Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

❝𝕭𝖊 𝖕𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝖜𝖍𝖔 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖆𝖗𝖊,
𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖓𝖔𝖙 𝖆𝖘𝖍𝖆𝖒𝖊𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝖍𝖔𝖜
𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖊𝖑𝖘𝖊 𝖘𝖊𝖊𝖘 𝖞𝖔𝖚.❞
- 𝖀𝖓𝖐𝖓𝖔𝖜𝖓

Your POV:

I gave the final stroke on the painting that I had been working on for the past few days. Heaving out a sigh of relief, I smiled at the painting.

The painting showed the face of a girl, painted in different colour strokes. She was smiling but I had tried my best to show the pain and sadness in her eyes. I was going to name the painting 'eccendentiast'.

The head of a figure popped from the corner of the door of our shared dorm. Song Min-ji grinned as she stepped inside, putting her camera on the table beside the door and walking up to me.

"Wow, that's a really cool painting," she said, impressed by it. I passed her a small smile before I looked it over for any mistakes or places needing a finishing touch. When I found none, I clapped my hands. "What's it for?"

"Nothing," I said, pushing it beside the table where it could dry in peace. I turned to face Min-ji who was looking at it bemusedly. "What's wrong?"

"Is she... Is she sad?" She asked hesitantly. "Like, I don't know, her eyes feel... heavy. Like they hold something we don't know."

I grinned at her as I walked to the bathroom to wash my brushes.

"That's the essence, Min-ji," I told her as I started the tap water. I started cleaning the brushes quickly.

"You're amazing," she said, shaking her head. I could see her from the mirror doing so. I didn't say anything but continued my work with a smile etched on my face. When I looked up, the smile dropped and was instead replaced by a frown.

I could see my chubby cheeks and eyes that were the same size as my lower lip. The signs of a few acne scars that littered my face and the fat around my body that made me feel self-conscious.

I wasn't exactly fat, with really big chunks, but I was overweight. I was ugly. And I hated it. I despised the fact that I couldn't be like the other girls, who were slim and pretty. Whose lips were thin unlike mine, which were plump and soft. Whose eyes were wider than my own slightly narrow ones.

As I stared at my reflection, I couldn't help but smile sadly, knowing that this was how I was going to remain for the rest of my life.

Maybe that girl I drew was me all along.

●◐○

The room was dark since it was night-time and no one was in our dormitory, except for a few people who had no social lives. Or like me, who had no interest in parties.

Friday nights were the best time to read through books, because the dormitory was more silent than it ever could be, with most of the students having gone to one of the hundred different parties taking place everywhere possible.

My two roommates, complete party-animals, had pleaded me again tonight but I simply chose my latest book over the party. They left after they were convinced that I'm not going to go out.

It's not that I hate parties; no, it's just that they don't interest me. What's interesting in drunk students, horny teenagers, vomitting people and loud music that literally vibrates through your body? I would never understand.

I stared at the ceiling like I had been doing for the past fifteen minutes, since I finished my book and didn't have much to do. I had finished my homework, my dinner and I was bored out of my mind. Until I got a call.

"(Y/n)~," the voice of my other friend, Kang Eul-soo, drifted through the receiver. "Hey, hey, did you know who Ta- Taehyung hooked u- up with?"

My breath hitched at the familiar name but I didn't speak anything, waiting for her to complete.

"That b*tch, Sang Jae-hee," she slurred, and I felt as if I couldn't breathe. "Why do you even like that guy? He doesn't even know you e- exist, missing out on what could be the best thing to ever happen to him and going for that sl*t-"

There was a crash on the other side and I flinched hearing a few scuffles, some familiar voices before someone spoke in it again.

"(Y/n)," Min-ji's voice was heavy, like it always became when she got drunk. "Don't listen to her. She's beyond drunk. Taehyung knows you exist. And I'm sure he will realise soon what a blessing you are. But right now, can you please come to Jimin's house? To get us both? I'm half-drunk, still sober to understand but Eul-soo's out of control. I can't get her to come back."

"Yeah, I'm coming," I said quietly, my eyes flickering to the clock on the wall that showed 10:30. "Be there in ten."

"Uh-huh," she hummed in response. I could feel her smile from the other side. "Thanks, you're a lifesaver."

"Hm," I replied before whispering a bye and hanging up. I pulled on a black coat to cover up my pajamas, grabbed my phone and room keys before stepping out.

I tried not to think of my four-year long crush snogging the prettiest girl in our year. Well, Kim Taehyung could bag any girl he wanted, and wishing for his attention was futile.

Taehyung probably liked girls who were slim and tall with dresses that showed quite a lot of their body. I was the exact opposite, chubby, kinda shorter than normal and wearing clothes that were normal, not skimpy.

Still, there was something about him that drew me in, and if falling for somebody was a choice, then I wouldn't have chosen Kim Taehyung. But the fact that he was unattainable drew me in all the more. How ironic.

It took me five minutes to reach Jimin's house; Park Jimin, best friend of Taehyung. I could hear the music blasting from quite a few yards away. I knocked on the door and waited for someone to open it. I wasn't expecting anyone to actually do it, but it happened.

And when my eyes met the person's who opened the door, I felt my breath leave my body, leaving me to die in peace.

◣◥◣◥◣◥◤◢◤◢◤◢

Updated/Published On:
19th July 2020
19/07/2020

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro