Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Xander's pack house was beautiful. It was a full fledged castle. It was made entirely out of stone and seemed to be an architectural feat. Tall spires climbed up to the sky with grandiose ornaments supporting the towers. Everything about it seemed large and gothic, nothing like what she had pictured. Rather than a typical mansion, this "house" was out of a storybook. It seemed like the dark lair of an evil king who planned to kidnap the princess of a neighboring country. Perfect for a murderer.

The large entryway was guarded by arches that blended into the walls, sculptures of wolves sitting on top of the columns, watching from above. Inside was even more palatial. Kaya echoed Xander's heavy footsteps as she tilted her head up to admire the ceiling.

The roof was so ornate, with its large arches making the place seem even bigger. It was dark, lit by only a single crystal chandelier with its lights dimmed to resemble tiny flames licking against dark metal.

Xander untangled their fingers when they reached a kitchen. Just like the rest of the castle, it was made with stone bricks, resembling a Disneyland restaurant.

She was just too dumbfounded by...well, everything.

"You must be hungry," Xander was already looking through the fancy, industrial fridge. "What would you like to eat? We have everything."

Kaya nodded her head. She hadn't eaten since the morning of the massacre, which was already hours ago.

"I'm fine with whatever." She softly spoke, trying her best to keep her head down.

Xander nodded as he took out bread and various types of spreads.

"Long time no see, Darling."

Kaya looked up, shocked at the person in front of her.

"How are you here?" She wanted to say. Instead she just closed her hanging jaw and tried to keep her eyes quiet and innocent.

"I'm glad you managed to get out of that shit hole." She smiled, "But have you really upgraded your living conditions? I mean, you fucking live with a murderer now. Are you really that better off here than back home, where you can get help?"

Typical Belle. Always on the side of her lovely organization.

"Do you know where the bathroom is?" She asked Xander.

"It's in the hallway to the left. Fifth door to the right." He was staring at her hands that were resting on the counter.

"Thank you," she whispered, making her way there--Belle fast on her heels.

When she was out of hearing range, she began to speak to Belle.

"How are you here?" She asked.

It had been years since Belle had appeared. Usually, it was just her parents. Belle had died a really long time ago, and she rarely ever visited Kaya. The last time she did, Belle and Kaya had a fight. After that, she never came back.

"Well, I thought it would be important to remind you where you should be."

"The hospital?" Kaya was so annoyed with her. "All they do is stuff pills down my throat and hope they work. They've done that since you left."

Belle's eyes widened slightly, as if she wasn't expecting that to have happened.

"So you never got help there?"

Kaya rolled her eyes.

"You would've known if you didn't leave me."

Belle rolled her eyes now.

"It wasn't my choice. I died, remember?"

Kaya ignored this.

In fact, she ignored Belle altogether.

She turned around and made her way back to the kitchen, praying to God that Belle wouldn't follow.

When Kaya returned to the kitchen, Xander had already made her a simple sandwich.

How terribly boring.

Kaya's mouth turned curved up into a charming smile. "That looks delicious. Thank you so much."

Xander's eyes brightened, delighted that his mate was happy.

"How cute," Belle's voice came from on top of the counter, resting right next to the sandwich, "Your beloved mate is making you such a delicious sandwich. Does he know of your lovely plans?"

Belle's words went in one ear and out the other.

Kaya began to nibble at the sandwich, realizing how hungry she was.

"I'm glad you like it." Xander's eyes glittered like tacky, plastic sequins as he watched her gently nibble on the sandwich.

Kaya nodded in acknowledgement.

She wanted to be out of here already, her mind impatient to plan out the different scenarios of a murderer's murder.

When she had finished eating her sandwich, which felt like hours later, she stood up and hugged her mate.

"Thank you for this," She whispered into him.

He just hugged her tighter.

How suffocating.

They stood like that for a while. Despite wanting to break the embrace, she bit her tongue as she nuzzled further into him.

"Alpha, the council is looking for you." Finally! She was saved!

Kaya abruptly yanked her body out of his arms as if she were embarrassed to be seen with him like that. She even managed to add a slight pink blush to her cheeks.

"Okay." Xander softly spoke to her, "Will you be okay on your own?"

Kaya nodded as she looked down at his feet.

If she were to look him in the eye right now, her eyes would be full of a maniacal glee; which was why her head was down under the guise of shyness and embarrassment.

Xander and his pack member finally left as she began to look around.

While the outside was more gothic and majestic looking, the inside, aside from the various foyers and hallways, was more of a modern and minimalistic style. The rooms were extremely modern, usually consisting of only a few solid colors, while the halls and larger more formal rooms were extremely palatial with arches and grand carvings.

The contrast of aesthetics were intriguing and made her want to explore more. With each room she discovered, she wondered whether this would be the room where she would get her revenge.

Eventually, she found a large wooden door at the bottom of a basement. It closely resembled the door of the Evil Queen's lair in Snow White. The worn, rusted hinges shrilly wailed as the door opened. Someone seriously had to fix that door.

She was shocked looking at the large hallway on the other side of the door.

It was all silver--bars and bars of silver.

Each bright cell was occupied with gaunt and shriveled bodies. They looked like dogs at an abusive pound.

The stone walls were dark and musty as chains hung from them. There were no windows, and no light at all. It was just dark, the only light coming from the door she had just opened.

What would it be like to lock him up here? To have him starve in isolation as his life rotted by unable to move. It was as good as burying him alive...No, it was even better. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro