Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

It was the next morning and my car is not as comfy as I thought it was. I was actually woken up by a phone call. I quickly looked at Lexi, to make sure it didn't wake her.  It didn't. So, I got out of the car and answered it. It's from my mom. I told Lexi she would call. I picked it up. 

"Hello?" I questioned.

"Oh good you picked up!" My mom was panicking, "It's horrible!"

"Wh-what's horrible? Are you okay?" 

"Bryon's cancer came back. He's taking kemo again." 

Damn it. If I tell Lexi, she's gonna want to go back, but I can't leave, I just got started. I know that's selfish and I shouldn't be thinking that way, but my dream is so close, I can feel it. I took a deep breathe, "Did you just ind out?"

"No, we knew the day after you left." 

Okay, so that kind of pisses me. How could you keep that big of secret away from his own brother? 

"I already told Jimmy and told him not to tell you, I didn't want you to worry." 

"Wait. You told Jimmy and not me! I know I'm the youngest, but I still deserve to know!" 

"It was Bryon's idea. He didn't want you to give up everything and come back here." 

"I wasn't going to. I'm sorry mom, I know this really fucking sucks, but he's right, I can't give up." 

"Did you just swear?" She ignored everything and focused on that one bit. Which was kind of stupid, so what if I started to swear, it doesn't change anything. I'm still the same kid I was before, just a little bit more edgier. 

"Yeah, so what? Your son has cancer."

"New York changed you! How does Jimmy feel about this attitude?" She started to make a big deal out of it. 

"Like he would ever care! He kicked me out! Now I'm stuck living in my car because of him!" I yelled.

"Why was this not brought to my attention? You better come home right now."

"No. I let you control my life for eighteen years, here is where I draw the line! Mom. I'm staying in New York and making my screenplay a thing. You can't do anything about it," I replied this fight is so stupid and completely pointless, "I think I'm going to stop telling you everything because that seems to be your plan." 

"You're turning into your father." She stated.

That was actually the worse insult anyone could ever give, "Don't you ever call me that piece of shit again!" I hung up. I walked back to my car, filled with anger, but I knew if I walked in, Lexi would wake up. She would ask why I'm so angry, I would tell her, she would probably side with my mom. She would probably want us to go back and I can't. So, instead of that, I decided to take a look around this place. But before I could, Big Bud stopped me.

"I heard you yelling on the phone, everything, okay?" 

I shook my head, "Not in the slightest. My mom kept my brother's cancer from me and then proceeded to say I was just like my dead dad." 

"Damn. Was he really that bad?"

"Yeah, but I don't like talking about him. It's not a big deal." I shrugged.

"I get it, parents are the worst." He smiled a little, trying to cheer me up. 

It worked a little, "You're speaking from experience?" 

He shook his head, "I didn't know my real parents, they gave me up for adoption a few years after I was born. I grew up in a pretty average home. Got my paralegal license and now I'm homeless."

I looked at him very confused, "If you don't mind me asking, how did you become homeless?"

He down, in shame, "I got too obsessed with trying to find out who my real parents were. It got to the point where I had a mental break down. After that, no one wanted me to work with them. I fucked up my whole life with one tiny detail." 

I sunk a little. That really sucks about Big Bud. But what if this ends up being me? What if I become too obsessed with making my dream a thing, that I have a mental break down? Was my mom right? Should I go home?

"I never discovered who they were, but I also never gave up. I know it looks like my life is going nowhere, but I'm happy that I don't have to worry about anyone else but me and my loved ones." He was giving me advice. 

It was really good advice and I plan to follow it. So, all in all, my mom isn't right. I should not go back home. I should stay here and only look out for Lexi and I. This is what I was meant to do. I just know it. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro