud blare of my mobile phone resonated in the room, as the screen flashed an unknown number. My brows furrowed as I slid the green button on screen to answer the call.

I waited for someone to speak from the other line, but all I could hear was a dead silence. And after a minute or two of waiting for someone to speak, the call disconnected itself.

“Who's it?” Jimin questioned.

“I don't know, nobody spoke. It was an unknown number," I replied, still staring at the screen in confusion.

“Someone must have dialed accidentally.”

“Yeah, seems so.” I shrugged as I stood up, tossing the phone in my jeans pocket.

“Jimin, I'm just going to grab something for dinner. Do you need oatmeal or something?”

He shook his head, "I don't have much appetite, I'd rather sleep.”

“Sure, suit yourself, I'll be back soon”

It was almost past eight in the evening when I was sauntering down the corridors of the hospital, making my way towards that Park guy's room. I just had to check up on him before I could get off my shift.

My feet halted in front of the room when I heard a loud thud, followed by the shattering and smashing of things inside the room. An alarm instantly rung in my mind and without wasting another second I busted the door open.

A terrifying sight unfolded in front of my eyes as my eyes widened in shock. Shards of medicine glass bottles along with the saline stand were scattered on the floor, and a man disguised in the doctor gown was strangling down the brunette man beneath him, who was struggling to free himself from his grip.

“Who the hell are you!?” I immediately jolted towards the said disguised man as my hands reached down to grab him by the collar, pulling him back from the struggling brunette. But his reflexes were fast enough for my mind to register as he pushed me back, throwing a punch at my face which caused me to stumble backward.

“Noooo!” A screech left my mouth when I saw a syringe in his hands being aimed towards the other man.

I bolted towards him, balancing my weight on my left foot, and threw my right fist out in a curved punch at his temple. He groaned in pain and the next thing I knew was he had stepped back and swung at me instead. A jolting pain coursed through me as his fist suddenly landed on my stomach with a great force. He pushed me back, and I landed on the floor while recoiling back.

“This is what you get for meddling with other's business doctor” the man scoffed before picking up the syringe from the floor which, I assumed, must have fallen down while he flung at me.

He walked towards the bed again but was alarmed when the scampering of feet was heard from outside and as if in cue the door flung open as the security guards barged in. A shriek echoed in the room before the disguised man sprinted out of the room, hurriedly pushing back guards to the side. All of this happened in a matter of few seconds, and I was still on the floor while wincing in pain.

“Hurry! Catch him!” I shouted at guards as I managed to get up on my feet again.

“D-doctor!" the whimper of the man who was sprawled on the bed caught my attention. His body trembled as he pointed towards the door, he was barely keeping his eyes open while gasping to breathe.

“Oh no!” I breathed out when I saw the syringe lying beside him, and then my gaze landed on a small bottle lying on the floor near the bed.

“Mr. Park, just hang on there!” I uttered as I picked up the bottle for examining what exactly was injected in his body.

Nurse Lee came running inside the room and I witnessed how her eyes grew big in shock as she began to examine the surroundings. “Doctor w-what happened here? You are b-bleeding!” she quavered, terror transparent on her face like the clear water.

“We don't have time for this right now, he was injected with potassium. His heart can go in the condition of cardiac arrest any minute, we need to give him antidote as soon as possible!” I shouted in urgency as I wiped the blood off of my lips.

━━━━━━━✿✿✿━━━━━━━

Hey loves! Sorry for the late update , I was busy because of my assignments. Anyways , what do you think about the chapter?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro