Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I barely slept at all last night, I'm too distracted. I'm surprised Lexi was asleep all night, I was moving around and leaving the room every half and hour. By four am, I was up on the roof, smoking cigarette, after cigarette. This roof is really nice, some fake grass, a grill and lawn chairs. But I chose to sit on the edge. It felt more real. Today Lexi and I are going into the dangerous world of New York City.  If I'm going to be honest, I'm really scared. I know I'm hurting myself and most importantly putting Lexi out there for harm and I really don't want her to be hurt, but what choice do I have. I laid back, having my back, touch the semi cold concrete, thinking. I know I've been repeating myself, but that's the only way I can figure out my life. And sitting up here, I think to myself that I could just jump. Why would I? It seems like I have so much to accomplish. Truth be told, I don't know why. It just seems like an easy way out, I guess. Eventually I fell asleep. What feels like a few hours later,  Amber came up and woke me up. I rubbed my eyes and looked at her. How did she know I would be up here?

"Jimmy wants to talk to you." She said softly, helping me up. 

She seems so much more quieter than usual. She's usually pretty upbeat. I followed her to the living room. Lexi was sitting on the couch and Amber sat down too. I guess, I'll take a seat then. 

"Family meeting?" I questioned.

Amber stood up, with her head down, she seemed upset, "I'm sorry, I can't be here for this." She grabbed her purse and left. 

I looked at Lexi, then Jimmy, "What the hell is going on?"

"Edgar, I'm kicking you and Lexi out." Jimmy was so blunt about it. 

I looked at him, getting angry, "What? Why?"

"You need to go home, NYC isn't for you."

"What the fuck?" I stood up.

"Ed, come down, your plans didn't work out and I'm about that. But you can't be here."

"Is this because of the stupid comment I made yesterday about your dreams?"

"No." 

Yes. I bet you it was. Jimmy doesn't think somethings. 

"Please leave. I can't stand to see you destroy your life."

I turned my hands into a fist formation, "So, kicking me out is going to make my life better? Nice fucking logic, Jimmy."

Lexi stood up next to me, "Edgar, it's not worth arguing." 

I looked at her in disbelief, "You knew about this."

"Jimmy knew you would get angry and wanted-"

"Jimmy is a fucking asshole. He didn't want anything, not from me or you. You didn't even want us here in the first place." 

He looked annoyed with me, "That's not true."

"Shut up. If mom wouldn't have said anything, you would be so happy without me." 

I went into my room and saw that everything was already packed and gas money. Lexi and I grabbed our stuff and left. He were walking for a while, getting looks from strangers on the streets. 

"Edgar, we're homeless." Lexi pointed out. 

"Yeah, and?"

"We gotta find that kid, Andy." 

Something about that guy, I hated. But what other choice do I have? Huh, this is going to go perfectly in my screenplay. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro